Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Igbira Women, What About Them? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbira Women, What About Them? (15222 Views)

Traditional Marriage In Ebira(igbira) Land / Igbira Tutor Needed / Cwa: Chewing With Attitude- Nigerian Women What's Up With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by excanny: 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2010
bani om. We're already derailing the thread.
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by pinkylady1(f): 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2010
ae
excanny:

bani yahoo ID. I'm online. you can add . We're already derailing the thread.

are you just realizing it?   
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by excanny: 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2010
Have you added it?
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by pinkylady1(f): 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2010
^^^^
yes
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by excanny: 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2010
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by excanny: 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2010
pinky, ban gan ki. Don allah ki tura mini msg.
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by pinkylady1(f): 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2010
dama ka san Allah? grin grin grin grin

but seriously i sent u a mail
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by pinkylady1(f): 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2010
smiley
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by vanillaz: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2011
for more on the igbira people , go to www.namywedding.com/articles .
see thier laws, culture and marriage customs.
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by titipexy: 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
They are deceptive. they can love you crazily, and ditch you they they feel like it. If you take them seriously the way they want you to be and become that perfect young man, they will Bleep you up. Was suppose to plan marriage with one when her parenys said no. They dont marry neighboring igalas, not even ihimas same tribe, or edo sef. Before you folow any and fall in love be very careful. They are stubborn, can get angry when you trample upon their feet. They can be that perfect gurl. They dont double date. If you find those of them that grew up elsewhere not within their kogi state and they are Truely God fearing. Then no wahala. They are also pretty and very feitish, depends on upbringing sha. If u ar an igala man dat is serious for marriage and come accross one you both love yourselves so much... Before you fall totally, ask her to ask her peopl if its posible. But d best is stay away from dem oooo. Experience... They will hunt for your head when you mean real serious marriage. Dey dont giv their daughter to you guys..

1 Like

Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
excanny: @ OP

This should have been posted in culture. The topic is clean and there's nothing tribalistic in your thread. You only wanted to know more about them.

The only negative thing i heard about them is that they believe so much in animism and Juju(not all of them, though). They are quite similar to Yorubas and assimilate easily into any Yoruba society..
not true atall
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
First of all,igibira's are not in anyway similar to the yorubas.
Egbira is generally used for all the egbira speaking tribes all over Nigeria.
They comprise of;
Ebira(of kogi central kogi state)
Egbura(of toto and Umaisha of nasarawa state)
Egbura(of Abaji in the federal capital territory)
Etuno(of igara in akoko LG,edo state)
each of this groups speak a variety of egbira language.
The most popular is the ebiras in kogi cental disctrict which must ppl refer to as "egbira" or "igbira".
very religious ppl, most of them are muslims,christains also but they live very peacefully.
you can see a family were the father is a muslim and the mother a christain and they live in love and harmony..a trait very rare in anyoda part of Nigeria.
They arent fetish but very active in masquared festivals.
very stubborn though but very nice too.
a tribe of very pretty gals and thier women are well trained/brought up.
The men...smooth smart wonanizers
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
Joavid: First of all,igibira's are not in anyway similar to the yorubas.
Egbira is generally used for all the egbira speaking tribes all over Nigeria.
They comprise of;
Ebira(of kogi central kogi state)
Egbura(of toto and Umaisha of nasarawa state)
Egbura(of Abaji in the federal capital territory)
Etuno(of igara in akoko LG,edo state)
each of this groups speak a variety of egbira language.
The most popular is the ebiras in kogi cental disctrict which must ppl refer to as "egbira" or "igbira".
very religious ppl, most of them are muslims,christains also but they live very peacefully.
you can see a family were the father is a muslim and the mother a christain and they live in love and harmony..a trait very rare in anyoda part of Nigeria.
They arent fetish but very active in masquared festivals.
very stubborn though but very nice too.
a tribe of very pretty gals and thier women are well trained/brought up.
The men...smooth smart wonanizers

What's good?

Are you kl? tongue
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2013
ShymX:

What's good?

Are you kl? tongue
enjoyin my hols smiley
shym-x and shymexx has been banned shocked

grin grin
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2013
Joavid:
enjoyin my hols smiley
shym-x and shymexx has been banned shocked

grin grin

Lmao. All my handles serving different bans - ranging from 1 month to 50 years (in the politics section), including this one. Courtesy sex-phaggot, my dog and little biatch. Anyway, let's forget about that inconsequential prick.

Are you an Igbira woman? Tell me more about your tribe.
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
ShymX:

Lmao. All my handles serving different bans - ranging from 1 month to 50 years (in the politics section), including this one. Courtesy sex-phaggot, my dog and little biatch. Anyway, let's forget about that inconsequential prick.

Are you an Igbira woman? Tell me more about your tribe.

Its actually Egbira not Igbira
Egbira is used for generally for all Egbira tribes all over Nigeria.but the most popular of them are the EBIRA's in kogi cental,kogi state and thats where am from.
In the 2006 census Egbira ppl were counted to be 32million ppl and were ranked fourth among 300ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Egbira ppl cut accross eight states of the middle belt and midlands but we are not together as a formidable ethnic group.
we the Ebira Tao in kogi central happens to be the second largest behind the Igala's(there are rumours that the igala's influenced the census for political reasons,they hav been in power since the creation of the state in 1991 formally benue and kwara state).
our forefathers/men are farmers (mostly yams and cassava) while the women wool/clothe weavers.
we arent fetish but we still maintain and keep to our cultures and traditions from time past.
To be honest we are very frndly,nice and hospitable people.our main city/town is okene but expanding to other towns.our king is known is the Ohinoyi of Ebira land.
Main dishes are;pounded yam,gardenegg soup,beans soup,scent leave soup,egusi cooked with bitterleaf(cooked and tastes differently) etc.

Leme stop here for now. Any questions? smiley
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
Joavid:
Its actually Egbira not Igbira
Egbira is used for generally for all Egbira tribes all over Nigeria.but the most popular of them are the EBIRA's in kogi cental,kogi state and thats where am from.
In the 2006 census Egbira ppl were counted to be 32million ppl and were ranked fourth among 300ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Egbira ppl cut accross eight states of the middle belt and midlands but we are not together as a formidable ethnic group.
we the Ebira Tao in kogi central happens to be the second largest behind the Igala's(there are rumours that the igala's influenced the census for political reasons,they hav been in power since the creation of the state in 1991 formally benue and kwara state).
our forefathers/men are farmers (mostly yams and cassava) while the women wool/clothe weavers.
we arent fetish but we still maintain and keep to our cultures and traditions from time past.
To be honest we are very frndly,nice and hospitable people.our main city/town is okene but expanding to other towns.our king is known is the Ohinoyi of Ebira land.
Main dishes are;pounded yam,gardenegg soup,beans soup,scent leave soup,egusi cooked with bitterleaf(cooked and tastes differently) etc.

Leme stop here for now. Any questions? smiley

Igbira's are also Nupe, isn't it? I read somewhere that you lot have a lot in common with Yoruba's and that some Igbira's actually claim they're Yoruba's - how true is that? I don't believe the two groups are the same, anyway. I also heard that the Igbira's settled in Lagos time ago way before the other immigrant Nigerian ethnic groups expect we the owners (Yoruba's) and the Edo's.

Tell me more about Igbira women and what makes them unqiue.
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2013
Nupe's are in Niger state...we are not Nupe angry
actually the yorubas are the ones claiming that EGBIRA'S are part of them which is false. we have no yoruba roots.
The tribes we have things in common with are the jukuns and idoma in benue state(we all broke out from the old Kwararafa kingdom). although there is a tribe in kogi state that speaks a different kind of yoruba.
we are close to the yorubas due to the geoghraphical setting and we interact with them alot so over time we settled on thier lands and married them.

most egbira women are petite.am yet to see one who is too fat or too slim.respectfull with good home training,good cooks,they dnt cheat. very very caring. they stick with thier men even in bad times bad.fertile...like the yoruba's
bad parts-
if u take them for granted...they dump u wen u least expect it.
They can be so meek..it annoys me...
They dnt rily care if thier man is cheating...part of being meek or patient...

Mercy johnson,the Nigerian actress,she is ebira frm ihima

and did i say they very strong too... Very strong that they can pound yam all day...lol
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 18, 2013
My, I didn't know the Nupe's are a distinct group, I thought you lot are actually the same people and the names are interchangeable.

As for Yoruba's claiming Ebira's, I doubt Yoruba's are the one ones claiming you. Perhaps, it's some of the Yorubanised prople from your group that're claiming Yoruba. Yoruba's are a proud people and they don't claim people, even tribes with close affinity linguistic to Yoruba's (e.g Itsekiri and Igala). You know both Itsekiri's and Igala's speak Yoruboid languages and the Itsekiri's are actually mostly of Yoruba heritage, however Yoruba's don't claim none of them. tongue

Furthermore, which tribe in Kogi speaks a different type of Yoruba? Are you referring to the Okun people and Yoruba's in Borgu? Anyway, Oyo kingdom actually started somewhere in present day Kogi state (or Niger state - can't remember the full info. now) before it was moved further down to Oyo ile. Perhaps, the Yoruba's up there in Kogi state are ones that remained there.

I don't really know much about Idoma and I've never heard of them. However, the first time I heard about "Jukun" was a few years ago in uni. I had a fling with some naija jukun chic like that for like a month or so. She was the one who told me about the tribe. Damn!! This girl is definitely one of the most beautiful naija chics I've ever seen. 5'4/5'5, slim with a cute little batty and the best chest ever!! grin We're actually meant to proper go out and I swear I would've "wifed" up this chic, but she was too scared of my lifestyle, hence she had to run away. I was wild and crazy in uni, and defo. the ladies' man - but she was a Church girl. Anyway, she tried her best but my cockiness and uni-life got the best of me. sad You can check all my posts on threads about "saying something about other tribes" and you'll see where I referenced "Jukun" and the chic. grin

Anyway, are you saying all Ebira women have these characteristics? tongue I need to find out for myself. tongue

And since you mentioned Mercy Johnson - are you packing like that woman as well? - she's definitely double-whammy, both front and back. grin grin
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
Lmao.
yes u are right,they r the okuns.
Idoma's are in benue state.

awww..sori about ur jukun chick(u dnt kow wat u have until u lose it).

yes they do...to the best of my knowledge. ..never heard otherwise...

my mama was generous and she gave me enough tongue wink

what Nigerian language do u speak?
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
I understand Yoruba...and can speak it a little bit with an accent.
Know three words in Benin and about five words in Igbo. grin

So what did your mum give ya? Got proof for that? tongue
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
you wouldnt want me to do that here wink
so many crazy peeps here.
tongue
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
I hear that. tongue

[size=3pt]Send it on the other side[/size]. lipsrsealed

Err...to the left, to the left. wink
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
cheesy wink cheesy
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Matlab: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
Well thank you Joavid,
Ebira is a nupoid language and shares more with Nupe peoples (Kakanda (from Agaie-Suleja-Lokoja-Egga(kogi)) Nupe) than Jukun/Kwararafa and idoma;there aree nupe in Kogi and Edo groups too under auchi.

Joavid: Nupe's are in Niger state...we are not Nupe angry
actually the yorubas are the ones claiming that EGBIRA'S are part of them which is false. we have no yoruba roots.
The tribes we have things in common with are the jukuns and idoma in benue state(we all broke out from the old Kwararafa kingdom). although there is a tribe in kogi state that speaks a different kind of yoruba.
we are close to the yorubas due to the geoghraphical setting and we interact with them alot so over time we settled on thier lands and married them.

most egbira women are petite.am yet to see one who is too fat or too slim.respectfull with good home training,good cooks,they dnt cheat. very very caring. they stick with thier men even in bad times bad.fertile...like the yoruba's
bad parts-
if u take them for granted...they dump u wen u least expect it.
They can be so meek..it annoys me...
They dnt rily care if thier man is cheating...part of being meek or patient...

Mercy johnson,the Nigerian actress,she is ebira frm ihima

and did i say they very strong too... Very strong that they can pound yam all day...lol
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Agrika: 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
Is it true that mercy johnson's dad is ebira and her mum igbo?
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by tpia0001: 9:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
Joavid:

its mostly nairaland (ie internet) "yorubas" that like to claim people, you rarely find actual yorubas doing that.
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by Idris1571: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2016
My friend was dating igara chick before she got admission to kogi state, she wasn't double dating here in lagos but when she got there she started double dating. She is now dating a guy from her tribe and she is not even hiding it from my friend.
Re: Igbira Women, What About Them? by spartacus11(m): 11:53am On Mar 02, 2019
azeeza:
ebiras are part of kogi state,and 1 of the major groups in kogi state.their ladies are cool headed unless u trample on their feet.am an ebira chick born in lokoja but lived almost my whole life in abj.may be i might be of help to you sunch
Hi can we talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Somebody Lied "African-american" Ain't African / What Do We Consider As Expensive Bride Price? / Imo People, What Is Wrong With Mbaise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.