Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children (2617 Views)

Praying Solah In A Moving Vehicle Or Plane / How To Instill The Spirit Of Performing Solah In Your Children? / Explanation Of QABLI And BAADI (corrections Of Mistakes In Solah) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by Lukgaf(m): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2019
Every mother knows that it is impermissible for a child to breastfeed after the age of two. At the same time, mothers understand that their infant children cannot progress from a purely milk-based diet to a diet of solids overnight. If this drastic, unfamiliar change is thrust upon the child in an instant, he will struggle to adapt and his digestive system will suffer.
In exactly the same way, we all know that once a child becomes baaligh (reaches the age of maturity), it is compulsory for him to perform all the five daily salaah on time. Furthermore, in the case of a male, these salaah will have to be performed in the masjid.

Just as a mother begins weaning her breastfeeding child in advance, and gradually introduces solids to him, so that when he is two years of age, he is already accustomed to solids and can easily make the transition, the parents should adopt the same approach for their children’s salaah.

The hadeeth teaches us that we should commence teaching and training our children to perform their salaah when they reach the age of seven. Thereafter, when they reach the age of ten, they should be disciplined for showing laziness in regard to salaah. (Sunan Tirmizi #407) In other words, by the time they reach the age of ten, the concern for salaah should be firmly embedded in their hearts and punctuality on salaah should be their second nature.

As parents, it is really an injustice and unkindness on our side that we fail to teach our children the importance of salaah when they are young, and thereafter, when they are teens, we suddenly expect them to have perfect punctuality on their salaah. Although they are responsible and answerable for their own actions at this time, we will undoubtedly have a share in their sin of neglecting salaah as we are partially to blame.

The effort must be made to teach the children the importance of salaah. This is easily achieved through reading the chapter ‘Virtues of Salaah’ to our children in our daily home ta’leem of Fazaail-e-Aa’maal. Mothers should make their daughters and small sons perform salaah with them so that they learn the concept of salaah and develop eagerness for it.

Once a son reaches the age of seven, his father should begin taking him to the musjid. However, before doing so, the father must ensure that his son understands the sanctity of the masjid and knows how to conduct himself correctly. Thereafter, he must monitor his son and discipline him appropriately so that his son does not disturb others and become a nuisance in the masjid. In this regard, small children that do not understand the sanctity of the masjid should not be taken to the masjid.

Training our children in this manner is not only compulsory – it is a highly-rewarding investment and one of the ultimate acts of kindness that we can show them. Every single time our child performs salaah, until the day he or she passes away, we will be rewarded, as we taught them to perform salaah.

May Allah Ta‘ala bless us all to be punctual on our salaah and train our children correctly.

Source: http://uswatulmuslimah.co.za

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by AJOBI77(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
Amin. May ALLAH help us all
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by AbuTwins: 9:17am On Oct 11, 2019
Islam is a beautiful Religion.

O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded.
Qur'an 66 vs 6

Aamin to the above du'a
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by balogunIV: 9:40am On Oct 11, 2019
Jazakumullah khairan
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by ziegurf(m): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2019
...crace na im dey worry una to say you're a Muslim you believed in all of the above

Son of Habakkuk please come and see something here...ooo

Zachariah wan climb tree to peep what Nebuchadnezzar is doing
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by tintingz(m): 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
true2god:
Exactly!

Majority Muslims are Muslims because of that not because they choose to.

Same goes for other religions.

Some might come here and argue, but I'm an adult and choose it.

No, you did not, I can tell you over 90% plus Muslims did not study other religions or even know many religions exist apart of Judaism and Christianity(that are painted bad).
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by DennisEche(m): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
AbuTwins:
Islam is a beautiful Religion.

O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded.
Qur'an 66 vs 6

Aamin to the above du'a
BEAUTIFUL IN BOMBING RIGHT?
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by Jibabs2(m): 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
Alhamdulillah and ameen to the above prayer
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by salam8528: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
joganut:
dont forget to teach them how to blow themselves up.... grin grin grin grin

blood thirsty ........
most u guys coment have u guys finished studying ur Christianity that u are here mending in other peoples affairs. So the Lagos sex for mack lectures that was recently exposed is a Christian so should we assume all Christians are being thought to assault women sexually?
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by fortran12: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
salam8528:
most u guys coment have u guys finished studying ur Christianity that u are here mending in other peoples affairs. So the Lagos sex for mack lectures that was recently exposed is a Christian so should we assume all Christians are being thought to assault women sexually?
What would Jesus do if presented with the opportunity of sex for marks? I am sure he would pass. But i am 100000 % sure of what Mohammed would have done!

Judge a religion by the principals of that religion n not the followers.
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by true2god: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
fortran12:
What would Jesus do if presented with the opportunity of sex for marks? I am sure he would pass. But i am 100000 % sure of what Mohammed would have done!

Insightful analysis and comparison. Of course we all know who will fail the test:

[quran 33:50] O Prophet, indeed We have made lawful to you your wives to whom you have given their due compensation and those your right hand possesses from what Allah has returned to you [of captives] and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who emigrated with you and a believing woman if she gives herself to the Prophet [and] if the Prophet wishes to marry her, [this is] only for you, excluding the [other] believers. We certainly know what We have made obligatory upon them concerning their wives and those their right hands possess, [but this is for you] in order that there will be upon you no discomfort. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

[quran 33:51] You, [O Muhammad], may put aside whom you will of them or take to yourself whom you will. And any that you desire of those [wives] from whom you had [temporarily] separated - there is no blame upon you [in returning her]. That is more suitable that they should be content and not grieve and that they should be satisfied with what you have given them - all of them. And Allah knows what is in your hearts. And ever is Allah Knowing and Forbearing.

[quran 33:52] Not lawful to you, [O Muhammad], are [any additional] women after [this], nor [is it] for you to exchange them for [other] wives, even if their beauty were to please you, except what your right hand possesses.

The most privileged prophet.
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by TripleA1: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
Allahuma ameen
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by salam8528: 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
fortran12:

u are still contractdicting yourself u don't know Muhammad (s.a.w) ur statement above is Blasphemy but i know u said it out ignorance or base of what u are told about islam.THERE ARE MORE THAN 5 THOUSAND RELIGION ON EARTH, DoNT WORRY ONLY URS IS THE BEST, SHALOM.
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by fortran12: 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
salam8528:
u are still contractdicting yourself u don't know Muhammad (s.a.w) ur statement above is Blasphemy but i know u said it out ignorance or base of what u are told about islam.THERE ARE MORE THAN 5 THOUSAND RELIGION ON EARTH, DoNT WORRY ONLY URS IS THE BEST, SHALOM.

I know Islam like i know the back of my hand. We all know Mohammed can't resist women especially ones that offer themselves to him. It's one of the benefits of the prophet. I have reference for that.
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by salam8528: 8:03am On Oct 12, 2019
fortran12:

I know Islam like i know the back of my hand. We all know Mohammed can't resist women especially ones that offer themselves to him. It's one of the benefits of the prophet. I have reference for that.
that's y I said u dont know islam, u think Islam is all about reading the English version of Qur'an and then assume u know it? if thats what u are thinking u are wrong. for example ur bible, u can t just the English translation and assume u know it u need someone who studied bible deeply to explain what some verces meant. next time don't just read qur'an and assume u know it.
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by fortran12: 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
salam8528:
that's y I said u dont know islam, u think Islam is all about reading the English version of Qur'an and then assume u know it? if thats what u are thinking u are wrong. for example ur bible, u can t just the English translation and assume u know it u need someone who studied bible deeply to explain what some verces meant. next time don't just read qur'an and assume u know it.

I have read the Quran and its Hadiths so I know what I am talking about. Your prophet had special privileges and women offering themselves to him was part, also he was the only one with the privilege of having 13 wives.
Re: Instilling the Spirit Of Observing Solah In Children by AbuTwins: 8:35am On Oct 15, 2019
DennisEche:

BEAUTIFUL IN BOMBING RIGHT?

Only fools generalise people this way. If out of 100,000 people one of them is guilty of an act then you say all of them are guilty.

If all Muslims are terrorist then you and your kin would be dead.

(1) (Reply)

Was Muhammad A Universal Prophet ? / Bible Approves Islam As The Divine Religion / Imam Ali Ibn Musa Al Rida (rahimahullâh) - Imam Of Sunnah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.