Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? (2784 Views)

What God Did To My Friend When He Was About To Learn Yahoo-yahoo In A Cafe / Adeboye: My Friend Screamed Praise The Lord When We Heard Nigeria's N55trn Debt / Prophet TB Joshua's Dream About 2019 General Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 7:43am On Oct 11, 2019
A friend of mine is planning to travel to a country where there’s currently ongoing protesting. Media coverage shows that things are mostly violent which is a normal concern, however some people are saying things are normal as long as you avoid protest areas, she’s getting mixed ‘reviews’.

Her mum has been begging her not to go but she’s reluctant to cancel because

1. Her boyfriend who invited her on the trip in the first place has put up a lot of money for a trip that would’ve otherwise been free for him if he’d gone on his own (he’s travelling for work).

2. She still lowkey wants to go

She has explained her dilemma to him, he understands and has told her he doesn’t mind if she doesn’t go but she feels bad about the efforts he’s gone to.

To add to her worrying, her mum told her pastor and the pastor came back to her the next day about a bad dream or feeling he had about her travelling. When she told me I was a bit skeptical of the pastor because of the timing of the dream (after she’d told him), she felt the same way as me.

As it is now she still plans on going however today I had a dream about something bad happening. I don’t know if it’s indeed a foreshadowing or just a dream, it’s not like I’ve been thinking about it regularly (if at all) so the fact that I had a dream is pretty random, in fact the last time I spoke to her about it was over a week ago and it hasn’t crossed my mind since. I believe in the spiritual but I’m not that spiritual if that makes sense.

Anyway, my question is should I tell her about my dream or just keep it to myself?

Mynd44 dominique could you please help me push this to FP as I’d like as many answers as possible
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by nzeobi(m): 7:51am On Oct 11, 2019
Give the specifics, which country and what's the dream.
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 7:57am On Oct 11, 2019
nzeobi:
Give the specifics, which country and what's the dream.
China, Hong Kong to be exact.

I dreamt that the plane she was on got shot down
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by nzeobi(m): 8:02am On Oct 11, 2019
ibkayee:
I think fear has shaped your thinking.

5 Likes

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by robinso01(m): 8:06am On Oct 11, 2019
i'll advice dat u tell her,u can't say,dreams might come true

1 Like

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 8:08am On Oct 11, 2019
nzeobi:

I think fear has shaped your thinking.
Yeah it’s possible, but I don’t recall being fearful at all when discussing with her
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by TissuePaper: 8:20am On Oct 11, 2019
Anty for the past 1week i have been dying in my dreams but i still wake up after every episode and smile because it is what it is....just a dream

Its okay if u dont want her to make the trip for safety reasons, however, i think it is preposterous to deprive the lady if she really wants to go, on account of a dream u had.

1 Like

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by Acidosis(m): 8:21am On Oct 11, 2019
Bad dreams, especially death related dreams, are hard to ignore. But from what you've posted, your dream is pretty going to sound boring and impossible to anyone that tries to interprete it literally.

If you’re going to talk about this dream to your friend, just advise her to listen to her mom and mom's pastor because she would end up blaming herself should anything happen.

Please ignore the details of the dream since you and, by extension, your friend are not very spiritual, lol.

2 Likes

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 8:31am On Oct 11, 2019
robinso01:
i'll advice dat u tell her,u can't say,dreams might come true
Thanks for your input
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by thorpido(m): 8:31am On Oct 11, 2019
There's a lot of unrest in Hong Kong presently and it's in the city centers and even extends to the airport.
Going on a trip to that country now doesn't make sense. .too volatile.
You don't need to tell her about the dream but just tell her your mind is telling her not to go.

3 Likes

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 8:32am On Oct 11, 2019
TissuePaper:
Anty for the past 1week i have been dying in my dreams but i still wake up after every episode and smile because it is what it is....just a dream

Its okay if u dont want her to make the trip for safety reasons, however, i think it is preposterous to deprive the lady if she really wants to go, on account of a dream u had.
Lool

Thank you, I feel like I’d be doing more harm than good
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 8:32am On Oct 11, 2019
Acidosis:

Bad dreams, especially death related dreams, are hard to ignore. But from what you've posted, your dream is pretty going to sound boring and impossible to anyone that tries to interprete it literally.

If you’re going to talk about this dream to your friend, just advise her to listen to her mom and mom's pastor because she would end up blaming herself should anything happen.

Please ignore the details of the dream since you and, by extension, your friend are not very spiritual, lol.
Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 8:33am On Oct 11, 2019
thorpido:
There's a lot of unrest in Hong Kong presently and it's in the city centers and even extends to the airport.
Going on a trip to that country now doesn't make sense. .too volatile.
Thank you
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by robinso01(m): 8:33am On Oct 11, 2019
ibkayee:
Thanks for your input
it's nothing
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by pocohantas(f): 8:46am On Oct 11, 2019
ibkayee:

You watch too much war movies.
Not good grin

2 Likes

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by Chepos1(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2019
Dreams come through, its one way God use to communicate with us.
God have used you and the pastor to know what is to happen so my opinion is to pray about it and ask God to play His role; i.e IF IT IS GOD'S WILL LET THE JOURNEY COME TO PASS BUT IF OTHERWISE, LET SOMETHING NATURAL STOP HER FROM GOING.
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 11, 2019
ibkayee:
A friend of mine is planning to travel to a country where there’s currently ongoing protesting. Media coverage shows that things are mostly violent which is a normal concern, however some people are saying things are normal as long as you avoid protest areas, she’s getting mixed ‘reviews’.

Her mum has been begging her not to go but she’s reluctant to cancel because

1. Her boyfriend who invited her on the trip in the first place has put up a lot of money for a trip that would’ve otherwise been free for him if he’d gone on his own (he’s travelling for work).

2. She still lowkey wants to go

She has explained her dilemma to him, he understands and has told her he doesn’t mind if she doesn’t go but she feels bad about the efforts he’s gone to.

To add to her worrying, her mum told her pastor and the pastor came back to her the next day about a bad dream or feeling he had about her travelling. When she told me I was a bit skeptical of the pastor because of the timing of the dream (after she’d told him), she felt the same way as me.

As it is now she still plans on going however today I had a dream about something bad happening. I don’t know if it’s indeed a foreshadowing or just a dream, it’s not like I’ve been thinking about it regularly (if at all) so the fact that I had a dream is pretty random, in fact the last time I spoke to her about it was over a week ago and it hasn’t crossed my mind since. I believe in the spiritual but I’m not that spiritual if that makes sense.

Anyway, my question is should I tell her about my dream or just keep it to myself?

Mynd44 dominique could you please help me push this to FP as I’d like as many answers as possible
What do you think of your dreams, do they come true or not from past observations?

If they do, it's essential you do, but even they don't I would advise you just tell your friend what happened in your dream for the sake of it, because if anything happens to her if you decide to keep it to yourself, and it tallies with what took place in your dream, you would not easily forgive yourself.

Let it be up to her to decide since you're not the first to have such a dream about that trip, so whatever decision she arrives at the end, she'd be solely responsible for it and no one else.

Usually when such dreams occur, the most advisable thing to do is to pray for her and against what happened in the dream, just in case there was any purpose attached to it, but since you say you're not spiritual, maybe you should find someone spiritually inclined to help you out, for that used to happen in the Bible days.

God bless

P.S. The dreams has the trappings of a plane crash.
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by CaptainMitch: 9:41am On Oct 11, 2019
Let her go, just say a prayer for her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2019
pocohantas:

You watch too much war movies.
Not good grin
Lol I don’t o cheesy
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
What do you think of your dreams, do they come true or not from past observations?

If they do, it's essential you do, but even they don't I would advise you just tell your friend what happened in your dream for the sake of it, because if anything happens to her if you decide to keep it to yourself, and it tallies with what took place in your dream, you would not easily forgive yourself.

Let it be up to her to decide since you're not the first to have such a dream about that trip, so whatever decision she arrives at the end, she'd be solely responsible for it and no one else.

Usually when such dreams occur, the most advisable thing to do is to pray for her and against what happened in the dream, just in case there was any purpose attached to it, but since you say you're not spiritual, maybe you should find someone spiritually inclined to help you out, for that used to happen in the Bible days.

God bless

P.S. The dreams has the trappings of a plane crash.
Thank you smiley
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by Ola17: 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sister, don’t allow anyone project their fears into you o. China(Hong Kong) is a great country and a place to be. Like someone pointed out earlier, the protests are confined to city centers, don’t deprive yourself of a lifetime opportunity because of something as superficial as dreams.

There’s nothing to fear unless you are going there to join the protests. With all the BH and bandit wahala, people no still dey Naija dey ball?
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2019
Encourage her to travel, but make sure you tell her about your dream so she can be more careful. If she would come back fine, she will.

Make research about the cities where the protest is happening and re-route her flight to safer places. I believe they should have more than one international Airport.

Let him be there ready on standby to pick her up. He has to guarantee of safety some sort since he invited.
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by YAHREIGNS: 5:46am On Oct 12, 2019
The fact that her parents have warned her should be enough.

There is a Swahili saying:

"If you don't learn from your mother you will learn from the world"

It seems she is about to learn some lessons from the world.

1 Like

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by zicoraads: 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
Just tell her. I think nothing will happen. It's just fear manifesting in your dreams. But should in case it does, you'll never be able to forgive yourself.

I dreamt this afternoon that my car was stolen.

Nobody should try me oooooo. angry sad

1 Like

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by vincentjk(m): 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2019
You later told her?
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ola17:
Sister, don’t allow anyone project their fears into you o. China(Hong Kong) is a great country and a place to be. Like someone pointed out earlier, the protests are confined to city centers, don’t deprive yourself of a lifetime opportunity because of something as superficial as dreams.

There’s nothing to fear unless you are going there to join the protests. With all the BH and bandit wahala, people no still dey Naija dey ball?
truthsayer009:
Encourage her to travel, but make sure you tell her about your dream so she can be more careful. If she would come back fine, she will.

Make research about the cities where the protest is happening and re-route her flight to safer places. I believe they should have more than one international Airport.

Let him be there ready on standby to pick her up. He has to guarantee of safety some sort since he invited.

YAHREIGNS:
The fact that her parents have warned her should be enough.

There is a Swahili saying:

"If you don't learn from your mother you will learn from the world"

It seems she is about to learn some lessons from the world.
zicoraads:
Just tell her. I think nothing will happen. It's just fear manifesting in your dreams. But should in case it does, you'll never be able to forgive yourself.

I dreamt this afternoon that my car was stolen.

Nobody should try me oooooo. angry sad
Thank you all smiley
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
vincentjk:
You later told her?
No I didn't, I just prayed over it
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
ibkayee:

How did you even pray when you are not really spiritual sad
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by ibkayee(f): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
truthsayer009:

How did you even pray when you are not really spiritual sad
Ok, maybe I should've said my level of spirituality is very basic, plus I don't think you need to be a 'high ranking' spiritual warrior to pray

3 Likes

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by vincentjk(m): 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
ibkayee:

Alright. better

1 Like

Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
ibkayee:

Ok, maybe I should've said my level of spirituality is very basic, plus I don't think you need to be a 'high ranking' spiritual warrior to pray
OK then
Re: Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her? by tomdon(m): 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
You are skeptical of the pastor because of the timing of the dream (after she’d told him)
But you're not sceptical of yourself because it is you

Keep your dream to yourself

The only reason to abort is a genuine evidence of unrest

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Muslims Please Answer Me / Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. / Will Secularism Promote Religious Tolerance In Nigeria ? What's Your Opinion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.