Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update (2291 Views)

What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? / Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant / List Of Infinix Devices To Receive Official Android 9.0 P Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by topmag2019: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2019
TechNews By TOPMAG.PW

The heavyweight champion of the mobile world in terms of software support strikes again, delivering a swift Android 10 promotion for the upper mid-range Nokia 8.1 handset. Even though this is not the first non-Google device to receive an official update to the newest OS version, following in the footsteps of the Essential Phone, as well as the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro, its achievement is made remarkable by the Snapdragon 710 processor under the hood.

Nokia 8.1While reasonably fast by any standards, that’s not a flagship SoC, and as you can imagine, the Nokia 8.1 becomes today the world’s first phone powered by said mid-end chip to run Android 10, bringing a lot of cool stuff like a system-wide dark theme, quicker and more intuitive gesture navigation, and overall performance enhancements to the table.

Nokia 8.1Android 10 upgrade for Nokia 8.1 starts today! First on SD710 to bring new features such as Dark theme, Gesture Navigation and more. Staying the course to be the first across the portfolio! Nokia phones #Keepgettingbetter #nokiamobile pic.twitter.com/U9g1jZHtA6

Today’s announcement doesn’t come as a surprise after exclusive global Nokia brand licensee HMD Global already confirmed before Android 10 was even released for Google’s own Pixels that three of its phones would receive the stable over-the-air update by the end of the year. What might be a little unexpected for some people is that the Nokia 8.1 has managed to beat the high-end Nokia 9 PureView to the punch.

Nokia 8.1Then again, the brand’s first flagship model in ages was kind of a dud, so we’re fairly certain you’re more excited to see Android 10 goodies rolled out this quarter to the Nokia 7.1 rather than the disappointing aforementioned high-ender. Keep in mind that both the 7.1 and 9 PureView are officially available in the US, at retail prices of $299 and $450 respectively, unlike the 8.1, which was “globally” released back in December 2018 after making its debut in China under the X7 name roughly a whole year ago.

See More Photos Here: https://www.topmag.pw/2019/10/11/nokia-8-1-becomes-the-first-phone-brand-to-launch-official-android-10-update/

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by topmag2019: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2019
Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by immortalcrown(m): 11:38am On Oct 11, 2019
The almighty of the past is struggling to reign again.

Overconfidence is bad. The guys that built Android first met Nokia to buy the Android, but Nokia turned down the offer, believing that Android could not dethrone Symbian. But at last, Android did not only dethrone Symbian, Android killed Symbian.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2019
I just updated my HuaweiY9prime2019 day before yesterday. So I believe am my Os is Android 10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by topmag2019: 11:42am On Oct 11, 2019
immortalcrown:

The relent their effort, thats why.
Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by topmag2019: 11:42am On Oct 11, 2019
Remimadrid:
I just updated my HuaweiY9prime2019 day before yesterday. So I believe am my Os is Android 10

YES tongue cool
Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by Yakade(m): 11:46am On Oct 11, 2019
hurray

Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by acenazt: 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
immortalcrown:

Overconfidence is bad. The guys that built Android first met Nokia to buy the Android, but Nokia turned down the offer, believing that Android could not dethrone Symbian. But at last, Android did not only dethrone Symbian, Android killed Symbian.
They are gaining serious ground tbh.
Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by acenazt: 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
immortalcrown:

They are gaining serious ground tbh
Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by Ernerstdavid55(m): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
Umidigi f2 has been dre fa
Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by Sagelegend: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
Remimadrid:

How Is the phone compared to similar phones?
Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sagelegend:

How Is the phone compared to similar phones?
Better than any Trassion device. The phone is too good.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by labusinessguide: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2019
immortalcrown:

I wept when Nokia played with their chances.

Today I don't give a Zap about them
Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by Sagelegend: 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2019
Remimadrid:

Better than any Trassion device. The phone is too good.

Its an insult to mention transsion device for were huawei they breathe self. Huawei na baba

1 Like

Re: Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update by Ferrous(m): 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sagelegend:

Its an insult to mention transsion device for were huawei they breathe self. Huawei na baba

Pls, I'm planning to buy that phone (Huawei), what is the experience so far?

(1) (Reply)

My First Impression With Xiaomi / Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. / Experiencing The Horrible And Annoying Airtel Network Issues ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.