Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari (1111 Views)

Scolari Slams Mourinho Over Neymar Comments / Chelsea Manager Felipe Luiz Scolari Sacked After Players Revolt / What Is Scolari's Game Plan For Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by HighChief4(m): 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2010
Former Chelsea boss Luis Felipe Scolari has claimed he was not allowed to do his job properly by the Blues hierarchy - and that he had taught Ashley Cole how to kick with his right foot.

Scolari has said little about his short-lived spell at Stamford Bridge since being sacked by Roman Abramovich in February 2009, on the back of a shocking home draw with Hull.

The Brazilian is now back in his homeland with former club Palmeiras after a lucrative but short stint in Uzbekistan and says he wants to return to coach the national team he led to World Cup glory in 2002 when they host the tournament in 2014.

But it was Scolari's interpretation of his time at Chelsea which was eye-opening as he pointed again pointed the finger at Petr Cech, Michael Ballack and Didier Drogba for forcing him out and made a series of bizarre claims about Drogba, Cole, Anelka and Salomon Kalou.

Explaining his exit, Scolari said: "The board were worried because we hadn't beaten any of the big teams.

"I can understand that but we were only two or three points off the lead. And there were all these questions about the atmosphere, because there were one or two issues with some of the top players. That's because I took a stance that other coaches wouldn't have taken. I didn't have total control. There was this resistance to me, mainly because there were two or three players who tried to impose their authority in a way that wasn't right.

"The only thing is that I made them an important part of my plans, and that hadn't been the case before. I wanted them to get back to their best, not just for Chelsea but for the rest of their careers, and they couldn't see that. They wanted to play every game and that was one of the problems I had."

Cech, Ballack - now at Bayer Leverkusen and Drogba - who fell out with Scolari spectacularly in the Brazilian's last six weeks - have already been blamed privately by the former Blues boss but the South American insisted it was cultural differences that killed him.

Scolari added: "Whenever European clubs appoint South American coaches they always have doubts about how they work.

"My working methods were not the kind you'd usually associate with English football. In South America we do a lot of work on the basics.

"When we have a whole week of training sessions, for example, we get the first-team players and the reserves together, and that doesn't really happen over there. That was another of the reasons why I didn't stay.

"I just carried on with my job though, and I know that some of the players improved as a result."

This was where Scolari reinvented history, as he said: "Look at Nicolas Anelka. He wasn't getting a game and then all of a sudden he was Chelsea's top scorer.

"Ashley Cole couldn't use his right foot and later he even scored with it, and all Salomon Kalou could do was run fast.

"He couldn't dribble very well, so we taught him to dribble round poles. Ok, I know they were only poles in the ground but it helped him to start dribbling round opponents, which is something he does now without any problem.

"And then there's Drogba, who had a serious knee injury but is fine now thanks to the work I did, not just the club's doctors. I refused to let him play with an injury and I had problems with him because of that. But in 20 or 30 years' time, there'll be two or three of them who'll still be walking absolutely fine. They'll remember me then, for sure.

"I've never spoken about this before and I'm not bringing it up now to justify myself. I understood the reasons and I accepted them. I was sad because I was enjoying the job and I wanted to stay on. I think English football's great, but I had to go and I did."

Scolari did admit that complaints by the players over his poor command of English were justified as he went on: "It would have been much easier for me if my English was better, because I would have used normal words as well as the others you often hear on a football pitch.

"They're a bit stronger and sometimes players understand that kind of language better than if you talk to them like a friend.

"Yes, it would have been different. You have to think hard about which words to use and that stops your thought processes. And even then it often comes out wrong. If I'm talking in Portuguese though, I'll say what I want to say and add a bit more if I feel like it. Then I'm done."
Re: Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by Dsense(m): 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2010
Can't help it grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by oweniwe(m): 8:16pm On Nov 06, 2010
Scolari tried but his inflexible tactics was.nt so cool. . . all he does is wing play with little or no midfield. The other clubs studied the way we play. . . neutralise the wingers and chelsea found it hard to win games. I still remember that embarrasing 3-0 loss to man u. Chelsea is not a age grade team where u spend time teaching top players new tricks. What we needed then was urgent results but he choosed to experiment. . . Like cook serving her thirsty boss with warm coffe instead of a cold drink. sad
Re: Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by HighChief4(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2010
Scolari was just a business man, he almost ruined our darling club
Re: Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by bigfather(m): 9:58pm On Nov 06, 2010
High_Chief:

Scolari was just a business man, he almost ruined our darling club

The guy really got under my skin. angry
Re: Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by 1025: 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2010
until scolari mention my name among those who engineered his sack from chelsea, i will still believe he is confussed over his sack.
yeye man wey dey bench drogba. he even wan use drogba and 2 other players plus cash to buy robinho.
God pass that man scolari who came to destroy our joy.
Re: Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by Mariory(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2010
Good job Cech, Drogba, and Ballack. I always knew Ballack was a Legend. Epic win for us with that sacking.
Re: Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by bigfather(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2010
Mariory:

Good job Cech, Drogba, and Ballack. I always knew Ballack was a Legend. Epic win for us with that sacking.

grin grin grin
Re: Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by chelseabmw(m): 1:21am On Nov 09, 2010
Scolari was not a good coach period
Re: Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by dyabman(m): 11:27am On Nov 09, 2010
when scolari was fired last 2 years that evening i drank so hard. . .what a relief! grin
Re: Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari by mykali(m): 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2010
^^^hehehe. . . Funny dude

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge Has Been Announced As The Host Of The 2013 UEFA Women’ / Arsene Wenger & Aaron Ramsey Win Manager And Player Awards For September 2013 / Man U Beating Arsenal 8-2 Or Loosing To City 1-6 - Which Is More Embarrassing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.