Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

DSTV Fighting Hard To Kill METRO - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Fighting Hard To Kill METRO (1362 Views)

BBNaija: Erica Threatens To Kill Laycon / BBNaija: Mercy Issued Two Strikes For Fighting Tacha / BBNaija: Khafi Dream 'Seyi Attempted To Kill Me With A Knife' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Fighting Hard To Kill METRO by optimistD(m): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2019
For 7 days now metro digital has been down in Port Harcourt. One of their technician just old me DSTV, i guess with the help of court/Security impounded their sever because, according to them, metro has no right to show foot ball matches. I learnt DSTV succeeded in pushing metro out in Abuja and Lagos. Now they have faced Port Harcourt after which the will proceed to another city. How can a foreign company be killing the local ones with the help of our country men? This same company, as I was told, messed up Startime, a locally owned TV ( owned by NTA) I guess) with GoTv. TSTV could not see the light of the day because of this same DSTV. Same way MTN refused to go for per second call charges until Glo introduced it and the quickly followed suit, DSTV has refused to offer pay per view package and would not allow any the company that could offer such arise. What is really happening to us. The info has it that they would not allow Metro show any match in English and now they want to stop them completely. They want us to pay N14000/ month before we can watch any match. They want us to buy as many decoder as the number of Televisions in the house/office to enable us watch from our different rooms/offices and nobody is saying anything. They move stations out of packages at will and we don't seem to bother. OK, let the loss of job that will follow bother us. Let capital flight bother us. Rather than multiple tax via CBN, toll, online payment etc, let the government break this monopoly to create more jobs and income for the government. Let me go and get MYTV for the sake of my kids. For 1000/month, I won't patronize Dstv. I stand to be corrected. It's annoying that we seem not to know what is good for us.

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Fighting Hard To Kill METRO by shilenji(m): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
First time I am hearing of METRO or TSTV ,buh we should support our own especially wen there are trying to make life more easy for us.

SINCE ITS THE ERA OF USING LOCAL THINGS AS PROPOSED BY BUBU LETS EMBRACE SHARP SHARP and SHARP
Re: DSTV Fighting Hard To Kill METRO by emeijeh(m): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
Hold your Distinguished Distinct thieves Senators responsible for this and every other cable TV stations that never left it's toddler stage in Nigeria.

Stupid country
Re: DSTV Fighting Hard To Kill METRO by emeijeh(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2019
shilenji:
First time I am hearing of METRO or TSTV ,buh we should support our own especially wen there are trying to make life more easy for us.

SINCE ITS THE ERA OF USING LOCAL THINGS AS PROPOSED BY BUBU LETS EMBRACE SHARP SHARP and SHARP

Say what?!

Are you from Mars?
Re: DSTV Fighting Hard To Kill METRO by hisgrace090: 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
Our country's justice system and security is for the hieghst bidder.

But all south Africans sided for their people during zonophobia attack as they all watch them looting helpless foreigners without any arrest.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Fighting Hard To Kill METRO by optimistD(m): 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2019
They are presently in court with Metro
Re: DSTV Fighting Hard To Kill METRO by edoairways: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2019
shilenji:

Many Nigerians love foreign products hence the exploitation from multinationals

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Seen These Movies / Clips From Naija Premiere Of Phat Girlz / Pls, Where Can I Download Chinese Movies On My Android Device?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.