Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,048 members, 7,849,238 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:59 PM

Give The Girl Child A Fair Chance --@daniel Nwankwo (d'godboy) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Give The Girl Child A Fair Chance --@daniel Nwankwo (d'godboy) (312 Views)

Martin Nwankwo, IMSU Professor Celebrates Birthday With Kegite Club In Owerri / Debate : Is Educating Female Child A Waste Of Resources? / Nwankwo Florence Ngozi, University Of Jos Overall Best Graduating Student (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Give The Girl Child A Fair Chance --@daniel Nwankwo (d'godboy) by Usherbidex(m): 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
Yesterday is equally the International Day of the Girl Child.
I was privileged to be in the panel of discussants at the Federal University Lokoja alongside, Honourable Commissioner for Agriculture, Kogi State and a host of other legal and academic generals.

We considered *Empowering the Girl Child for a Better Nigeria*
In the meeting, I posited and we all agreed that there is no better Empowerment for the girl child that us better than quality education that opens their minds to critical thinking. And that falls squarely on one of the cardinal thematic areas of Leverage, the Summit that was just just concluded. It is the largest gathering of Great Minds in the North Central.

One of the questions I had to deal with bothered on the traditional Nigerian(African Belief) that; the Girl Child naturally does not qualify for formal education and can afford to live without being schooled.

My first reaction was; "that may have passed in 1947, but certainly not in the 21st century.

My position therefore was ; that we are no longer in the 1947 preclinical era. The 21s century Girl Child has value, has interests and passion, can and should be allowed to speak for themselves and go to any length within the law to express themselves.

Let your parents know, humbly, that the era of no education for the girl child has been long jettisoned.

In this century, girls can only amount to anything, if they are sponsored through school. In fact, the economy and politics may be safer in their hands as they are naturally not prone to violence.. Debatable though.

The world on social media is awash with stories of women who have made amazing contributions in staggering developmental projects across Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.

However, the girl child must do away with the defeatist mentality of I can't do it. I know this may not be for all the girls, but most of the girls see themselves as competitively disadvantaged.

They must put behind that in untoward vulnerability that tends to put them totally under the control of elements within their habitat. This I say, should not take away their celebrated humanity and emotional fluidness for that is womanly.

They must learn to sponsor themselves and support each other.

They need to be bold enough to stand for what they believe in. They should be able to toe the paths of the Akunyili's the Iweala's and all other amazing women who represent quality around the world.

They need to take a chance and not wait for one. In this part of the world, people do not give you a chance, you just take it.

This is not about gender equality or inequality, it is about them, giving themselves voices in our society while maintaining their understanding of the providential positioning of the male folks in their lives.

The women are amazing people. They became women after being girls.

With them, the world is safest, the world experiences love.

They are strong and resilient. Therefore should be protected and encouraged; motivated and not ABUSED, PROVIDED for not harassed, supported and not intimidated.

They should stand up for themselves. As the men stand for them.

I am Daniel Nwankwo (D'Godboy) give the girl child a fair chance!

(1) (Reply)

Giftalworld sign up ; Earn up to #50,000 weekly / Must Read: How Blue Light Emission From Phones And Computers Affects Long-life / University Of Lagos (UNILAG) Inter/intra Faculty Transfer Form For 2019/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.