Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? (1288 Views)

A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) / Is Evolution An Accidental Event Or A Predetermined Event? / Could This Be A Spiritual Attack Or A Medical Condition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by donstan18: 11:25pm On Oct 12, 2019
Is dreaming a spiritual event we should be worried about or a natural occurrance we should overlook?

Mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by malvisguy212: 12:36am On Oct 13, 2019
Dreams come from God and some come from our heart.

FROM GOD:
Elihu speaks of it:
Job 33:14-18, "For God may speak in one way, or in another, yet man does not perceive it. IN A DREAM, IN A VISION OF THE NIGHT, when DEEP SLEEP falls upon men , while slumbering on their beds, then HE OPENS THE EARS OF MEN, and seals their instruction. In order to turn man from his deed, and conceal pride from man, He Keeps back his soul from the Pit, and his life from perishing by the sword."

Here, Elihu speaks of the work of God upon men in their sleep (in their night visions). It is a way in which the Lord speaks to men in their dreams in an effort to turn them away from evil.

Job 33:14-16, "then He opens the ears of men, and seals their instruction."

Why?

Job 33:17, "In order to turn man from his deed . ... .."

FROM OUR HEART.
In Jeremiah 23:16, the Lord says, "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you. They make you worthless; THEY SPEAK A VISION OF THEIR OWN HEART."

What was he speaking of ? Jeremiah 23:25 explains further:

"I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in My name, saying, I have
DREAMED, I have DREAMED !"

Their dreams were the "deceit of their own heart" (Jeremiah 23:26). These false prophet's dreams were coming from their own deceitful hearts. Note further:

Isaiah 29:7-8, "The multitude of all the nations who fight against Ariel, even all who fight against her and her fortress, and distress her, shall be as a DREAM of a night vision. It shall even be as when a hungry man dreams, and look - he eats; but he awakes, and his soul is still empty; or as when a thirsty man dreams,
and look - he drinks; but he awakes, and indeed he is faint, and his soul still craves: so the multitude of all the nations shall be, who fight against Mount
Zion."

As illustrated above, a hungry man or a thirsty man, because he is hungry or thirsty, has it in his heart to dream about food or drink. His dreams come from his desires (from his heart).

In Daniel 4:5, Nebuchadnezzar calls the dream he received from God, "thoughts on my bed" . This is simply what a dream is , thoughts in your mind while you sleep. They may be from God, or maybe simply from your own heart.

Being that Jeremiah 17:9 is true, men will have evil dreams. And, just as Jesus said that evil thoughts come from the heart of man (Matthew 15:19; Mark 7:21), so do evil dreams come from the heart of man. They are evil thoughts in his sleep.

Don't get caught up in dreams. Get caught up in fearing God, and loving Him, and your sleep will be sweet. Ecclesiastes 5:7, "For in the multitude of
dreams and many words there is also vanity. But fear God."

2 Likes

Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by SKYloafFISH(f): 12:56am On Oct 13, 2019
Good morning @ malvisguy212 I believe the question is straight forward.
For me, dream is a natural occurrence but can be used as a means of divine communication.
Divine communication is not limited to any religion. Divine also covers the aspects of both pure and impure spiritual essence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by BetterChurch: 1:14am On Oct 13, 2019
It is the nature of immortal Soul to dream; which is Soul's activities in the other worlds.
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 13, 2019
Matthew 1:20-25 (KJV)

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Matthew 2:12-14, 19-21 (KJV)

12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,
20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.
21 And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel.

These are given just to illustrate the crucial role dreams played during the process of the fulfilment of the prophecy concerning the coming of Christ.

God bless.
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by Ola17: 5:43am On Oct 13, 2019
BetterChurch:
It is the nature of immortal Soul to dream; which is Soul's activities in the other worlds.

Research has proven that animals like dogs do dream dreams.

Does it mean that dogs have souls?

4 Likes

Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by donstan18: 6:22am On Oct 13, 2019
Ola17:

Research really did?
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by Ola17: 6:54am On Oct 13, 2019
donstan18:

Research really did?

Dream occurs during the REM stage of sleep. REM has been observed in some mammals like dog.

Yes.

3 Likes

Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by RandomGuy48: 7:02am On Oct 13, 2019
I believe that while dreams may be a spiritual event in a few circumstances, they normally are just a natural occurrence.
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by malvisguy212: 7:58am On Oct 13, 2019
SKYloafFISH:
For me, dream is a natural occurrence but can be used as a means of divine communication.
Divine communication is not limited to any religion. Divine also covers the aspects of both pure and impure spiritual essence
morning mam. we almost say the same thing. hey, we can even control what we do in out dream.
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by orisa37: 10:28am On Oct 13, 2019
Nature's a Spirit.
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by BetterChurch: 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
Ola17:

Yes, they have. But a better way of saying it is that Animals are Soul too. And we are Soul as well. See www.AnimalsAreSoul.blog
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by Emusan(m): 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
donstan18:
Is dreaming a spiritual event we should be worried about or a natural occurrance we should overlook?

Let me share this my true story with you then you can conclude for yourself.

During my service in cross-river state, on that faithful day, I had a dream. Behold in reality, it was Saturday/Sunday but in the dream it was Friday/Saturday.

So in my dream, I saw two villages fighting and everywhere was rowdy and killings everywhere. I saw Corpers running for their lives but to my greatest surprises, I heard the villagers making a vow that they'll ensure nothing will happen to any corps members in their village.

While still in the dream, I woke and I narrated everything to my colleagues and we were all afraid, I then round it up that "if this dream is true, let our pastor confirmed it on Sunday"

After this, I woke up to life behold it was around 4-5am on Sunday morning.

I called of one of my colleagues and I told her, she was frightened too....

To cut the long story short, we headed for service, on getting to church, we had normal service and everything went well and we share the grace...

But something so amazing happened shortly, what was that?

I just heard pastor telling everybody to come back that nobody should go, people who are already outside or even on their way came back and the pastor began to say....

"Please something escapes my mind which we need to pray seriously about, I had a dream tonight three times, the dream first came, I pray and slept and the same dream came again second time, same thing also happens the third time."

He said "please we need to pray for a fight that will happen between two villages to the extent that people will die and especially our corps members"

My brother I was dumbfounded, honestly I couldn't pray much as the whole thing was just ringing through my mind....i was like God you're soo marvelous.

Lo and behold, it's not up to two weeks, when a fight broke out between two villages in the border of Ebonyi state and Cross-river though not our own village but it's not that far from ours.

If you listen to news towards ending of 2012, you we hear about it, many people were killed but no single corps member was affected and the corps members shared their testimonies how the villagers helped them to escape and NYSC had to redeployed all the corps members from that village. In fact, one of the Corper stays with us for almost a month before she could get another PPA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by malvisguy212: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
Emusan:

Let me share this my true story with you then you can conclude for yourself.

During my service in cross-river state, on that faithful day, I had a dream. Behold in reality, it was Saturday/Sunday but in the dream it was Friday/Saturday.

So in my dream, I saw two villages fighting and everywhere was rowdy and killings everywhere. I saw Corpers running for their lives but to my greatest surprises, I heard the villagers making a vow that they'll ensure nothing will happen to any corps members in their village.

While still in the dream, I woke and I narrated everything to my colleagues and we were all afraid, I then round it up that "if this dream is true, let our pastor confirmed it on Sunday"

After this, I woke up to life behold it was around 4-5am on Sunday morning.

I called of one of my colleagues and I told her, she was frightened too....

To cut the long story short, we headed for service, on getting to church, we had normal service and everything went well and we share the grace...

But something so amazing happened shortly, what was that?

I just heard pastor telling everybody to come back that nobody should go, people who are already outside or even on their way came back and the pastor began to say....

"Please something escapes my mind which we need to pray seriously about, I had a dream tonight three times, the dream first came, I pray and slept and the same dream came again second time, same thing also happens the third time."

He said "please we need to pray for a fight that will happen between two villages to the extent that people will die and especially our corps members"

My brother I was dumbfounded, honestly I couldn't pray much as the whole thing was just ringing through my mind....i was like God you're soo marvelous.

Lo and behold, it's not up to two weeks, when a fight broke out between two villages in the border of Ebonyi state and Cross-river though not our own village but it's not that far from ours.

If you listen to news towards ending of 2012, you we hear about it, many people were killed but no single corps member was affected and the corps members shared their testimonies how the villagers helped them to escape and NYSC had to redeployed all the corps members from that village. In fact, one of the Corper stays with us for almost a month before she could get another PPA.
God bless you for sharing. God is Good.

1 Like

Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by BOFREJO(m): 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
donstan18:

the bible prophesied abt it
JOEL 2 : 28, ACT 2 : 17
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by Emusan(m): 7:30am On Oct 14, 2019
malvisguy212:
God bless you for sharing. God is Good.

Amen!

May God continue to be praised
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by donstan18: 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2019

Please grace the thread with more audience.
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by Ola17: 12:06am On Oct 20, 2019
BetterChurch:

Yes, they have. But a better way of saying it is that Animals are Soul too. And we are Soul as well. See www.AnimalsAreSoul.blog

This is hard to believe.
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by Acidosis(m): 2:04am On Oct 20, 2019
Dream is a natural occurrence that can be utilized by spiritual powers (evil forces or Godly forces).

I Corinthians 15:46.

"The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual."

1 Like

Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 20, 2019
donstan18:

Today, it is a natural occurrence you should ignore.

1 Like

Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by BetterChurch: 7:08pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ola17:

This is hard to believe.

We must learn to respect other souls in form; not only humans.
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by orisa37: 7:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
Dreaming is a Gift from God and so spiritual.
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by MJBOLT: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
there is nothing spiritual about dreams,people love to attach spirituality/the supernatural to anything they cannot explain.

1 Like

Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by alimohammedibn(m): 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
SKYloafFISH:

1 Like

Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by NextD18: 6:18am On Apr 05, 2020
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Morning o!

I'll love to learn from this thread honestly. smiley
Re: Is Dreaming A Spiritual Event Or A Natural Occurrance? by Omar09(m): 7:51am On Apr 05, 2020
Let me kuku book space. Fp material.

The guy above me money sir!

(1) (Reply)

Paster EA Adeboye LAUGHS At TB Joshua Over Coronavirus Prophecy & Adeola Fayehun / Arise! Sermon And Prayer Points / Pastor: Confirms That Pastor O Odukoya Is In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.