Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

How Can Salvation Be Lost? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Salvation Be Lost? (410 Views)

Salvation Ministries Private Jet Was Photoshopped - Facebook User / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet / How I Got Born Again(salvation Experiences) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Salvation Be Lost? by JJOF(m): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
I already have my own opinion about this topic, but 'would like to hear your own opinion. How can a believer lose his salvation?
Re: How Can Salvation Be Lost? by malvisguy212: 9:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
A true believer is safe and secure in Christ JESUS , but The problem is that some believers are not familiar with the statements and promises of God concerning their absolute security in Christ . The true believer is safe and secure in Christ forever because it is impossible for a true believer to become "UN-SAVED."

If a believer sins, then Christ will cast him out ( John 6:37)one thing we know for sure a believer can NEVER be UNWASHED, UNSANCTIFIED , UNJUSTIFIED AND UNREDEEMED. For a person to lose his salvation he would have to become UNWASHED, UNSANCTIFIED, UNJUSTIFIED and UNREDEEMED! Is this possible? will God undo the GOOD WORK He begins in a person or He brings it to it's climate completion?
Re: How Can Salvation Be Lost? by JJOF(m): 7:02am On Oct 16, 2019
malvisguy212:
A true believer is safe and secure in Christ JESUS , but The problem is that some believers are not familiar with the statements and promises of God concerning their absolute security in Christ . The true believer is safe and secure in Christ forever because it is impossible for a true believer to become "UN-SAVED."

If a believer sins, then Christ will cast him out ( John 6:37) one thing we know for sure a believer can NEVER be UNWASHED, UNSANCTIFIED , UNJUSTIFIED AND UNREDEEMED. For a person to lose his salvation he would have to become UNWASHED, UNSANCTIFIED, UNJUSTIFIED and UNREDEEMED! Is this possible? will God undo the GOOD WORK He begins in a person or He brings it to it's climate completion?
I think something is missing in the bolded line. So you're saying it's not possible to loose your salvation once you've laid hold of it. Does this claim still holds if a saved person, for reasons best known to him choose to live a perpetual life style of sin, even though he doesn't have the nature of sin?
Re: How Can Salvation Be Lost? by malvisguy212: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2019
JJOF:

I think something is missing in the bolded line. So you're saying it's not possible to loose your salvation once you've laid hold of it. Does this claim still holds if a saved person, for reasons best known to him choose to live a perpetual life style of sin, even though he doesn't have the nature of sin?
a believer can loss his salvation:

Mark 4:16 (Luke 8:13), "And in a similar way
these are the ones on whom seed was sown on
the rocky places, who, when they hear the word,
immediately RECEIVED IT WITH JOY ; ( THEY
BELIEVE FOR A WHILE ) and they have no firm
root in themselves, but are only temporary; then, when
affliction or persecution arises because of the
word, immediately they FALL AWAY"

Hebrews 6:4-6, "For in the case of THOSE WHO
HAVE ONCE BEEN ENLIGHTENED AND HAVE
TESTED OF THE HEAVENLY GIFT AND HAVE
BEEN MADE PARTAKES OF THE HOLY
SPIRIT,and have tasted the good Word of God
and the powers of the age to come,
and then have FALLEN AWAY, it is impossible to
renew them again to repentance, since they
again crucify to themselves the Son of God, and
put Him to open shame."
Re: How Can Salvation Be Lost? by JJOF(m): 7:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
malvisguy212:
a believer can loss his salvation:

Mark 4:16 (Luke 8:13), "And in a similar way
these are the ones on whom seed was sown on
the rocky places, who, when they hear the word,
immediately RECEIVED IT WITH JOY ; ( THEY
BELIEVE FOR A WHILE ) and they have no firm
root in themselves, but are only temporary; then, when
affliction or persecution arises because of the
word, immediately they FALL AWAY"

Hebrews 6:4-6, "For in the case of THOSE WHO
HAVE ONCE BEEN ENLIGHTENED AND HAVE
TESTED OF THE HEAVENLY GIFT AND HAVE
BEEN MADE PARTAKES OF THE HOLY
SPIRIT,and have tasted the good Word of God
and the powers of the age to come,
and then have FALLEN AWAY, it is impossible to
renew them again to repentance, since they
again crucify to themselves the Son of God, and
put Him to open shame."
I clearly understand you now. Thanks for your write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can Salvation Be Lost? by Kobojunkie: 12:48am On Dec 07, 2023
JJOF:
■ I already have my own opinion about this topic, but 'would like to hear your own opinion. How can a believer lose his salvation?
It is impossible for a person who has been born-again— gained access into the Kingdom of God— to become unborn again. However, being born-again(first salvation) does not offer anyone a guarantee of Heaven at the end as only those who stand faithful until the end will be saved(second salvation) - Matthew 24 vs 12-13 & Mark 13 vs 13. undecided

That said, over 99.99999...% of Christians are not born-again. They do not have the basic Scriptural understanding of what Jesus Christ taught of what it means to be born-again, nor have they ever submitted to the experience that is being born of Water AND born of Spirit as described by Jesus Christ. undecided

(1) (Reply)

State Of The Nation: Apostle Johnson Suleiman Defend President Buhari / Online Astrologers In India / Dreams, Visions And Revelations (the 3 Keys To Unlock LIFE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.