Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw (7067 Views)

IK Ogbonna On His Engagement And Pregnant Bride– ‘why I’m Marrying Sonia Morales / Charly Boy: “Why I’m A Buddhist & Take My Siesta Inside A Coffin” - Pics / ‘My Mom Wonders Why I’m Still Single At 38′ – Nonso Diobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by AloyEmeka5: 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2010
[size=14pt]Why I’m ageless–Kate Henshaw[/size]
By Samuel Olatunji
Sunday, November 07, 2010

At the height she has attained, she is a bundle of humility. She’s not given to riotous living which is the lot of many of her ilk who couldn’t handle stardom. She’s married to a husband who practically dotes on her notwithstanding the fact that they come from different parts of the world. Kate Henshaw is a consummate actress who has won the hearts of many with her masterful mien.

Due to her busy lifestyle, Kate misses her peers who also are responsible and busy people. Stardom hasn’t gotten into her head and reciprocating her husband’s disposition, she cares a lot about her family.In this interview with Samuel Olatunji she sheds some light on how she won the Globacom deal, why she may reject scripts and how successful she has been in the last 17 years. Excerpts:

Everybody is getting older, but you seem to be getting younger
Someone said my own is akin to The curious case of Benjamin Burton. I don’t know if you watched that film. He was aging backwards. He started-off as an old man and as he was getting older, he was getting younger .That’s what someone told me, but I don’t believe it. You people are just pulling my legs.

Kate Henshaw

It’s the truth
I don’t know, it’s God.
What’s the secret
I work out and I do a lot of hard work. When I can, I do my exercises, I do my facials, everything I can do to relax my body. This work, especially the stage is hard work. It’s really hard work.

But did you have to memorize all those lines?
Yes! This is not film o. The whole book, each character has to know when to come in. You learn all your lines because it’s live. There is no cut, no join join, no anything each cue is affecting the next person. The stage is hard work and for me, it’s the true test. If you say you are an actor, come and do stage.

Why do you have to do all that when you have the television?
I think I’m sort of a bit saturated with film making. I am not saying that I am tired but there isn’t anything new for me. For seventeen years, I have gone through the whole thing. I want to do something else, something more challenging, something that will really take a whole lot of me. Something that is not lazy, so stage for me, is it. I used to admire those who do the stage , but being in it fully now, I truly appreciate stage actors, truly.

Last week, I learnt you were in Ghana, is that true?
Yes! Oh my goodness! Week before, we left for Ghana to stage the V vs Tarzan monologue, which had been running since the first week of September. It just ended on the 31st of October. We went to Ghana on the 22nd, performed on the 23rd, came back on the 24th. . So ultimately we did four shows in two days, we finished the last show on the 31st of October. It was fantastic. We performed for eight weeks and every Sunday we were on stage.

So what is driving Kate towards the stage now?
The challenge. Not the money, there is no money on stage. If you talk to anybody, they will tell you the stage doesn’t pay. The rehearsals take a lot of work and time. I have come to that stage where, I am not saying I have a lot of money and I’m not saying I don’t want more money, I do but I want to do good work. I want to do something meaty, something much more challenging, something that will challenge the whole of me. I don’t want to get to that stage where I will say o I have done everything.

No, there is always something new in the art world especially for actors, there is always something new. You couldn’t have done everything. You cannot afford to be complacent, you have to always reinvent yourself. Learn something new, to charge yourself up, and take yourself to the next level. Surprise people. “Oh you can do this?” Like I did a Yoruba film, I want to be able to say that I have done a lot of things not just films.

Let’s talk about Eti Keta, why did you do it when you can barely speak the language?
Did you watch it? I can speak Yoruba a little and of course if I can’t speak, they will teach me. I mean I want to learn. I want to be able to speak French, speak German. I mean Hollywood actors that do films, like the Americans, they do British films and learn the accent. Something to challenge me; show me something new, and people will say oh, you think you are good, because you have done this? And they throw more at me, I want to try, I want to do it. That’s why.

So how was Eti Keta on set?
Splendid. Everyone was fantastic. Aunty Bukki Ajayi was on set with us and Saheed (Balogun) the producer was fantastic. He’s quite good. Everyone on the set was lovely. They didn’t treat me anyhow. Saheed treated me specially, but when I got on set I put myself on the scene with everyone, because I didn’t want a situation where they will say, “this Nollywood actor, she has come again let’s see what she is going to do. If you come with that attitude, you’ll not get any help especially when you don’t really speak the language 100%. You need help. Everyone needs help. I’m not too big, they are not too small. We are all the same.

What’s the title of this play you are acting?
It’s Ahmed Yerima’s Little drops and it’s about Niger Delta militants, government, , oil workers, people that lost their lives, innocent women and children, rape and everything that happened as a result of war and conflict in their region.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showpiece/2010/nov/07/showpiece-07-11-2010-005.htm
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Dsense(m): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2010
She's so pretty.
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Coolabbie: 10:37pm On Nov 07, 2010
Great actress.
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by AloyEmeka5: 11:04pm On Nov 07, 2010
Yes, sh eis pretty but she needs to see a dentist to fix that her corn-teeth tho.
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Dsense(m): 11:10pm On Nov 07, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Yes, sh eis pretty but she needs to see a dentist to fix that her corn-teeth tho.
That's one of ma Fav in her. cheesy
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by hackney(m): 5:49am On Nov 08, 2010
So much class. . . Luv her 2 bits.
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by mafolayomi(f): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2010
smiley smiley smiley, kate o kate. kiss
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 08, 2010
Lovely lady. A very good actress.
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Nakele(f): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2010
good luck gene's best friend
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Kunbee: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2010
she try
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 09, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Yes, she is pretty but she needs to see a dentist to fix that her corn-teeth tho.
She is pretty; and sometimes Aloy, things don't need to be fixed. As human beings, we can live with one or two imperfections. We are not always expected to be perfect, or are you saying you have a perfect face and a perfectly chiselled body?

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by semid4lyfe(m): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2010
Kate Henshaw-Nutall is actually more beautiful and a better actress than Omotola and Genevieve.
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by naso2(m): 4:02pm On Nov 09, 2010
she don born pikin? how many children? so that i go fit relate her case to omotola own well, well.
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by adagz01(m): 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2010
Argument won start now
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Hardballer(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Kate Henshaw-Nutall is actually more beautiful and a better actress than Omotola and Genevieve.
c'mon son
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by triistar86: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2010
Good Girl:

She is pretty; and sometimes Aloy, things don't need to be fixed. As human beings, we can live with one or two imperfections. We are not always expected to be perfect, or are you saying you have a perfect face and a perfectly chiselled body?

I wonder o. . . .  Must we fix every flaw on our body to satisfy people or what? Damn. . . .  We are so easily carried away and influenced by the western world! I am sure if Stella Obasanjo (R.I.P) had decided at her not too big tommy considering her age remain in its place today she prolly would still be alive today enjoying Nigerian lootwink
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by iaabc(f): 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2010
She is really beautiful and she usually comes across as nice, humble and approachable.
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Hardballer:

c'mon son
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by sayso: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2010
which one be ageless again?with that kind teeth and eyes?abegi
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2010
sayso:

which one be ageless again?with that kind teeth and eyes?abegi
Do not even start making fun of her, she is pretty tongue Where is your own pic?
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by africhika(f): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2010
she's classy. cultured. and down-to-earth.
happily married, while her mates are keeping their legs open in the name of 'fun'
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by obyann(f): 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2010
NLers, anyways we either agree or disagree. She's one of the people God created on a Sunday cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by bawomolo(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2010
obyann:

NLers, anyways we either agree or disagree. She's one of the people God created on a Sunday cheesy cheesy cheesy

you's a liar, god take a nap on sundays  cheesy
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by buzugee(m): 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2010
who is she ? more pics ? how old is she ?
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by buzugee(m): 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2010
she aiitttt. just seen her pic   http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1C1SKPC_enUS333US333&q=kate+henshaw&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1400&bih=955

and what the hell does she mean she is ageless ? she is 40, thats how she is supposed to look at 40. people who look like iya apati at 40 are aberrations. people at 40 should still have youth on their face. unless of course they are living a very bad life.
look at will smith, ll cool j, ice cube, shemar moore, boris kodjoe, bill bellamy, chris tucker, DL hughely, etc. they are all over 40. they still look youthful and young. thats the norm. otherwise is an aberration.
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Esiere: 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2010
She is pretty though too tall 4 my taste
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Esiere: 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2010
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by sexxxxy(f): 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2010
buzugee:

she aiitttt. just seen her pic   http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1C1SKPC_enUS333US333&q=kate+henshaw&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1400&bih=955

and what the hell does she mean she is ageless ? she is 40, thats how she is supposed to look at 40. people who look like iya apati at 40 are aberrations. people at 40 should still have youth on their face. unless of course they are living a very bad life.
look at will smith, ll cool j, ice cube, shemar moore, boris kodjoe, bill bellamy, chris tucker, DL hughely,  etc. they are all over 40. they still look youthful and young. thats the norm. otherwise is an aberration.

There's no woman on that list now ,put a woman n lets see,(apart from halle Berry,who is on a league of her own)
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by Esiere: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2010
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by buzugee(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
sexxxxy:

There's no woman on that list now ,put a woman n lets see,(apart from halle Berry,who is on a league of her own)
ok let me start with stacey dash http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1C1SKPC_enUS333US333&q=stacey+dash&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1400&bih=955 she is 45 years old
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by buzugee(m): 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2010
Re: Why I’m Ageless–kate Henshaw by buzugee(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Deported From Saudi Arabia For Being Too Handsome. / WIZKID caught Unclad with his Producer in Studio. What were they doing? / See The House Of America’s Richest Athlete – Floyd Mayweather!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.