Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,193 members, 7,860,273 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. (475 Views)

A Top Secret Clearly Depicted In The Bible But Unknown To Many Christians / Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Kenyan Pastor Invites 'jesus' To Preach In Her Church,visits Her Family(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Christmasdon(m): 7:42am On Oct 14, 2019
Pentecostal churches are hypocrites. They criticise Catholics of not doing what is in the bible. but they allow their women to preach on the altar. when paul warn that no woman should preach in the church of Christ.
1 Timothy 2:11-15 . They think they have senses. but hell no. Who is decieving who. They criticise the catholics who wrote the bible and give them. Ignorance is a disease.

edited part 1 Timothy 2:11-15
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by FatherBona: 8:04am On Oct 14, 2019
Why twisting the scriptures to satisfy your Distorted beliefs.
Drop that passage you just quoted from St Paul and explain how it matches or defends your bull.shit theory.
I'm Catholic too FYI, spent my last years devoted to teachings and learning of the scripture just for my own amusements so you better come up with a sound explanation of your post.

People will just wake up one morning to propagate falsehood and lies.
Who is more ignorant!

2 Likes

Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 14, 2019
Yes it is in the Bible, but it was apostle Paul that taught that, not Jesus. So it's understandable why they yet do so, even though it is goes contrary to that teaching of Paul in the Bible.
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 14, 2019
Christmasdon:
Pentecostal churches are hypocrites. They criticise Catholics of not doing what is in the bible. but they allow their women to preach on the altar. when paul warn that no woman should preach in the church of Christ.
2 Timothy 2:11-15 . They think they have senses. but hell no. Who is decieving who. They criticise the catholics who wrote the bible and give them. Ignorance is a disease.

Let’s not interprete the Bible text out of the context it was being used.... Paul never said women shouldn’t teach or preach in church..he never said so...
understand the context..Paul was addressing the humility of married women in the Corinthian church he went further to say they should ask their husbands question at home instead of causing unnecessary issues in church....:what about women don’t dont have husbands, who should they ask
The Bible is clear.. the same Paul said in Gal 3v28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus...
any one can be a teacher of the word.. Paul mentioned so many women in the book of acts doing such and advancing the gospel..was he contradicting himself in Corinthians...no!!!
it is us thats interpreting out of the context where it was mentioned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 14, 2019
Christmasdon:
2 Timothy 2:11-15 . They think they have senses. but hell no. Who is decieving who. They criticise the catholics who wrote the bible and give them. Ignorance is a disease.

Catholics wrote the Bible ?? How ??
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Dollarseeker: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2019
Christmasdon
No you got it wrong...its a wrong interpretation by u. the Catholic church permits women to preach from the alter of God and even go as far as allowing Rev sis to sa mass...except the Eucharistic part which is meant for a priest/bishop.
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Christmasdon(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2019
FatherBona:
Why twisting the scriptures to satisfy your Distorted beliefs.
Drop that passage you just quoted from St Paul and explain how it matches or defends your bull.shit theory.
I'm Catholic too FYI, spent my last years devoted to teachings and learning of the scripture just for my own amusements so you better come up with a sound explanation of your post.

People will just wake up one morning to propagate falsehood and lies.
Who is more ignorant!
.no you ain't a catholic, if you are you would have gotten my message . These pentecostal churches think they do exactly what is written in the bible. what of paul who said women should not preach in church and had better remain silence. but they refused that which is in the bible . and allow women carry out pulpit duty(s). which is against the bible.
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by FatherBona: 10:35am On Oct 14, 2019
Christmasdon:
.no you ain't a catholic, if you are you would have gotten my message . These pentecostal churches think they do exactly what is written in the bible. [s]what of paul who said women should not preach in church and had better remain silence.[/s] but they refused that which is in the bible . and allow women carry out pulpit duty(s). which is against the bible.
Where did Paul say it, drop the complete passage here.
I'm done talking to you, you religious fanatics are some jobless set of people, believing in something you can't prove, while twisting the biblical passages to suit your selfish interests.
Find something to do bro, go get yourself laid or something. Stop exposing your foolery to the entire world. what's your point or aim of creating this thread, sparking a religious debate between Catholics and Pentecostals?
Baba go find work abeg.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by DownChelsea(f): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Catholics wrote the Bible ?? How ??
use the formula. The bible is older than denomination. Catholicism (universal christianity) is older than denomination as well. Writing, editing, compilation and every other thing involved in putting up the bible must have been done by people who practiced Christianity in its universal/non-divided state.
Hence, why present Catholics tend to have the best understanding of the bible.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
DownChelsea:
use the formula. The bible is older than denomination. Catholicism (universal christianity) is older than denomination as well. Writing, editing, compilation and every other thing involved in putting up the bible must have been done by people who practiced Christianity in its universal/non-divided state.
Hence, why present Catholics tend to have the best understanding of the bible.

I don’t understand you...u are just juxtaposing unrelated informations together in fallacy......

I don’t even know what u mean by they have better understanding of the Bible...
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by DownChelsea(f): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
1StopRudeness:

I don’t understand you...u are just juxtaposing unrelated informations together in fallacy......

I spoke in English. Clear English!
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Christmasdon(m): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2019
1StopRudeness:

. Are u a kid? She meant that catholic church gave birth to other churches. Very simple.
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2019
Christmasdon:
. Are u a kid? She meant that catholic church gave birth to other churches. Very simple.

Where do u get all these fallacy impaired statements from..??.the Catholic Church wasn’t even a church to begin with....u guys rolled out of the oppressive Roman Empire shortly after the defeat of Alexander the Great as a political tool ushered in by emperor Constantine..u championed the dark ages via the crusaders
One now said Catholics wrote bible and have better understanding , you too now said catholic birthed other churches.
U guys should go and see than some where with ur religious-supremacy mentality
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Christmasdon(m): 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2019
FatherBona:

Where did Paul say it, drop the complete passage here.
I'm done talking to you, you religious fanatics are some jobless set of people, believing in something you can't prove, while twisting the biblical passages to suit your selfish interests.
Find something to do bro, go get yourself laid or something. Stop exposing your foolery to the entire world. what's your point or aim of creating this thread, sparking a religious debate between Catholics and Pentecostals?
Baba go find work abeg.
. You said you teach and have maybe good understanding of the bible. but yet i tell you .you don't read your bible.because if you do .you wouldn't have come here displaying your zero learning prowess, along the line someone mentioned it saying it is in the bible. And you failed in that bid to repositioning yaself.. claiming to read the bible you know nothing about.
I permit you to go read
1 TIMOTHY 2:11-15
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by DownChelsea(f): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
This thread is seemingly useless if people want to keep lying to themselves.
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by RandomGuy48: 9:32pm On Oct 14, 2019
Dollarseeker:
Christmasdon
No you got it wrong...its a wrong interpretation by u. the Catholic church permits women to preach from the alter of God and even go as far as allowing Rev sis to sa mass...except the Eucharistic part which is meant for a priest/bishop.
Eh? The Catholic Church doesn't allow women to preach the homily/sermon during mass, that is only allowed for the Priest or Deacon, both of which are male-only offices. Now, women do sometimes perform the reading of the biblical passages, or leading the congregation in a song, but that hardly qualifies as "preaching" in my opinion.

Unless you're referring to them doing so outside of the mass itself, but that's a whole different thing.
Re: Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach. by Dollarseeker: 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
RandomGuy48:
Eh? The Catholic Church doesn't allow women to preach the homily/sermon during mass, that is only allowed for the Priest or Deacon, both of which are male-only offices. Now, women do sometimes perform the reading of the biblical passages, or leading the congregation in a song, but that hardly qualifies as "preaching" in my opinion.

Unless you're referring to them doing so outside of the mass itself, but that's a whole different thing.
Remember I said except the Eucharistic part, meaning its not actually a mass but you can call it service or whatever....if a priest is not around, a seminarian, deacon or rev sis if around, can step up but would skip the Eucharistic part but they can read the readings of the bible for the Sunday and preach to the congregation. The focus here is if women can preach from the alter, yes they can. are u Catholic?...step into the Catholic church and enquire on days u can meet the priest...then find time, meet him and ask questions. The priest of the Lord is ur friend and God is ur friend... welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Who Married Three Men At The Same Time, Refuses To Have Sex Them, See Why / I Joined Islam Because They Don’t Pay Unnecessary Offering And Tithes / Esoteric Knowledge Search For This Books And Be Enlightened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.