Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1337053 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ElimosCEO: 9:05am On Mar 22, 2020
ednut1:
oya watch this video. Other causes
Not stating over 30 hours in work experience
Noc C or D
Wrong proof of funds

Didn’t get the video
I stated 40 hours in the work experience
POF 13,000 Canadian Dollar
I don’t understand the NOC C or D
Didn’t remember noticing anything of such
Help me out sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 9:06am On Mar 22, 2020
ElimosCEO:

Didn’t get the video
I stated 40 hours in the work experience
POF 13,000 Canadian Dollar
I don’t understand the NOC C or D
Didn’t remember noticing anything of such
Help me out sir
what is your occupation code?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG4X2yt0PtE

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thetherapist: 9:11am On Mar 22, 2020
Good day. Please for applicants post ITA and any other member that can give suggestion on this should please help.

My friend is about getting in to the pool but there is a challenge. Her international passport is in her maiden name (it's not going to expire till 2022). She applied for a new one in her married name and already captured ( but passport is not ready due to scarcity of booklet where she captured)

1. Do you advise she gets into the EE pool with her maiden name. Would she be able to change this post ITA. (date on marriage certificate and other proofs of legal name change would be pre submission of EE profile) hope it won't raise a red flag post ITA

2. Or she go ahead with her married name (issue with this is date of issue and expiration of passport) since the one available is in her maiden name.

3. She has a good score and is concern with tie breaking rule. So she wants to create a profile as soon as possible. Instead, she would have opted out to waiting for the new passport in married name which seems not forthcoming.

I am pre ITA, so i don't know what post ITA forms look like to give the necessary advice and i don't want to misguide her. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ElimosCEO: 9:13am On Mar 22, 2020
ednut1:
what is your occupation code?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG4X2yt0PtE

2254. Land Survey technologist

Am a land Surveyor by profession
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hydra1(m): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2020
ednut1:
CAD is also failing. So translate you pof using cad to naira rate.
If the money was in your account 6 months ago no one will ask for source. Convert to dollars and provide trail/explanation it was converted from the naira funds shikena
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NStar: 9:51am On Mar 22, 2020
[quote author=ladymarshall post=86691187]Hello, you should be worried. Please don’t claim points for professional degree if WES evaluates it as Bachelors (if you know you won’t do IQAS later before your application decision is over). There is a reason why WES and other evaluating bodies are required by CIC. It’s to help the VO’s decision. VO would rather follow the evaluation of these bodies than your explanation in LOE for the purpose of objectivity. If you evaluated your law degree with WES, claim the points equivalent to your evaluation to avoid issues. I personally have not seen anyone who used WES for evaluation and claimed professional degree for crs points yet got PPR without updating the application with IQAS afterwards.

My advice would be if you know you would submit your application after the end of May, claim points for professional degree, send your degree to IQAS for evaluation by May. Post-AOR after your IQAS evaluation is out, raise CSE and update your application with it. That was what @Romstar1 did and got PPR. Gaming maybe, but it worked. https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/194#84789156

NOC and degree evaluation are not related.

[Hello beautiful family.

I just need help. I have been on nairaland since last year but still do not understand how to make posts or follow a trend�. The first time I tried posting I was banned, and that made me to only read without commenting.

I received ITA on 4th March and I have been busy gathering documents and filling my application as well. Unfortunately, I still can't direct my question to the right part and it is affecting me already.

Please someone should coach me. I need to follow this nairaland family with all my strength.

@ladymarshal, I tried sending you a mail but was restricted. Please I need help.]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NStar: 9:54am On Mar 22, 2020
Please I just need help. I have been on nairaland since last year but still do not understand how to make posts or follow a trend�. The first time I tried posting I was banned, and that made me to only read without commenting.

I received ITA on 4th March and I have been busy gathering documents and filling my application as well. Unfortunately, I still can't direct my question to the right part and it is affecting me already.

Please someone should coach me. I need to follow this nairaland family with all my strength.

@ladymarshal, I tried sending you a mail but was restricted. Please I need help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Akby(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm a bit late to the party. I started reading the thread from page 1 (amazing information I must say) and it's really helpful. Good job guys!

I just computed my CRS and I got 498. I guess that's a very good score above the 440 par. My only concern is the N3.5 million. I can afford every other payment but this BIG amount is scary. Please who knows how I can scale through this hurdle?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Saskbound: 11:17am On Mar 22, 2020
Hello I am not @ladymarshal, but I may be able to guide you, if I don’t have the answer.

NStar:
Please I just need help. I have been on nairaland since last year but still do not understand how to make posts or follow a trend�. The first time I tried posting I was banned, and that made me to only read without commenting.

@ladymarshal, I tried sending you a mail but was restricted. Please I need help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 1blessing: 11:28am On Mar 22, 2020
Please how did you get the 498? May I know if you are far lesser than 30 years, with phd and siblings in canada or studied or worked in Canada. Sorry for this question cos I am not up to 400 points despite with masters.

Akby:
Hello everyone,

I'm a bit late to the party. I started reading the thread from page 1 (amazing information I must say) and it's really helpful. Good job guys!

I just computed my CRS and I got 498. I guess that's a very good score above the 440 par. My only concern is the N3.5 million. I can afford every other payment but this BIG amount is scary. Please who knows how I can scale through this hurdle?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 12:12pm On Mar 22, 2020
Akby:
Hello everyone,

Thank you
498 Only possible if you have masters, siblings in canada , french and english test. For the 3.5m like many they got it thought gift deed from family members
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thetherapist: 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
Thetherapist:
Good day. Please for applicants post ITA and any other member that can give suggestion on this should please help.

My friend is about getting in to the pool but there is a challenge. Her international passport is in her maiden name (it's not going to expire till 2022). She applied for a new one in her married name and already captured ( but passport is not ready due to scarcity of booklet where she captured)

1. Do you advise she gets into the EE pool with her maiden name. Would she be able to change this post ITA. (date on marriage certificate and other proofs of legal name change would be pre submission of EE profile) hope it won't raise a red flag post ITA

2. Or she go ahead with her married name (issue with this is date of issue and expiration of passport) since the one available is in her maiden name.

3. She has a good score and is concern with tie breaking rule. So she wants to create a profile as soon as possible. Instead, she would have opted out to waiting for the new passport in married name which seems not forthcoming.

I am pre ITA, so i don't know what post ITA forms look like to give the necessary advice and i don't want to misguide her. Thank you

Please i need suggestions on this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Akby(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2020
1blessing:
Please how did you get the 498? May I know if you are far lesser than 30 years, with phd and siblings in canada or studied or worked in Canada. Sorry for this question cos I am not up to 400 points despite with masters.

I have a Masters Degree
< 30
Sibling in Canada
Did not study nor work in Canada

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Akby(m): 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
ednut1:
498 Only possible if you have masters, siblings in canada , french and english test. For the 3.5m like many they got it thought gift deed from family members

You're correct but I don't have French test just English.

I saw the gift deed thingy but didn't really understand. I will check again. Thanks for the information
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tolam08(m): 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
I think I agree with you. You need to have a sibling in Canada or have additional language test to achieve that score of 498.
With my age less than 30, MSc and maxing IELTS (1st attempt: L 9, W 8, R 8, S 8 ), I couldn't move pass 481.
Allow me to introduce myself as a silent follower of this thread for a long period of time. I salute everyone who has been contributing to this forum, I really gained a lot. While I await the result of ECA, I am on 481 patiently waiting to dive into the pool.
Peace!
ednut1:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 12:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
Thetherapist:

Please i need suggestions on this
current passport is not expiring anytime soon carry on. There is no law that says a married woman must change name after marriage
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
Update!
I'm done with my BSC WES evaluation. It took a little above 2 months but not three months.
I've applied for my passport since last year, it's not out yet tho cos they keep saying no booklets.

I applied for BCS certification and did the exam last week, guys pls say a prayer for me regarding this smiley cant afford to rewrite any of the modules.

I have all the time to prepare for my IELTS, I'll keep waiting for the passport, and BCS takes like 8 to 10 weeks to release the result cheesy
All the best to me and others on this journey!
#itwillendinpraise

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thetherapist: 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
ednut1:
current passport is not expiring anytime soon carry on. There is no law that says a married woman must change name after marriage

@ednut1. Thank you. She already captured for a new passport in her married name and when the new passport is ready. The old passport in her maiden name automatically becomes invalid.
So can she just go ahead and create profile in her maiden name. Won't the change of name on her passport affect her post ITA?

For example, Adeleye in profile and passport pre ITA.
Post ITA passport and name now Babalola
Something like that.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
Thetherapist:

@ednut1. Thank you. She already captured for a new passport in her married name and when the new passport is ready. The old passport in her maiden name automatically becomes invalid.
So can she just go ahead and create profile in her maiden name. Won't the change of name on her passport affect her post ITA?

For example, Adeleye in profile and passport pre ITA.
Post ITA passport and name now Babalola
Something like that.
Thank you
no issues. Inform cic when its out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olalekan9320(m): 2:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
Akby:

I have a Masters Degree
< 30
Sibling in Canada
Did not study nor work in Canada

With more than 3 years experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thetherapist: 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
ednut1:
no issues. Inform cic when its out

Ok. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Estelle17: 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2020
Estelle17:
[/color][color=#000000]

Good day everyone,

Please can someone help me with the link for the February AOR WhatsApp group? Thanks

Please does anyone have the link?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ritskotixy: 3:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
please house kindly look into my case.
I am a graduate with no good working experience just NYSC and industrial trainee(1 year), but i run a business (tailoring) with vast experience.
I want to commence this journey. Please can i use my tailoring business experience?
I have already done ECA and ielts aswell.
Please advice me. thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gidobaba(m): 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2020
Good day comrades. I'm a seafarer and I want to get Canada PR through the Express entry program. I have written my IELTS and had L8.5 R8.5 S8.0 W7.5 making an 8.0 overall score. I have a B.Sc in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and I also have a Certificate of Competence called Class Two Electro-Technical Officer which enables me practise in that capacity in my profession as a seafarer.

I used the CRS calculator and was able to garner 441 points when using only my B.Sc but when I chose the masters/professional certification option I was above 480 points.

The painful thing is that WES said they do not evaluate professional certifications meaning I can't use it in my application.

I'm confused and don't know how to go about it. Is there any way I can go around this??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gifty28(f): 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2020
Pls how much is the BCS certification and how long does it take. You would definitely pass all amen.

I've applied for my passport since last year, it's not out yet tho cos they keep saying no booklets.

I applied for BCS certification and did the exam last week, guys pls say a prayer for me regarding this smiley cant afford to rewrite any of the modules.

I have all the time to prepare for my IELTS, I'll keep waiting for the passport, and BCS takes like 8 to 10 weeks to release the result cheesy
All the best to me and others on this journey!
#itwillendinpraise [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Akby(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
olalekan9320:

With more than 3 years experience

Approximately 3 years
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2020
ElimosCEO:

2254. Land Survey technologist

Am a land Surveyor by profession
Hope your primary NOC is up to one year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2020
ritskotixy:
please house kindly look into my case.
I am a graduate with no good working experience just NYSC and industrial trainee(1 year), but i run a business (tailoring) with vast experience.
I want to commence this journey. Please can i use my tailoring business experience?
I have already done ECA and ielts aswell.
Please advice me. thanks!

See here for requirements for the self employed (i.e. your tailoring business)

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/359#86521537

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
Gidobaba:
Good day comrades. I'm a seafarer and I want to get Canada PR through the Express entry program. I have written my IELTS and had L8.5 R8.5 S8.0 W7.5 making an 8.0 overall score. I have a B.Sc in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and I also have a Certificate of Competence called Class Two Electro-Technical Officer which enables me practise in that capacity in my profession as a seafarer.

I used the CRS calculator and was able to garner 441 points when using only my B.Sc but when I chose the masters/professional certification option I was above 480 points.

The painful thing is that WES said they do not evaluate professional certifications meaning I can't use it in my application.

I'm confused and don't know how to go about it. Is there any way I can go around this??

Simulate your CRS scores with 2 degrees instead of BSc or professional degree. If favorable, do a second degree, CIMA, BCS to get points as applicant with 2 degrees.

Pls use search bar for details.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gidobaba(m): 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2020
Mamaroon:

Simulate your CRS scores with 2 degrees instead of BSc or professional degree. If favorable, do a second degree, CIMA, BCS to get points as applicant with 2 degrees.

Pls use search bar for details.

I just simulated with 2 degrees and it puts me at 474. I'll look into the other options that you suggested. Thank you!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ElimosCEO: 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
Influential101:
Hope your primary NOC is up to one year?

Yes boss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oluwamitomisin: 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
NStar:
Please ....

Hope you found a solution? I am responding to my ITA too, and we can work together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.