Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

20 Pidgin English Phrases And Their Meanings - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 20 Pidgin English Phrases And Their Meanings (810 Views)

Just For Fun: English Vs Pidgin / Pidgin English Proverbs. Add Yours... Don't Spoil The Fun. / 15 Nairaland Memes And Their Meanings (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Pidgin English Phrases And Their Meanings by jswitch(m): 2:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
https://selectng.com.ng/top-20-phrases-in-pidgin-english-and-their-meaning/

www.selectng.com.ng has compiled a list of twenty frequently used phrases in Pidgin English that would surely spice up our week. read enjoy and feel free to add your to the list. Here we go; in no particular order:
Money miss road:
Someone whom you think does not deserve to be rich or is in a position that he/she is not qualified to be in.
As e dey hot:
As the story continues/ as the story goes on/ going forward
Do me, I do you:
An eye for an eye
Put san-san inside garri:
Spoil a plan or jeopardize an event
Who no go no go know:
Only those that have witnessed will be able to testify.
Tortori my body:
It excites me or it makes me feel great
Make am for life:
Succeed in life
Bone dat thing:
Forget that issue/matter/idea
Na wao for you ooo:
I can’t believe you did or said such a thing
E dey sweet my body:
It is making me happy
Man know man:
the habit of favouring those you know
Na we-we:
The spirit of brotherhood
Padi-padi government:
A government that select itsmembers based on friendship and not merit. A very corrupt administration
Oga kpatakpata:
over all boss
E go better:
It will get better
Read Also>>> The Beauty About The Nigerian Pidgin
I don hama:
I have hit the jack pot or I have hit the gold mine
Jump and pass:
To rebuke a perceived problem or situation
Oga at the top:
The over all boss
Chop my money:
Spend my money or enjoy my money
Get two heads:
To feel like you are above the law

Read more on www.selectng.com.ng
Re: 20 Pidgin English Phrases And Their Meanings by Laryne(m): 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
Eye wey see Meaning?

(1) (Reply)

Funny Joke: Igbo Men Are Very Intelligent / #na The Matter We Dey Settle Since! / Lol: When A Prank Ends With A Hot Slap From A Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.