Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,837,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible (41748 Views)

Osimhen & Boniface Beat Ronaldo As World Best Strikers By SPORTbible / China Bans Footballers From Getting Tattoos / Ranking Of Golden Boot Winners: Messi The 1st To Claim This Award For 6 Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Xpress24(m): 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
Soso990240:
Individual brilliance. Messi has it more than all of them. How many of them has scored up to 50 goals in a season? Messi that is not a No9 striker did it.
go and check records on google,no let ur love for messi blind u,cr7 score 50 for 8 consecutive seasons.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Debaiz: 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
m140:

Google r10 and r9 record cus i want to....
You can't be serious.... figure wat on wat, he got his standing from small team.
Children of nowadays , how old are you, you claiming smart, wats the team.

A team with two UCL finals and a Europa league in a decade is a small team?

It’s obvious your age is your only achievement in life. Let’s forget about the age. Tell us when you finished your school education if you’re that confident of your advance age. It will say a lot about your age and if you cannot state it God punish you for daring to ask my age. Anuofia

I blame myself for exchanging comments with a nonentity who sees standing ovation as achievement and believes he’s older than someone he doesn’t know. It goes to show a lot about your age.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by danot1030: 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
If this ranking will make Barcelona's fan sleep well no problem but C Ronaldo remains the GOAT.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by 989900: 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

you do realise defenders those days had all the advantages over a striker? they'd power through strikers with elbow, punches, barge, tackle from behind, shirt pulling, leg breaking and career ending tackles. you think that era is easier for strikers? you think Messi can dribble now like he does if a simple tackle from behind is allowed?

Not to mention then goalkeepers can kill the game by wasting time . . . they could handle back passes with their hands and keep the ball for minutes compared to what obtains now.

The new rules in modern football, even the football used, the boots, the pitch, are all designed to bring more goals to the game.

I doubt if some new generation players can do 45 mins in them old addidas boots or kick the old tango, especially on a wet day.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by dayowunmi(m): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2019
eni4real:
Aguero: injured in 60% of 2014 World cup
Higuain: One match wonder
Di Maria: Controversially missed the World cup final

Who else do you want o mention??

Bastituta is greater than all of them combined... They are poor teammates!!

Yet Messi still won the World cup golden ball by winning most MOTM In that world cup...

No difference?? Really?? Who remove the shame of inability to qualify for the World cup from Argentina?? Hatrick against Ecuador...
Argentina was dropping down the qualification zone because Messi had bans.. He came back to rescue them..

You forget that Argentina with Bastituta, Someone, Ortega, Veron etc., crashed out of 2002 World cup, crashed out of 1998 World cup.. You won't mention that since Messi is not involved grin

Messi era was the first time Argentina will make a World Cup final since 1990

The last time an Argentine won the World cup golden ball was in 1986, VARadona was supposed to be red carded in the quarter final for scoring an intentional hand ball goal tho!! tongue
Aguero injured in 60%
Higuain, one match wonder
Dimaria....
Aguero is always injured? Higuain, tevez and Dimaria never came good for the national team? Let's say they are all average, how come, Messi who's supposed to be a god should be able to thrive with them! Is the Portuguese team any better than Argentina when they won the Euro?
If Argentina had won many tournaments, it would have been cos Messi is a genius, if they lose, its cos Higuain is a one match wonder, Aguero was injured for 60% of the tournament...

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
Debaiz:

A team with two UCL finals and a Europa league in a decade is a small team?

It’s obvious your age is your only achievement in life. Let’s forget about the age. Tell us when you finished your school education if you’re that confident of your advance age. It will say a lot about your age and if you cannot state it God punish you for daring to ask my age. Anuofia

I blame myself for exchanging comments with a nonentity who sees standing ovation as achievement and believes he’s older than someone he doesn’t know. It goes to show a lot about your age.
Igbo boy, you people just lack respect for elders . My age is my achievement. Whats your abusing people here right. I guess messi pays you salary for to say all these to me , but if he doesn't pay and doesn't know you at all, i then understand the kind of home you were trained. Thank young man
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Soso990240(m): 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
Xpress24:
go and check records on google,no let ur love for messi blind u,cr7 score 50 for 8 consecutive seasons.
Oga keep quiet, u don't know anything. Messi has the record for most goals in a season (50 goals). He also has the record for highest goals in a calendar year (91 goals). Don't quote me with rubbish if u don't know d current records in football.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Mateen1000: 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2019
MrFly:
u are a fool by telling me to shut up. God punish ur loose tongue, Pele retired in 1977 and ur saying 1980. Can ur midget win an international tourney? U compare an average and fortunate player to Pele and claim to knw it all. May ur generation always be underated d way u underate Pele. Unam ikot mkpo
Oloriburuku ni e
Omo ale jatijati
I said around 1980, I wasn’t precise
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Debaiz: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
m140:

Igbo boy, you people just lack respect for elders . My age is my achievement. Whats your abusing people here right. I guess messi pays you salary for to say all these to me , but if he doesn't pay and doesn't know you at all, i then understand the kind of home you were trained. Thank young man

Ode ni e. Tell us your tribe cos no sane or self respecting Yoruba man throws around his age so recklessly. It shows your low self esteem. Messi is not paying me, you brought it upon yourself for trying to belittle someone you don’t know.

I repeat you’re nothing but a low life kid with nothing to show you’re advanced in age. I can bet you’re either in your late 20s or very unlikely early 30s but beyond that, you most likely have nothing else going for you. Ozuor
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Royzevic(m): 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
That is just some ones fvcking opinion...and i hav a right to not giv a fvck about it too..

My own list
GOAT...PELE MARADONA ZIDANE DE LIMA

LEGEND.C.RONALDO. MESSI

GOOD.. EVERY OTHER PLAYER DAT MAKES THE BALON D OR LIST EVERY YEAR...

U HAV A RIGHT TO NOT GIV A FVCK ABOUT MINE TOO....

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
Debaiz:

Ode ni e. Tell us your tribe cos no sane or self respecting Yoruba man throws around his age so recklessly. It shows your low self esteem. Messi is not paying me, you brought it upon yourself for trying to belittle someone you don’t know.

I repeat you’re nothing but a low life kid with nothing to show you’re advanced in age. I can bet you’re either in your late 20s or very unlikely early 30s but beyond that, you most likely have nothing else going for you. Ozuor
How old are you ? Tell me your age, just tell me
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
Debaiz:

Again what do you have going for you.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 9:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
DanXplore:

It's like you don't get the point. How will Messi score when five people are always giving him very tight marking? Even when he has drawn players to himself, those attackers will still be missing goals as though they swore for them. Look at the goal Dembele missed at the last minute against Liverpool. Look at the photos attached. Kuku kee Messi na
Dont forget he scored two b4
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Debaiz: 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
m140:

Again what do you have going for you.

Definitely more than my age unlike you. Didirin
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Debaiz: 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
m140:

How old are you ? Tell me your age, just tell me

30 oya let’s hear yours
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
Sirwallace:

Cancel 500 offside goals which are not part of the rule then and tell me how great he is.

Maradona does not even come close.

So messi is the real GOAT.

5 world cup winners doesn't come close to your goat?
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by MrFly(m): 5:57am On Oct 16, 2019
Mateen1000:

Oloriburuku ni e
Omo ale jatijati
I said around 1980, I wasn’t precise
adiok ano family afo, ade ata ebot ubude. Oriofordanu!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by GraciaKim: 6:36am On Oct 16, 2019
Jokerman:

Sham or not... He has 1260 goals to his name... Please look up Pele stats and see that Messi or Ronaldp do not come close

Let's agree to disagree.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2019
Debaiz:

30 oya let’s hear yours
Lolzzzzzz, you old pass me sef 26,
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2019
Debaiz:

Definitely more than my age unlike you. Didirin
Lolzzzzz, you just pissed, lolzzz
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2019
Debaiz:

30 oya let’s hear yours
Are you married?
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Debaiz: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2019
m140:

Lolzzzzzz, you old pass me sef 26,

Really. Anuofia

Get off my mentions idiot
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Debaiz: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2019
m140:

Are you married?

No I’m gay. Are you interested?
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 9:57am On Oct 16, 2019
Debaiz:

Lolzzzz , messsi don cause wahala ooo
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by m140(m): 9:57am On Oct 16, 2019
Debaiz:

Lolzzzz , messsi don cause wahala ooo ...
Debaiz:

Really. Anuofia

Get off my mentions idiot
Lolzzzz, you see ....
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 29, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... Stop wasting your time bro... The same Messi was selected amongst football best ever team that same year.... grin... Just accept Pele as the goat grin

I'm going to create a topic that shows why Pele is the football goat.. Others come 2nd even Maradona

How far with the thread na?
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Saltzman00: 9:08am On Sep 18, 2020
GEEBITE:
There was even no substitution until 1970 world cup.Morais of Portugal kicked Pele out of 1966 to stop 3 straight world cups and we all know what happpend in 1970 with pele running the show.Ask these kids if Messi can survive the Tackle of Claudio Gentile or that butcher of Bilbao who ensured Maradona's stay in Spain did not last more than two years as he was sure he will break Bilbao's stranglehold on the league championship.
Kids cos of internet fronting as football aficionado that didnt know office rule was officially introduced in 1923.Imagine saying Pele's has 500 offside goals,really laughable.
answer the question Mr....was offside rule part of the game then?
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by GEEBITE: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2020
After how many months am I supposed to respond this. Anyway,read my submission again the year offside was introduced is written and Pele was not born then.
Saltzman00:
answer the question Mr....was offside rule part of the game then?
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Djamel(m): 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jokerman:
A barcelonian list grin

We are talking of the "greatest "... What has Messi done or acheived on won that this players haven't done

Pele
Maradona
Zidane
Ronaldo
CR7

He's a better football player than all those players on that list

Not disputing what they've all achieved, I'll be picking messi above all of them.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by RealEzee(m): 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2020
Soso990240:
Individual brilliance. Messi has it more than all of them. How many of them has scored up to 50 goals in a season? Messi that is not a No9 striker did it.
all of them have a national trophy, where is Messi own even when he had top caliber players in the squad, that he even had to retire twice?
Messi is a barca legend not even an Argentine legend when Maradona is still there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Roma Fans Attacked Referee, Antony Taylor And His Family At The Airport (Videos) / Breaking News: Nff Building Is On Fire (photos) / Lionel Messi Celebrates Christmas With Family In Adorable Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.