Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,567 members, 7,770,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:06 AM

How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? (4991 Views)

12 HIV Negative Babies Born To HIV Positive Women In Awka / HIV Negative Husband Told To Have Sex With Positive Wife / Nairalanders Help Me Thank God.i'm HIV NEGATIVE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by pannyman(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2007
I recently decided to go and find out once and for all my HIV status. I therefore went to a laboratory and had my blood taken for the test. I was told to wait for the result, and less than 30 minutes later it was ready. I must admit it was a bit tense, but I was ready to take a positive result like a man. The staff wore serious looks as they prepared the report. It was finally handed to me and I anxiously scanned the sheet. I was so relieved and almost incredulous when I saw "sero-negative". I looked at the guy who gave me the report and  asked him, "am negative"? and he replied "yes, congratulations". His female colleague echoed him, smiling. I left feeling so thrilled, having cheated HIV. Am going to be real careful from now on. LOL. So folks can you share your experience with us of how you felt when you found out you were HIV negative? smiley
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by cuteass1(f): 3:30am On May 21, 2007
Where you thinking you were positive?? Does that give me grounds to believe you've put yourself in threatnening situations??

Well nobody is above mistakes, and I'm very happy you got through it, now next time you might not be this lucky so please be careful!!!

A stitch in time they say saves nine, please my guy be warned wink

Again, I'm happy for you, this callsfor a celebration (where ones goes and returns, another goes and gets stuck) cry

Lets have a toast: the healthy health of PANNYMAN cheesy cheesy

CHEERS
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by pannyman(m): 7:47am On May 21, 2007
Thank you! I felt like a reprieved man, knowing the many risks I had taken in the past. cheesy
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by chumakk: 7:47pm On May 25, 2007
start prasing and thanking God for the HIV NRGATIVE
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by pannyman(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2007
yea, i ought to be going about in a t-shirt that reads "i cheated hiv". lol grin
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by pannyman(m): 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2007
hey guys, am i the only person who has gone and found that they wre hiv negative? let's hear your experiences please cry
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by davou4eva(m): 3:48am On Jun 16, 2007
congratulations, meanwhile i ve just done mine about two weeks ago and i was so scared when i saw lot of people that come for the test at ikeja general hospital. Anyway, i did the test and iwas told to come for the result the following day but i refuse to go cos i wa sscared considering all the guys runs i ve done.

But on the third day i summoned up courage and went and immediately i enter the reception i was feeling some headache,running stomach and imagine the rate at whish my heart were beating/.

My name was called and i entered the office and the guy that will give result begin to ask me some question on what do i know about contacting hiv and i was answering him in a starmmered way, so when the guy say CONGRATULATIONS and handed my result to me and i saw NEGATIVE i was so happy, getting home i show the result to my friends and after that we went for celebration and enough bottles of STARS were rolling. HALLELUYAH NA GOD OOOOOOO tongue
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by sammy6(m): 6:30am On Jun 16, 2007
back in camp,i had some sexcapades with a girl i didn't really trust and got scared of hiv.after camp,a coy asked me to come for my medicals and i really wanted to know my status b4 beign checked by the coy.i went to a lab and had a test and what was the result.not positive.i was so happy.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by abiodunade(m): 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2007
I went 4 general medical check up, and i told d lab. man dat i want to know my hiv status. D test was conduted and my heart was gallopin badly, finally d man came out and call me to his office and says u ve a nice general medical result and u re hiv negative. Immediately, i jst say THANK GOD OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Am hapi oooooooooo and i will remains faithful to my girl.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by redsun(m): 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2007
It is always a new beginning to know that you that have that shit. You want to pick and choose the right queen without rush.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by thankfulguy: 1:35am On Apr 02, 2012
i know this post as old but i looked this up after my results and theres not a lot of posts out there.
3 years ago i had a few very questionable nights that were too wild. i was a graduating high school senior and had multiple partners unprotected.
that and the combination of constant pain killer and alcohol abuse in the time following my mothers death . lots of self medication and self loathing.
anyways that summer was filled with a few instances that i could hardly remember but would wake up with fluid stuck in my pubic area and little memory of the
multiple girls i had been with. in my depressive state though i did nothing about it. and as time went on the memories began to fade of that experimental summer .
a few years that followed had me wondering from time to time but i didn't have any symptoms and thought nothing of it . then i became very very sick and signs started to show up
swollen nodes rashes diarrhea, fatigue. its very dangerous to self diagnose and thats what i did. being the negative person i can be. i finally had a good job with good insurance and knew it was time
to know for sure. i was tested, and the weeks that past had my mind scrambling, convinced i was sick .
i was not taught in my catholic school of the dangers of stds and found out later of the dangers of waiting to be checked. but ignorance is no excuse, and i was no doubt that.
finally the time came when i would get the results and i was fully prepared for a positive result. but alas, negative. i thanked god (I'm not a professed christian or religious person) but i knew at that moment
that some grace and mercy had been shown upon me. i wept at the results and kissed the ground.

the point of my story is. don't wait to find out, because it deteriorates your health with the power of your mind doing lots self diagnosing and finding symptoms that really aren't they're or not what you think they are.
if i had been found positive i would have tried to stay as up beat as i could and get on the medications. but thank to some higher power is why i am negative.
be happy in your results and don't take life for granted. i never will again
Re: How Did You Feel When You Found Out You Were Hiv Negative? by stillme(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2012
Mehn! I almost died before the result.

(1) (Reply)

Child Birth In Nigeria / Itchy Rashes Appear On My Chest And Back.what Are They And How Do I Make Them Go / Scientists Explain This Alternative Rat Poison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.