Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love (1257 Views)

"Yea, I Have Loved Thee With An Everlasting Love." / Kingdom Conduct: God’s Everlasting Love. / Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2019
I remember this story. It demonstrates the danger of embracing and putting into practice false and misleading beliefs. I once opened a thread about it

https://www.nairaland.com/4865586/true-concerning-chau-sentinelese
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
Martinez79:
I remember this story. It demonstrates the danger of embracing and putting into practice false and misleading beliefs. I once opened a thread about it

I just came accross it today and truly, it split me up grin. What kind of world would honestly persuade an individual so unquestioningly that an extraordinary power will spare them when they contravene laws and intentionally endanger themselves? Or, do we conclude that it is the individual's lack of capacity for critical thought?

Anyways, I don't want to journey too far down the rabbit hole. I just want to know if this counts as evidence for absence cheesy

1 Like

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by LordReed(m): 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

I just came accross it today and truly, it split me up grin. What kind of world would honestly persuade an individual so unquestioningly that an extraordinary power will spare them when they contravene laws and intentionally endanger themselves? Or, do we conclude that it is the individual's lack of capacity for critical thought?

Anyways, I don't want to journey too far down the rabbit hole. I just want to know if this counts as evidence for absence cheesy

For them it is proof that Jesus was correct in saying the world will persecute them for preaching the gospel. Never mind that he could more effectively preached his gospel with a demonstration of the power of his god.
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

The guy was charged on his beliefs like a man charged on marijuana. He kept on moving despite the arrows shot at him probably because he believed god had his back in the mission of winning souls, he had committed things into the hands of god, and he had to demonstrate faith by continously approaching the hostile tribe. Once a christian is filled with faith, any draw back is seen as a test from the devil. The more you discourage them, the more they tenaciously hold on.

Indoctrination is a powerful force.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by budaatum: 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
This is evidence of ignorance, in your words, evidence of "the individual's lack of capacity for critical thought". If he had read and understood the gospel he intended to preach he would have preached it first to the forest in his own eyes and then seen better that twigs are in the eyes he was going to preach to.

As to my Lord's "proof that Jesus was correct in saying", the only thing proven here is the wages of his sin of ignorance which is his death.
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
budaatum:
This is evidence of ignorance, in your words, evidence of "the individual's lack of capacity for critical thought". If he had read and understood the gospel he intended to preach he would have preached it first to the forest in his own eyes and then seen better that twigs are in the eyes he was going to preach to.

As to my Lord's "proof that Jesus was correct in saying", the only thing proven here is the wages of his sin of ignorance which is his death.
Surely, I'd call it evidence of ignorance. As well as evidence of absence of intelligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Surely, I'd call it evidence of ignorance. As well as evidence of absence of intelligence.
grin

Hmmm. For everyone, indoctrination differs in form and intensity. Even the best of us were once victims of strident indoctrination. Ayan Hirsi-Ali, an intelligent woman, who thinks very logically and reasons critically, was once a Muslim who supported the fatwa calling for the death of Salman Rushdie.

Just like my fellow atheist Sharon6 (lepasharon), I came into nairaland as a staunch christian. I argued stubbornly and stupidly in favour of christianity but I later changed after much sound argument from nairaland atheists. I once created a thread under my former moniker, Martinez19, showing my journey from christianity to atheism. In that thread, I brought out many screenshots showing posts in which I argued for christianity. grin

Indoctrination is power if done right. I responded to sound arguments but I find it hard, initially, that people don't respond to sound arguments. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by budaatum: 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
Martinez79:
grin

Hmmm. For everyone, indoctrination differs in form and intensity. Even the best of us were once victims of strident indoctrination. Ayan Hirsi-Ali, an intelligent woman, who thinks very logically and reasons critically, was once a Muslim who supported the fatwa calling for the death of Salman Rushdie.

Just like my fellow atheist Sharon6 (lepasharon), I came into nairaland as a staunch christian. I argued stubbornly and stupidly in favour of christianity but I later changed after much sound argument from nairaland atheists. I once created a thread under my former moniker, Martinez19, showing my journey from christianity to atheism. In that thread, I brought out many screenshots showing posts in which I argued for christianity. grin

Indoctrination is power if done right. I responded to sound arguments but I find it hard, initially, that people don't respond to sound arguments. grin
From 19 to 39 and now 79! Sounds like you are easily indoctrinated by "sounder arguments".

Is 109 next?
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 7:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
budaatum:

From 19 to 39 and now 79! Sounds like you are easily indoctrinated by "sounder arguments".

Is 109 next?
129, 139, 179, & 189 are coming soon. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
budaatum:

Is 109 next?
Him and his misogynistic friends in romance section slut shammed a female and thus his account was banned. His cohorts provided details(pictures ) of a lady on romance section who was allegedly involved in prostitution to this forum and humiliated and slut shammed her causing her to deactivate her account and thus was banned!
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Him and his fellow misogynistic friends in romance section slut shammed a female and thus his account was banned. He and his cohorts provided details(pictures ) of a lady on romance section who was allegedly involved in prostitution to this forum and humiliated and slut shammed her causing her to deactivate her account and thus was banned!
Stop spreading lies against me. I never slut shamed her and I wasn't the who posted her codedruns account. You can confirm this. I, Martinez39, the apostle of equal rights, has never slut-shamed any lady on Nairaland. I was just banned without a good reason.

For your information, I am not a misogynist. I love women and I like equal rights and opportunities for both genders. Michelle, stop lying. You are fond of lying against me and attacking me.

grin grin grin
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
Martinez79:
Stop spreading lies against me. I never slut shamed her and I wasn't the who posted her codedruns account. You can confirm this. I, Martinez39, the apostle of equal rights, has never slut-shamed any lady on Nairaland. I was just banned without a good reason.

For your information, I am not a misogynist. I love women and I like equal rights and opportunities for both genders. Michelle, stop lying. You are fond of lying against me and attacking me.

grin grin grin
Ok,I will modify the part where I type "fellow misogynistic" and where I typed you provided details...but you slut shammed her,stop lying....chai
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Ok,I will modify the part where I type "fellow misogynistic" and where I typed you provided details...but you slut shammed her,stop lying....chai
I did not slut-shame her. I am serious. I actually don't slut-shame. Prove me wrong. grin
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2019
Martinez79:
I did not slut-shame her. I am serious. I actually don't slut-shame. Prove me wrong. grin
Be deceiving yourself!
If you like don't let go of any bad feelings or grudge you have against ladies
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Be deceiving yourself!
If you like don't let go of any bad feelings or grudge you have against ladies
Hehe. I don't have any bad feelings or grudges towards ladies. What makes you think I have these? grin
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
Martinez79:
Hehe. I don't have any bad feelings or grudges towards ladies. What makes you think I have these? grin
Your threads,posts etc
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Your threads,posts etc
What about them? Do they contain hate messages against women? If they do, show them to me. grin

1 Like

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 16, 2019
Martinez79:
What about them? Do they contain hate messages against women? If they do, show them to me. grin
my biggest ish with you is self righteousness! thinking that the course you stand for is the only relevant one and your neighbor own course you scoff at it.
You are never objective.
I know your tricks of asking me for proofs as a way of shutting me up since I will not recall names of threads that you displayed all these....

I do believe that one day the same way you left Christianity will be the same way you will realise this gender stuffs you do ain't worth it and it will lead to unfufilment and life is more than that!
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 6:38am On Oct 16, 2019
Michellekabod2:
my biggest ish with you is self righteousness! thinking that the course you stand for is the only relevant one and your neighbor own course you scoff at it.
Self-righteousness? shocked I have never felt that my course is the only relevant one. Beside, whose neighbour's legimate course have I scoffed at?

You are never objective.
Not true.

I know your tricks of asking me for proofs as a way of shutting me up since I will not recall names of threads that you displayed all these....
Asking for proof isn't a way of shutting you down. Each time I ask you for proof of your accusations against me and Ubunja, you abandon the conversation abruptly. Why maintain sometime you can't ever back up? Why spread lies against me when you don't know what you are saying?

I do believe that one day the same way you left Christianity will be the same way you will realise this gender stuffs you do ain't worth it and it will lead to unfufilment and life is more than that!
I don't engage in gender wars. I only say the truth.

1 Like

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 16, 2019
Martinez79:
Self-righteousness? shocked I have never felt that my course is the only relevant one. Beside, whose neighbour's legimate course have I scoffed at?

Not true.

Asking for proof isn't a way of shutting you down. Each time I ask you for proof of your accusations against me and Ubunja, you abandon the conversation abruptly. Why maintain sometime you can't ever back up? Why spread lies against me when you don't know what you are saying?

I don't engage in gender wars. I only say the truth.
I don't lie against you or ubunja,I can't start sorting out all your posts to select a particular one that is why I back off...

You say "truth?"" grin....oh my chest!lol
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 7:00am On Oct 16, 2019
Michellekabod2:

I don't lie against you or ubunja,I can't start sorting out all your posts to select a particular one that is why I back off...
If what you say about me or ubunja are true then finding our posts that buttress your point shouldn't be that hard.

You say "truth?"" grin....oh my chest!lol
grin Oh yes, I said truth. Any objections that you can back up?
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 16, 2019
Martinez79:
grin

I do not disagree that religious people are intelligent. My assertion is that the not-so-intelligent are more likely to be attracted to religious ideologies (more susceptible to indoctrination)

Intuition interfering with intelligence is the culprit here. Obviously studies as to the reason why lower intelligence correlates with religious beliefs continue. I certainly say we learn more and, in my opinion, drag religion, kicking and screaming, out of the darkness pews and into the light of day.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

I do not disagree that religious people are intelligent. My assertion is that the not-so-intelligent are more likely to be attracted to religious ideologies (more susceptible to indoctrination)

Intuition interfering with intelligence is the culprit here. Obviously studies as to the reason why lower intelligence correlates with religious beliefs continue. I certainly say we learn more and, in my opinion, drag religion, kicking and screaming, out of the darkness pews and into the light of day.

smiley
I agree with you that unintelligence and stupidity play a key role in yielding to and maintaining stupid beliefs. How else do children who believe in Santa Claus grow into adults who do not believe in Santa Claus? Funny enough, these children still end continue believing that their god is real. What I was just saying is that even though we smart folks see religion for what it is, we were once indistinguishable from the shadeyinkas and jesusjnrs of these world in our stupidity.

However, we know that one is indeed stupid and not just indoctrinated when one is presented with facts and sound arguments and yet continue to embrace stupid beliefs even though one has come of age. I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by budaatum: 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2019
Martinez79:
If what you say about me or ubunja are true then finding our posts that buttress your point shouldn't be that hard.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with you here though I can't resist saying "beans".

Are you asking us to believe you Michelle? You must know what atheism teaches about belief. Allegations should not be made without evidence if requested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by budaatum: 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

smiley
I love the way you switch between "religious ideologies" and "religious beliefs" and make out they are the same thing. And the herring, "do not disagree" which requires intelligence to decipher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

smiley
You are right! Aside intuition getting in the way of their intelligence, there are some that without intuition are still dumb.
For example, Olaadegbu is dumb not because of Intuition getting in the way of his intelligence but because his brains can't assimilate things, that's why he has a warped understanding of his holy book.
Another case is jesusjnr, his dumbness is as a result of him following his intuition solely....
Openyoureyes also Falls into this category

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2019
budaatum:

I love the way you switch between "religious ideologies" and "religious beliefs" and make out they are the same thing. And the herring, "do not disagree" which requires intelligence to decipher.

Yikes! Fingerslip! They're not exactly the same. Sorry. Beliefs are more personal. The set of religious ideologies encompasses all beliefs. I'm talking of religious ideologies, not isolated beliefs. Thanks smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
Michellekabod2:

You are right! Aside intuition getting in the way of their intelligence, there are some that without intuition are still dumb.
For example, Olaadegbu is dumb not because of Intuition getting in the way of his intelligence but because his brains can't assimilate things, that's why he has a warped understanding of his holy book.
Another case is jesusjnr, his dumbness is as a result of him following his intuition solely....
I LOVE savages like you. LMAO grin
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
Michellekabod2:

In an absolutely ludicrous fashion, the clown OpenYourEyes1 insinuated that Sabrina is a witch. grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5446534/there-something-strange-evil-sabrina

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
Martinez79:
In an absolutely ludicrous fashion, the clown OpenYourEyes1 insinuated that Sabrina is a witch. grin grin grin

to be honest ,on a serious note this clowns are more of a nuisance...they are reducing the value of religion section..I am tired abeg
Re: Genuine Proof Of God's Everlasting Love by Martinez79: 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
Michellekabod2:
to be honest ,on a serious note this clowns are more of a nuisance...they are reducing the value of religion section..I am tired abeg
I miss the glory days where we had the combination of HopefulLandlord, HardMirror, johnydon22, Tozara, Catfishbilly, Sharon6 (lepasharon), Donffd, OtemAtum, KingEbukasBlog (he thinks atheism is a mental illness), Butterflylion (bbfever, felixomor, 4evergod, spectacular (he came as a female), naijadeyhia), MrPresident1 (he openly prophesied in one of his threads that the second coming of Jesus was on 20th January, 2017 grin), Anas09, MuttleyLaff, luvmijeje, etc.

The religion section was very interesting back then. Sweet memories. embarassed

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Religion Lower iq?. / Must Read!!! Why I Don’t attend Church Or Believe Everything In The Bible / Any Fountaineers Out There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.