Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? (1127 Views)

My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) / Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by Aphrygian(m): 8:53am On Oct 16, 2019
Hiii I am in need for an advice, my fiancee and I made a decision to take our relationships forward (marriage), even though both families had agree to our relationships (because both families are friends) it will take nothing less than a one-year window period for the two families to agree a marriage ceremony (introduction, planning e.t.c), so we think if we can both go to the registry and later formalize it.
Re: Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by quietpoolsinn: 9:48am On Oct 16, 2019
So you don't want to inform your parents about the court registry?

weekend is around the corner, let's host your events for you and take care of your lodging.

Visit us today @QUIETPOOLSINN IKEJA LAGOS for your quiet time relaxation, serene environment for photoshoot of any sort, videoshooting, events, business meetings and conferences. Also affordable rooms for lodging. check signature for calls and enquiries.

Re: Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by Aphrygian(m): 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
quietpoolsinn:
So you don't want to inform your parents about the court registry?

weekend is around the corner, let's host your events for you and take care of your lodging.

Visit us today @QUIETPOOLSINN IKEJA LAGOS for your quiet time relaxation, serene environment for photoshoot of any sort, videoshooting, events, business meetings and conferences. Also affordable rooms for lodging. check signature for calls and enquiries.
you should understand how our African parents behave,they prefer doing it the African ways.not that we won't still go that way but we just want a way of formalising it before our parents are ready. You still have not contributed though?
Re: Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by quietpoolsinn: 1:17pm On Oct 16, 2019
Aphrygian:
you should understand how our African parents behave,they prefer doing it the African ways.not that we won't still go that way but we just want a way of formalising it before our parents are ready. You still have not contributed though?

Yeah, i totally get you. Inform them of your plans and most definitely they would come out to support you guys, but if they don't be at the registry, it's still no big deal, as long as they are aware of the happenings.

Please tell iyawo to come for her bridal shower at our boutique hotel, and we also host bachelor's eve and a nice homely home for your pre wedding photo shoot.

Re: Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2019
You need a family member to stand in as witness, your brother or sister.... Any sibbling above 18.
Re: Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by doitforyou(f): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2019
No o, witnesses don’t have to be family members. Op, once you are 21 and up you can get married at the registry without any parent/family influence or obstruction. However the court will publish your banns for 21 days.
LilMissFavvy:
You need a family member to stand in as witness, your brother or sister.... Any sibbling above 18.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
You are right.
doitforyou:
No o, witnesses don’t have to be family members. Op, once you are 21 and up you can get married at the registry without any parent/family influence or obstruction. However the court will publish your banns for 21 days.
Re: Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by Aphrygian(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
thanks
Re: Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by Aphrygian(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
doitforyou:
thanks soo much

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by Aphrygian(m): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
You are right.
thanks I appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must For Both Bride And Groom Parents To Be At The Marriage Registry? by Octopusssy(f): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ahhh... Love is a giddy and beautiful thing...

(1) (Reply)

Help With Possible Parental Curse / This Photo Will Put A Smile On Your Face Though The Time Is Somehow Sha / CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.