Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? (2587 Views)

Why Is There So Much Sexism And Misogyny In The Programming Field? / My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie / 7 Best Programming Languages Required For Ios App Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hi guys, what are the programming languages required to make interesting cartoons like Naruto, Tom & Jerry, Barbie etc?
Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by Prinss: 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
Depends on the type of cartoon, whether 2d or 3d. Essentially you don't need programming to make cartoons, just some piece of animation softwares, work Station and inspiration.
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 20, 2019
cartoons like naruto are done using an animation technique which is like a flip book that is you draw images of motion then go over them like 10 images in one second(10frames per second) it takes a big project to make 2d cartoons. But 3d cartoons simply require 3d animation programs e.g blender you model the characters and environment then you just animate them in the program 3d is easier than 2d but blender supports 2d now grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ausrichie:
cartoons like naruto are done using an animation technique which is like a flip book that is you draw images of motion then go over them like 10 images in one second(10frames per second) it takes a big project to make 2d cartoons. But 3d cartoons simply require 3d animation programs e.g blender you model the characters and environment then you just animate them in the program 3d is easier than 2d but blender supports 2d now grin

I beg to differ, to me 2d animations are way easier than 3d, because the same time you'll spend drawing a 2d frame is the same you'll spend on 3d, only difference is color textures,

and 3d are also harder cause you'll have to make their movements more realistic, whereas with 2d you can give the characters any type of movements and people won't mind because it's a cartoon,

with 3d it has to be perfect cause you're looking for something more life-like that's why very few companies make 3d cartoons and the best cartoons are still in 2d because you could go crazy with the animations.
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
SamzackD:

I beg to differ, to me 2d animations are way easier than 3d, because the same time you'll spend drawing a 2d frame is the same you'll spend on 3d, only difference is color textures,

and 3d are also harder cause you'll have to make their movements more realistic, whereas with 2d you can give the characters any type of movements and people won't mind because it's a cartoon,

with 3d it has to be perfect cause you're looking for something more life-like that's why very few companies make 3d cartoons and the best cartoons are still in 2d because you could go crazy with the animations.
cartoons like Tom and Jerry are make with 3d?

Lalasticlala
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2019
udoekere:
cartoons like Tom and Jerry are make with 3d?

Lalasticlala

No 2d, if Tom and Jerry was made with 3d they'll have more life like textures and features (that is they'll look like the real cat and mouse you see everyday), you'll mostly find 3d animations in video games like fifa, gta etc. (although they are 3d animations with 2d textures) and movies like Avatar, Lion King 2019 (which contained 3d textures, that's why the animals in the cartoon looked real) etc.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 25, 2019
SamzackD:

It's not as easy as it looks and you don't have to make 3d look realistic it isn't a game so it's not a core essential
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 6:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Ausrichie:

It's not as easy as it looks and you don't have to make 3d look realistic it isn't a game so it's not a core essential

Really?

did you watch the lion king 2019 movie ?

if you did you'll know why 3d has to be realistic, it's not 3d if it isn't realistic.
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 7:45am On Oct 25, 2019
SamzackD:

Really?

did you watch the lion king 2019 movie ?

if you did you'll know why 3d has to be realistic, it's not 3d if it isn't realistic.
so what programming language do i need to learn to make both 2d and 3d animation
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 7:52am On Oct 25, 2019
Ausrichie:
what makes you think 3d is simple coz the other guy said you have to make it look more realistic so i want to ask you this,do you think cartoons like grandtheft is that easy to make not to talk of Fifa oh
Pls the mods should help me push this to fp thanks

seun
lalasticlala
mynd44
fynestboi
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 7:57am On Oct 25, 2019
udoekere:
so what programming language do i need to learn to make both 2d and 3d animation

you don't program animations, you animate them, from drawing, to giving your drawings life (with textures) etc.

just look up 'how to make 2d cartoons' on google to grab the basics, there are many software's that you can use to make 2d and 3d animations, but you need to know the basics first.
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 8:01am On Oct 25, 2019
SamzackD:

you don't program animations, you animate them, from drawing, to giving your drawings life (with textures) etc.

just look up 'how to make 2d cartoons' on google to grab the basics, there are many software's that you can use to make 2d and 3d animations, but you need to know the basics first.
how and where should i learn this?
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2019
udoekere:
how and where should i learn this?

there are lots of useful resources on the internet, there are YouTube videos that will teach you the basics, but if you want in-depth knowledge I'll advice you take a paid animation course on udemy.

if you want to learn offline, I think there are a couple of movie production schools in Lagos that teach animations.
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2019
SamzackD:

there are lots of useful resources on the internet, there are YouTube videos that will teach you the basics, but if you want in-depth knowledge I'll advice you take a paid animation course on udemy.

if you want to learn offline, I think there are a couple of movie production schools in Lagos that teach animations.
how will i learn on udemy when there will be no one to guide me?
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 8:57am On Oct 25, 2019
udoekere:
how will i learn on udemy when there will be no one to guide me?

guide how? all the guidance you need are part of the course, but first do you know how to draw?
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 9:12am On Oct 25, 2019
SamzackD:

guide how? all the guidance you need are part of the course, but first do you know how to draw?
i used to but it'z been years i haven't done that but if i should try again i can stil do that.
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 10:38am On Oct 25, 2019
udoekere:
i used to but it'z been years i haven't done that but if i should try again i can stil do that.

well you'll need to, or if you can get someone that knows how to draw then no problem...
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 10:52am On Oct 25, 2019
SamzackD:

well you'll need to, or if you can get someone that knows how to draw then no problem...
pls help me,how do i explain to ma parent about udemy coz i dnt really know anything about the site and i dnt know how much i wil pay.i dnt want a situation where i will enroll on a course and i won't know any thing and i also want to go into web development.
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 11:08am On Oct 25, 2019
udoekere:
pls help me,how do i explain to ma parent about udemy coz i dnt really know anything about the site and i dnt know how much i wil pay.i dnt want a situation where i will enroll on a course and i won't know any thing and i also want to go into web development.

modified
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
SamzackD:

send me a message on whatsapp .***** ,once you've gotten the number quote me so that I can remove my number... I'm also a web developer i could put you through
i'm typing from Nokia x2 so i'm not on whatsapp...pls tell me more about web development
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by melodyogonna(m): 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ausrichie:
Simply?
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 4:42am On Oct 26, 2019
udoekere:
i'm typing from Nokia x2 so i'm not on whatsapp...pls tell me more about web development

what do you want to know about it?

and learning programming without a smartphone would be hard!
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by Setnigeria: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2019
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2019
SamzackD:

what do you want to know about it?

and learning programming without a smartphone would be hard!

And edit your quote up there and remove my number
but i thought there is no need for a smartphone since programming only requires the use of laptop
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 3:03am On Oct 27, 2019
udoekere:
but i thought there is no need for a smartphone since programming only requires the use of laptop

Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 7:06am On Oct 27, 2019
SamzackD:

guy remove my number from your comment up there!
i can't do that,just go up and modify the post
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by SamzackD(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
udoekere:
i can't do that,just go up and modify the post

remove the number from your own comment, I've modified mine already
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by udoekere: 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
SamzackD:

remove the number from your own comment, I've modified mine already
ok i have done that
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by lincsnuel: 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
Bro just calm down and learn a good programming language like Python, Ruby or Java. Or you can start with web languages like Javascript, html/css. From these, you'd make some money with which to enter fully into 2d/3d animations. Maya is one of the great animation softwares used in production of the realistic movie "the jungle story"

Cinema4D is another great 3d animation software.
Re: What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2019
udoekere:
what makes you think 3d is simple coz the other guy said you have to make it look more realistic so i want to ask you this,do you think cartoons like grandtheft is that easy to make not to talk of Fifa oh
Pls the mods should help me push this to fp thanks

seun
lalasticlala
mynd44
fynestboi
I've worked on 3d projects and they are much easier to get done with the stressful part is rigging the models and things like texture rendering but animations one person cannot sit down and draw a whole animation you must be consistent with drawing and motion or else it will be a whole waste and you must start from the beginning so guy you can't possibly compare them if you see the team that handled naruto they were more than forty people while something like let's take Jimmy Neutron for example will require a team of like twenty people. I've done it though as a beginner it is stressful but with a hard knowledge of graphics programming (OpenGL c or c++) it will be a work over the development of games the whole time is not spent on making 3d models the whole time is spent on level planning, making of storylines and planning the game out. Games are out of the picture. 2D is hard one Bleep up and the paper goes to the bin erasers are not quarter as powerful as CTRL Z. So don't compare the two

(1) (Reply)

A Beginners Guide To Object-oriented Programming (OOP) In PHP 5+ / How Much Is Www.nairaland.com Worth? / What Can Python Programming Language Build?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.