Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

What Can Python Programming Language Build? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Can Python Programming Language Build? (2592 Views)

Support Python Programming With Android Devices :qpython E.t.c / Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. / Python Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Python Programming Language Build? by dansmog(m): 7:23pm On May 04, 2012
Hello nairalanders,i have been learning python coding for a week now.
and i want to know what i can build or create with python. is it possible for me to create a mobile web applications, music players etc. or it is just a scripting language.
Re: What Can Python Programming Language Build? by SoftVersion(m): 12:37am On May 05, 2012
Lol...
Re: What Can Python Programming Language Build? by dansmog(m): 12:15pm On May 05, 2012
thanks delomos. once again! you have even given me a link to make me know how stupid i am.
dont worry i know how to use google very well. i just wanted to get a straight answer and not some bunch of article, before i can get what i want.
i just gonna go and use it anyway.
Re: What Can Python Programming Language Build? by delomos(m): 12:37pm On May 05, 2012
dansmog++:
.....i just wanted to get a straight answer and not some bunch of article, before i can get what i want...

Much respect bro, you're a good sport, that joke was just a joke glad you got it, no harm intended.

It will have been helpful if you added the above to the original post so you get precise answers, that said: Python is a scripting language as you might have noticed but doesn't mean "scripting" in the sense of an informal programming language that you just hack a few things together with -- it is a lot more powerful than that because ...

There are extensions you can add on top of plain python to make it do pretty whatever you want (I can bet, if it's something doable, someone has built a python extension for it) -- web, build a graphical music player, create mobile app, you name it, when you learn the python language itself, and that time reaches, you will know where to find what you need to make python do what you want.

That said, is python just a scripting language, yes and no. You can use it for scripting (in the pure sense) if you wish, and you can do much, much more if you so please, it's up to you (which is where it's significantly different from a programming language like 'Java' that doesn't give you that option).
Re: What Can Python Programming Language Build? by dansmog(m): 1:30pm On May 08, 2012
thanks, anyways, now i get it

(1) (Reply)

I Need Good Perfect Money API Programmer / Enyata Wants To Build A Sustainable Community For African Software Engineers / How do I Put My Site Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.