Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot (1210 Views)

Man Gave Mechanic His Car To Repair, He Drove The Car To His Girlfriend's House. / Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers / What's The Difference Between A Car Code Reader And A Scan Tool? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by TRYGO(m): 12:10am On Oct 19, 2019
There are instances when you suddenly see the ABS light lit on your car's dashboard, and may have being wondering what exactly is/was the problem. Well, most of the reasons for the ABS light showing on the dashboard, ranges from a faulty wheel speed sensor, an open or short circuit in the ABS wire harnesses, or a faulty ABS control module/actuator. In the rare cases we've seen, a dirty wheel speed sensor tip, would prevent the sensor from receiving signals from the reluctor wheel to the ABS/ECU module, for subsequent operation.

This short video is part of a series of three part videos that demonstrates briefly how you could use a code reader, whether handheld or software based like what I used in this video, to interpret various ABS related PIDs, than spending tremendous time, troubleshooting the problem without any headway.

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lOGtuo-qrY

Hope this helps someone facing similar problems.

Regards
Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by TRYGO(m): 12:12am On Oct 19, 2019
Here's part two of the video.
The video shows the repairs being done. Sometimes, you don't need to spend a lot on simple repairs like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi9D6CKTboQ
Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by Eddee(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
Baba Trygo you run this ABS wheel sensor issue you no cc me? Me and you don finish today.

Well, just tried this - didn't work on my over-engineered German contraption. Unlucky me,I guess grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by banky3w(m): 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
I like the way he said 'this ABS light and tire slip whatever and something like that' grin grin grin grin grin. E funny me. I think that's traction control off light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by TRYGO(m): 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2019
Una too funny jor. My hand no learn Benz or that o!
Maybe I tried pronouncing the traction control wrongly or so?!
Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by seunoj: 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
How do I get the software for scanning vehicles including cables connector

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by TRYGO(m): 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
Seunoj. The softwares are available online from amazon, or at any automotive auto shop near you.

(1) (Reply)

Best And Quality Paint For Car / Mompha Shows Off His 2020 Rolls Royce Wraith Eagle VIII / How You May Have Been Washing Your Car Wrongly And Causing It To Have Scratches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.