Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Love Me, Love My Dog - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Me, Love My Dog (919 Views)

Why I Love My Mother / The Unquenshable Love(my True Life Story) / My Zone, My Love, My Passion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love Me, Love My Dog by Orikinla(m): 12:32pm On May 21, 2007
She bought three copies of my book at a go and made it the top selling book that day.

Then as my grateful spirit probed further, she said she is an officer in the U.S Army and came from a military family. Her elder sister has been to Iraq twice and returning there soon. She has been in the U.S. Army for 24 years. She has never been to Africa and Americans warn her to beware of Nigerians. But reading my  book has shown her that Nigeria is the land of gifted writers. And we have the Nobel Prize, Man Booker Prize and other highly coveted prizes to prove the Nigerian genius in modern lietrature.

But none of my so called Nigerian "lovers" or "Nairaland parrots" has even bought a copy of this book and they can swear that they know me even more than the Almighty God who created me. grin

No wonder America is far ahead of Nigeria.

I will appreciate only those who appreciate writers and not those who pay lip service and eye-service on FFA Nigerian forums.

Love me, love my dog.

(1) (Reply)

Writers Wanted: Please Visit Us, Will You? / The Nigerian International Bookfair 2008 / A SHORT STORY:THE COLD WITHIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.