Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns (616 Views)

Japan, India Reject Biden's Comments Describing Countries As Xenophobic / Tim Boyd: Texas Mayor Resigns Over Power Failure And Facebook Post (Photo) / Xenophobic Attacks: Enough Is Enough - President Ramaphosa Of South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by TMKsouth: 8:36am On Oct 22, 2019
Author: TMKsouth

Arguably the most popular city mayor in South Africa, Herman Mashaba has called it quits after running Johannesburg for just 3 years. Mashaba is a self-made millionaire businessman who entered politics a few years ago to rescue the country from Jacob Zuma's misrule.

He is best known for his financial reforms for the city and his clarion call to restore social order in the notoriously dangerous inner-city (CBD). He adopted a tough stance on illegal migration both into the City of Johannesburg and South Africa as a whole, and worked to wrestle back 100s of hijacked buildings which had since fallen into disrepair and had turn into crime and drug dens.

FAMOUS MASHABA QUOTES

1. On Recent Xenophobic Attacks

“There is nothing to apologise for. We have a responsibility to get the president and home affairs to do something. What would anyone want me to apologise for?

“The country owes an official apology to the million unemployed South Africans who are today without jobs as a result of billions of counterfeit goods being brought illegally into the country, killing local manufacturing.”

2. On African Migrants in Johannesburg

“Perhaps the time has come for the South African government to be bold enough to engage with the leaders of each of the nations whose people are here, and ask them what they are doing to improve conditions in their countries so that their citizens no longer see it necessary to enter other countries illegally,”

Mashaba quit as mayor on Monday due to internal squabbles within his political party, the Democratic Alliance (DA). Here's how some South Africans reacted:

Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by beresponsible(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2019
Idiot man we don judge your matter

Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by thesicilian: 8:49am On Oct 22, 2019
MWhen you focus on external factors as the cause of your problems when the true cause is internal, you automatically place yourself on a self destruct mode.
Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by Abfinest007(m): 8:50am On Oct 22, 2019
well done sir

1 Like

Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by Moode(m): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2019
I wish my leaders here in Nigeria can emulate this
Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by Donald95(m): 8:56am On Oct 22, 2019
beresponsible:
Idiot man we don judge your matter

Shut up. He is a man of Honor.

El-rufai on normal ground supposed to resign after those massive killings in South Kaduna But he didn't. Now you know the real Idiot

3 Likes

Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by TMKsouth: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2019
thesicilian:
MWhen you focus on external factors as the cause of your problems when the true cause is internal, you automatically place yourself on a self destruct mode.

Once illegal foreigners enter the country they become an internal problem dude.

1 Like

Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by TMKsouth: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
MASHABA COULD SOON JOIN THE EFF

"The EFF have showered praise upon the DA's Herman Mashaba, after the Johannesburg Mayor resigned on Monday."

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/eff-reaction-herman-mashaba-mayor-will-join-ask/

Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by Jkay187(m): 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
He resigned because he's DA right-wing party don't want clever blacks who seeks to divert resources to the poor, the same happened to Patricia De Lile.

1 Like

Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by TMKsouth: 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
Jkay187:
He resigned because he's DA right-wing party don't want clever blacks who seeks to divert resources to the poor, the same happened to Patricia De Lile.

True dat!
Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by Caseless: 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
Donald95:

Shut up. He is a man of Honor.

El-rufai on normal ground supposed to resign after those massive killings in South Kaduna But he didn't. Now you know the real Idiot
shut up!
Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by Lionessza6(f): 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2019
Jkay187:
He resigned because he's DA right-wing party don't want "clever blacks "who seeks to divert resources to the poor, the same happened to Patricia De Lile.

I fixed the bolded for you grin.

"In all years I have known Helen zille,including reading extensively about her beautiful life ,anyone calling her a racist is actually a racist herself or himself". Hairman Mashaya. grin. He said this in March 2019.

The same Mashaba in October 2019 resignes from the non racial party because of racial tensions spearheaded by the same " struggle icon " herself grin. Clever blacks are some of the most dumbest people on earth I swear grin. They can only fool the blind followers of 702 agents like Redi( miss -Khwezi could have lied about the rape grin) Tlabi, not the majority of Africans.

I'm waiting for the announcement that he will be joining fellow coon - malema " to help rescue the city from capitalists ". grin. Or him fronting a new party with fellow agent phumzile karate-woman and them grin. Satafrica tire me grin. There are idiots who will actually buy this little breakup and feel for these stooges , but like the 0.9% Lekota got in the last elections, theirs will must be worsegrin. Bloody agents of darkness grin.

Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by Lionessza6(f): 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
Lionessza6:

I fixed the bolded for you grin.

"In all years I have known Helen zille,including reading extensively about her beautiful life ,anyone calling her a racist is actually a racist herself or himself". Hairman Mashaya. grin. He said this in March 2019.

The same Mashaba in October 2019 resignes from the non racial party because of racial tensions spearheaded by the same " struggle icon " herself grin. Clever blacks are some of the most dumbest people on earth I swear grin. They can only fool the blind followers of 702 agents like Redi( miss -Khwezi could have lied about the rape grin) Tlabi, not the majority of Africans.

I'm waiting for the announcement that he will be joining fellow coon - malema " to help rescue the city from capitalists ". grin. Or him fronting a new party with fellow agent phumzile karate-woman and them grin. Satafrica tire me grin. There are idiots who will actually buy this little breakup and feel for these stooges , but like the 0.9% Lekota got in the last elections, theirs will must be worsen grin.

By the way has anyone located Mr Obama? grin. He Is MIA grin. I hope the divorce proceedings are not what's keeping him back from addressing the nation grin. We have been waiting to hear from mini Madiba since 3pm grin. Someone please file a missing person's report on behalf of all of us concerned citizens grin. Why did he bring up the cr17 bosasa funding in parliament ?. Doesn't he know when you coon , you must be a good coon and not try and play the masters games? grin. Cyril is the golden boy they have been looking for , what use is this retar'd to them now ? .

Re: Heartbreak As "Xenophobic" Johannesburg Mayor Resigns by Lionessza6(f): 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
Lionessza6:

By the way has anyone located Mr Obama? grin. He Is MIA grin. I hope the divorce proceedings are not what's keeping him back from addressing the nation grin. We have been waiting to hear from mini Madiba from since 3pm grin. Someone please file a missing person's report on behalf of all of us concerned citizens grin. Why did he bring up the cr17 bosasa funding in parliament ?. Doesn't he know when you coon , you must be a good coon and not try and play the masters games? grin. Cyril is the golden boy they have been looking for , what use is this retarded fool to them now ? .

Oh, our man has been found grin." The DA is not the best vehicle to take foward the fight for one SA for all" ..Vusi Mymoney grin.

Oh, shyt shocked. Really?. What about us that voted for them because we were convinced that you were the best leader since Madiba shocked grin. This is a sad day for me and other black people who believed that Zuma and Malema were the ones behind all of our problems and that you were the solution grin grin.

Malema and his gang after realising that they were used by imperialists and they are going to be the next targets .... grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Trump Impeachment Inquiry Hearings Begins / Islamic State Calls Coronavirus "Soldier Of Allah" Threatens Attacks / Trump VS Biden: 2020 US Presidential Election Schedule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.