Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks (25938 Views)

MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) / Banks To Charge You For Recharging Via USSD As From October 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by khvnggift(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
I dont understand.. Can someone explain it to me.. sad
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by blackboy2star(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
Is not mtn nor banks fault but we the masses fault for always ignoring pressing issues that affect us... Buhari abegi strategize with your people and sample us another tax jare... shebi naija is broke and needs money to fund the budget...

2 Likes

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Olammy76(m): 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
Booked
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by tradepunter: 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
I think it's the bank trying to play a fast one on the citizens... MTN did a good job by even saying contact your banks got clarification. Banks are the major criminals because they get bulk of those charges as payment.

Are you a social media or digital marketer? Are you looking for ways to reach out to more customers or clients that will cost you less but make meaningful impact that will lead to returns?

Then you should take advantage of our Bulk whatsApp system. It's a bot specifically designed to enhance the way you never thought you could use whatssApp in area of promotion and advertising.

Post fliers,
Run promotion for your clients
Create brand awareness
Carry out customers feedback operations

Reach us now via whatsapp on 08054775938
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by gift01: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
so mtn been wan run us street format
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Sirbeejay1: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
Quietly Gtbank hv been charging us whenever we use d USSD through recharging and no body complain.
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by GeoAfrikana(m): 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2019
iamswizz:
i believe MTN.. I STAND WITH MTN

Is like you want to be crucified abi?

Kontinu
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
cosby02:
MTN right now
Na sowore Child pix be that?
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by FarahAideed: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
acenazt:
MTN Showing us They are A South African Company. In our own country trying to extort using The names of our banks so boldly. This one is strong

Extort you ? Do you how expensive a session of USSD is ? USSd has never been free so don't let these banks deceive U

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
Alphafeezay:
Just imagine this people playing with us anyhow
They have obviously realized that Nigeria isn't a serious nation, so the need to grab as much as they can while the country still exists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Sonnobax15(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
undecided I think M.T.N is indirectly and impolitely paying us back prior to the xenophobic attacks that transpired of late between Nigeria and the SA...But i trust our govt,dem go soon stone M.T.N management with fine.
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by princeade86(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
acenazt:
MTN Showing us They are A South African Company. In our own country trying to extort using The names of our banks so boldly. This one is strong
and using Nigerians to carry out d cheat

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Michael7274(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2019
I think they are trying to regain their lost during xenophobic attack.
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Alphafeezay(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2019
dilodavid:
They have obviously realized that Nigeria isn't a serious nation, so the need to grab as much as they can while the country still exists.
Honestly
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by maasoap(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2019
Pangea:
Nigeria, a country where anyone can just wake up and defraud others and nothing will happen.
In a saner clime, MTN will be looking at a very hefty fine by now! >: (

What hefty fine? Seem like you didn't read that press release. Let me quote it for you:

In an advertorial, the lenders, acting under the aegis of Body of Bank CEOs said The decision on whether and what amount to charge a customer for accessing USSD is entirely that of the telco in the same way a customer is billed for calls SMS and data.

"MTN is the only telco that is yet to implement end-user billing which is the standard practice for customer initiated transactions.
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Foolishbuhari: 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
MTN did y'all a favor by disclosure! All others have been collecting these charges on a low since and y'all could say nothing!

Truly Nigerians don't know their problems even if it stared them in the eyes

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
I ported to etis from mtn since 2015 due data inefficiency.I hope they are good now Sha

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Cblessing(m): 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
The only reason the foreign owned telcos have not killed Nigerians with cut-throat tarrifs and other charges is Globacom.

If Glo is not in the picture, other telcos in Nigeria would have extorted Nigerians to no end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by iyatrustee(f): 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
MTN has always charged me N5 per transaction anytime I use my Union Bank USSD and this has been going on for close to 2years.

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by maasoap(m): 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
khvnggift:
I dont understand..
Can someone explain it to me..
sad

In an advertorial, the lenders, acting under the aegis of Body of Bank CEOs said The decision on whether and what amount to charge a customer for accessing USSD is entirely that of the telco in the same way a customer is billed for calls SMS and data.

"MTN is the only telco that is yet to implement end-user billing which is the standard practice for customer initiated transactions.

Banks are simply saying MTN and other TelCos should be charging customers fairly when using USSD. That Telcos don't need any go ahead from banks, that it should be between Telcos and bank customers, that network providers shouldn't drag them into this issue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by maasoap(m): 2:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
Foolishbuhari:
MTN did y'all a favor by disclosure! All others have been collecting these charges on a low since and y'all could say nothing!

Truly Nigerians don't know their problems even if it stared them in the eyes

Man, I love you for this post of yours. Many didn't even understand what they're reading and discussing here. Yet, you see them saying MTN is in trouble, MTN is a thief. Even when the Body of Banks CEOs said that MTN is the only network that has not started charging banks customers for using USSD.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Sholaco: 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
acenazt:
grin
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by Drosonogasta(m): 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
MAGU
How dem call dis wan?
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by 9jaRealist: 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
acenazt:

Enough of our own xenophobia! MTN Nigeria is a Nigerian company (a subsidiary of South Africa’s MTN Group) incorporated in Nigeria under the Corporate Affairs Commission with many Nigerian shareholders, and is now listed and publicly-traded on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
>

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by ForkDragnet: 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
Why focusing on MTN alone, even AIRTEL charges for ussd too, I recharged via ussd and I was charge about 12naira per each phase

AIRTEL AIRTEL AIRTEL

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by GIFTEDPLANNERS(m): 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2019
MAKE UNA HELP LINK ME WITH EVENT JOBS O O O.

EVENT PLANNING AND EVENT MANAGEMENT
EVENT DECORATION
INTERIOR DECORATION
CAKE
CATERING
SMALL CHOPS / COCKTAIL DRINKS
USHERING / PROTOCOL PROVIDER
BOUNCERS
VIDEO AND PHOTO COVERAGE ( WITH DRONE)
PRINTING PRESS JOBS. (GIFT BAG, JOTTER, ETC)

*I PLAN WEDDING AND END OF YEAR PARTY FOR COUPLES AND SCHOOLS FREE OF CHARGE*

PLS LINK ME UP WITH YOUR FRIENDS OR GROUPS IN ANY CITY. I DELIVER MY JOBS IN ANY CITY OF CLIENTS.

08068829626...... GIFTED PLANNERS
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by cosby02(m): 3:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Na sowore Child pix be that?
Who's Sowore?
Re: We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks by alaira(m): 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
I don't know why MTN is always cheating Nigerians. They can't do such in South Africa. angry sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Things You Need To Know About The Tecno L9plus / How To Configure Your Phone To Access The Internet / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.