Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job (29726 Views)

5 Great Work-from-home Jobs You Can Do While Job Hunting / 15 Jobs You Can Do From Home / 7 Great Jobs You Can Easily Do From Home And Get Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by CotenantNIG: 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hi

lets look at Jobs you can do before that dream job arrive,

ill you use a quote from the scriptures which says

Psalm 1:3
And in whatever he does, he prospers.

There are a lot of jobs that people can do but wont do because they don't look dignifying , believe me there are no dirty jobs anywhere but lazy people every where.

Some of this jobs don't need certificates some need just your skills. ill be using skills more on this post

Driver
Driving is a skill, me for example cant drive
According to Taxify, you can earn ₦70,000 weekly using your car for taxify. if you have a car and still complain about not having a job sorry is your name, you can use uber and taxify simultaneously and earn money. some of the taxify drivers have meet are always neatly dressed, it was more cool when i meet a female uber driver.
Do you have a car or your parents have a car collect it from them and start the car hailing services and make money doing it, I would have said uncle and aunties car but many of us have bad reputation with our extended family i would have encouraged you going to them, sign an agreement and they give you their car ,you guys share profit.
Notable companies to use their company uber and taxify, their process are very straight forward equally you can work as a driver for Obus, schools etc

Bike Rider
Opay says you can earn ₦200,000 monthly being a biker on their platform, with the mass exodus of riders from gokada and max to opay i believe its true. if you are a good bike rider join opay and start riding bikes , the best thing about this is that people wont even see your face because of the helmet you would be wearing. its better than been at home all day doing nothing, you don't know who you would carry one day that would like your personality and would like to know more about you.

Real Estate Consultant
This is easy just go to the nearest real estate firm near and tell them you want to join them. you would be sharing commission with them, you just have to be wise so you don't get cheated when you bring in a client to rent or buy a property. its actually easy to get clients to rent properties online , just always post your properties on Facebook (Facebook is the fastest way to get clients to rent a property).
You can earn ₦15,000 per week through commission

Freelance Writer
Companies pay thousands of Naira to write articles for them, just tell them you can help them put their business on google first page they would jump on you. writing articles help boost website seo alot, so alot of companies know the importance of seo.
You can earn ₦25,000 per post

Web Designer
Their is a difference between web designer and web developer.
A Web designer is someone who prepares content for the Web. This role is mainly related to the styling and layout of pages with content, including text and images. Web designers use many technologies but commonly rely on wordpress ,joomla much skills are not needed for this at all.
You can earn ₦50,000 per web project

Errand Man/Women
I know of a lady that earn ₦5,000 daily, running errands for people in Ibadan. shes a graduate of university of Ibadan, but since she has no job, she printed fliers shared it around and now she run errands for people. that's a wise lady

Apartment Sharing
Apartment sharing means renting out an empty room in your apartment to workers near your apartment or travellers, on Co-Tenant people earn as much as ₦1,500 daily renting out a room in their apartment. equally it works if you cant pay your full rent any more, you can find people to join you to pay rent

Notable Jobs
Delivery
Laundry
Mechanic
Email Marketer
Transporter
Trainer

https://cotenant.ng/2019/10/22/jobs-you-can-do-before-you-get-your-dream-job/

add your dirty job you do too

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by CotenantNIG: 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Co-Tenant
Earn Around ₦70,000 Per Week
Short-Letting A Room in Your Apartment to Travelers from United States, Canada,Europe and Asia, Who are in Nigeria for work or Holidays For a Short Period

https://cotenant.ng/register/
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by CotenantNIG: 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
Apartment Sharing
Apartment sharing means renting out an empty room in your apartment to workers near your apartment or travellers, on Co-Tenant people earn as much as ₦1,500 daily renting out a room in their apartment. equally it works if you cant pay your full rent any more, you can find people to join you to pay rent

Get started below
https://cotenant.ng/register/
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by ladilawal82(m): 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
Cool
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by CotenantNIG: 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
ladilawal82:
Cool

thanks lalasticlala great post

1 Like

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by softplaceng: 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
nice post bro

1 Like

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by CotenantNIG: 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by aminusodiq(m): 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
very nice post @o.p ..... one of d best ways is to have a marketable skill which have an average capital investment!!! even after landing ones dream job, one can still practice ones skill!! ...it's a win win!!!
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by CotenantNIG: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
aminusodiq:
very nice post @o.p ..... one of d best ways is to have a marketable skill which have an average capital investment!!! even after landing ones dream job, one can still practice ones skill!! ...it's a win win!!!

Yes their are working class still doing uber

Lalasticlala
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by oogbiko(m): 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
Freelancw

1 Like

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by 9jamag(m): 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
Cumtroller:
Prostitution
Hahahahahahaha, no chill gang grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
Op you are right about the jobs, and you've done a great job yourself.

However, I think your figures are somewhat exaggerated. While writing to empower unemployed people, tell them the truth and don't make them go into businesses with the aim of earning certain amounts only to be disappointed.

I don't know about Gokada and Biking and Taxify and co, but I'm sure you don't easily earn 200K bike-riding.

About web development, it depends on your package, skills, platform and portfolio before you can earn up to 50K per web project. Web dev is now so rampant that clients will price us 20K for a full website with back-end dev and everything. Your portfolio and skill is what puts you on top to earn over 50K, but you need to build up a full skillet first. On foreign platforms, you can win a long-term contract of $5K to develop a website for 5 months, but for facing clients physically, you need packaging.

For freelance writing, you can actually earn up to 50K per article, but it doesn't work like that. It's not easy to waltz into a place and claim you can write the company onto the world map. You write through platforms such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Kindle. On Upwork you can bid for a $200 short story job or a $20 web article. On Fiverr, you're pulled from a skill pool.

There are other skills. Digital marketing, graphic design, data science and so on. Learn something and be good at it. Keep it up OP.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by sylve11: 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
@ op, nice one.......

If you have a good working car with no wife or kids to take care of, trust me, you can make half a million naira in 3 months as driver with either Uber or Taxify. cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by naijadrivablog: 4:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
cool
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by bukhety(f): 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2019
Nice one
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by rawpadgin(m): 4:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
In erigga voice

Make u wise up o brother
Make u rise up from ur slumber

The truth be say nobody send u
Every aboki man with him kettle
That ur chairman fit nor help u
Everybody get e own issue yea yea

If u nor wan use that ur headpan
Everyday u dey walk about
Owu go be ur paddy man o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by 7pages(m): 4:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
nice post Op

when I came back from service with the little amount I save because of the high standard of living where I served and spending due to lack of job. I attended a driving school because i tried killing the jobless spirit in me, I went to driving school with the money I saved, did driver's license with the rest of the money

but since I finished with the driving school over a year now, I didn't see any car to drive at least to rehearse what I have learnt and my driver's license I did then expired next year June without making use of it.

expert here, what do you suggest I do though I tried getting a loan of 300k to get a used car from a private user that I can use around Ikeja axis but all my effort prove abortive. I need serious orientation and enlightenment please

5 Likes

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Pabloosas(m): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
Cool.
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by hidhrhis(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2019
selling sim card
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by sawdi: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
sylve11:
@ op, nice one.......

If you have a good working car with no wife or kids to take care of, trust me, you can make half a million naira in 3 months as driver with either Uber or Taxify. cool

I really need to learn to drive. Even if I do I don't really know my way around Lagos. #Face palm.
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Realfrankie(m): 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
CotenantNIG:
Hi

lets look at Jobs you can do before that dream job arrive,

ill you use a quote from the scriptures which says

Psalm 1:3
And in whatever he does, he prospers.

There are a lot of jobs that people can do but wont do because they don't look dignifying , believe me there are no dirty jobs anywhere but lazy people every where.

Some of this jobs don't need certificates some need just your skills. ill be using skills more on this post

Driver
Driving is a skill, me for example cant drive
According to Taxify, you can earn ₦70,000 weekly using your car for taxify. if you have a car and still complain about not having a job sorry is your name, you can use uber and taxify simultaneously and earn money. some of the taxify drivers have meet are always neatly dressed, it was more cool when i meet a female uber driver.
Do you have a car or your parents have a car collect it from them and start the car hailing services and make money doing it, I would have said uncle and aunties car but many of us have bad reputation with our extended family i would have encouraged you going to them, sign an agreement and they give you their car ,you guys share profit.
Notable companies to use their company uber and taxify, their process are very straight forward equally you can work as a driver for Obus, schools etc

Bike Rider
Opay says you can earn ₦200,000 monthly being a biker on their platform, with the mass exodus of riders from gokada and max to opay i believe its true. if you are a good bike rider join opay and start riding bikes , the best thing about this is that people wont even see your face because of the helmet you would be wearing. its better than been at home all day doing nothing, you don't know who you would carry one day that would like your personality and would like to know more about you.

Real Estate Consultant
This is easy just go to the nearest real estate firm near and tell them you want to join them. you would be sharing commission with them, you just have to be wise so you don't get cheated when you bring in a client to rent or buy a property. its actually easy to get clients to rent properties online , just always post your properties on Facebook (Facebook is the fastest way to get clients to rent a property).
You can earn ₦15,000 per week through commission

Freelance Writer
Companies pay thousands of Naira to write articles for them, just tell them you can help them put their business on google first page they would jump on you. writing articles help boost website seo alot, so alot of companies know the importance of seo.
You can earn ₦25,000 per post

Web Designer
Their is a difference between web designer and web developer.
A Web designer is someone who prepares content for the Web. This role is mainly related to the styling and layout of pages with content, including text and images. Web designers use many technologies but commonly rely on wordpress ,joomla much skills are not needed for this at all.
You can earn ₦50,000 per web project

Errand Man/Women
I know of a lady that earn ₦5,000 daily, running errands for people in Ibadan. shes a graduate of university of Ibadan, but since she has no job, she printed fliers shared it around and now she run errands for people. that's a wise lady

Apartment Sharing

Notable Jobs
Delivery
Laundry
Mechanic
Email Marketer
Transporter
Trainer

https://cotenant.ng/2019/10/22/jobs-you-can-do-before-you-get-your-dream-job/

add your dirty job you do too

200k a month for riding a bike
I disagree unless other bikers will allow you to work alone.

Remember the bike will always develope fault in the course of frequent usage

1 Like

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by gtech2sure: 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
sawdi:

I really need to learn to drive. Even if I do I don't really know my way around Lagos. #Face palm.
Walahi this is my problem too.
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by sawdi: 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
gtech2sure:

cry
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by gtech2sure: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
sawdi:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"N-Power" FG Introduces Job Creation Initiative / Graduate Trainees Needed At Consolidated Breweries Plc August 2013 / What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.