Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? (29746 Views)

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by meedoLock(m): 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2022
So, I've been thinking about this for a longer while now, then I came across a similar discussion on a platform. Hence I feel like I should share it with you guys.

As we all know there are a whole lot of insecurities going on in Nigeria now, just that we mostly narrow it down to life insecurity alone, which I believe our present predicament is way beyond.

Amongst them are food insecurity, life insecurity, marriage insecurity, properties insecurity, job insecurity and the list goes on and on.

But my area of interest is that of a job insecurity. As we all know how scholars, most especially graduates struggles to meet the end needs as a result of an increasing unemployment index from time to time at the expense of the commoners, the less connected individuals and the likes.

However, I have seen a graduate earned as low as 7k to 10k. And they held on to the job since their are no forthcoming opportunities to subtitute with.

So, what responsibility would that ridiculous salary cater for in this present economy? Or for how long would the person keep suffering and enduring the chain of time with 7 to 10k?. These are the questions I keep asking myself.

So, without streching this write up too far, I would like to ask this:

What’s the worst salary you’ve seen a graduate earn?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by HUSTLER001: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2022
Lol grin. I remember when I used to work in a private school after nysc. I was in one rickety bus heading to school one day when the driver decided to inflate the fare. I argued with the driver over the fare only for him to assess me from up to down and conclude I'm a mere teacher that earns a paltry #20,000. He actually said it to a passenger that sat beside him. Of a truth,I was earning #23,000 that time. But I thank God I'm moving up bit by bit now. I earn #75,000 where I teach now and if i include home lessons,I make #100,000+

287 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by lecowas: 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2022
How can someone who earn 10k manage to do data, eat, transport. Nigeria is bad o, very bad

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Emmannn101(m): 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2022
HUSTLER001:
Lol grin. I remember when I used to work in a private school after nysc. I was in one rickety bus heading to school one day when the driver decided to inflate the fair. I argued with the driver over the fair only for him to assess me from up to down and conclude I'm a mere teacher that earns a paltry #20,000. He actually said it to a passenger that sat beside him. Of a truth,I was earning #23,000 that time. But I thank God I'm moving up bit by bit now. I earn #75,000 where I teach now and if i include home lessons,I make #100,000+

Whao, this is a great testimony. I am a teacher too and I earn 30k. Can you please link me up with your school if there is vacancy. I base in Lagos. Thanks

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Les: 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2022
7k!!! Me when I worked as a bar cleaner!
I'm still not better off and this is a cry for help.
If you have something good for an agric graduate, lemme know abeg! sad

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by uthlaw: 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2022
E no go pass that useless teaching jobs!

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by dopedan(m): 7:32pm On Apr 27, 2022
Urgent 2k

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by marwanafrica: 7:46pm On Apr 27, 2022
HUSTLER001:
Lol grin. I remember when I used to work in a private school after nysc. I was in one rickety bus heading to school one day when the driver decided to inflate the fair. I argued with the driver over the fair only for him to assess me from up to down and conclude I'm a mere teacher that earns a paltry #20,000. He actually said it to a passenger that sat beside him. Of a truth,I was earning #23,000 that time. But I thank God I'm moving up bit by bit now. I earn #75,000 where I teach now and if i include home lessons,I make #100,000+

bro how do u guys get a school that pay 75k as a salary?

47 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by marwanafrica: 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2022
please who are those from kaduna State?

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by HUSTLER001: 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
marwanafrica:

bro how do u guys get a school that pay 75k as a salary?
It's here on the mainland. Check highbrow areas.

35 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by marwanafrica: 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2022
HUSTLER001:
It's here on the mainland. Check highbrow areas.

no vecx for me where exactly is highbrow areas?

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Kingkyle1(m): 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2022
marwanafrica:

Exquisite, rich areas

22 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by HUSTLER001: 11:04pm On Apr 27, 2022
marwanafrica:

Bode Thomas,surulere; Aguda,Anthony village, Sabo yaba... I'll do a list of good schools on the mainland tomorrow. Be patient.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by marwanafrica: 11:28pm On Apr 27, 2022
HUSTLER001:
Bode Thomas,surulere; Aguda,Anthony village, Sabo yaba... I'll do a list of good schools on the mainland tomorrow. Be patient.
ok but i stay in kaduna not lagos i will have apply

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
.... a Teacher with a primary school on NAIRALAND once told me he/she takes home about #7000 per month... I nearly collapsed that day!

Sometimes you don't know what you have in Life until you lose it.
With the level of financial exposure I have had, I can vividly say money guarantees FUN, but not entirely peace of mind. However, POVERTY doesn't guarantee such either.

In fact, POVERTY is worse!

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by uthlaw: 12:09am On Apr 28, 2022
marwanafrica:
ok but i stay in kaduna not lagos i will have apply
apply dambo,adeyemo college,uncle baddo!

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Benbisco(f): 12:09am On Apr 28, 2022
After my NYSC way back in 2004, I was teaching in a private secondary school and earning N12,000. My dad's security that was opening the gate for me and greeting me "welcome" whenever I returned from work was earning N18,000.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Merisbankie(m): 12:52am On Apr 28, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
.... a Teacher with a primary school on NAIRALAND once told me he/she takes home about #7000 per month... I nearly collapsed that day!

Sometimes you don't know what you have in Life until you lose it.
With the level of financial exposure I have had, I can vividly say money guarantees FUN, but not entirely peace of mind. However, POVERTY doesn't guarantee such either.

In fact, POVERTY is worse!
that's #350 per day

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by marwanafrica: 1:00am On Apr 28, 2022
uthlaw:
apply dambo,adeyemo college,uncle baddo!

i read BSC Geography and they prefer Bed

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by falcon01: 1:35am On Apr 28, 2022
15k 2019

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by hakeemhakeem(m): 2:44am On Apr 28, 2022
Les:

As agric graduate you don't know what to do,if na play stop am o

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by talk2hb1(m): 4:47am On Apr 28, 2022
I guess a time will come whereby, the decision to registering a pupil in any school will be based on the school teachers salary.

I won't want someone I entrust the future of my child to, to be earning peanuts salary.
Teaching job is unappreciated in this country

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by dhardline(m): 7:09am On Apr 28, 2022
Nigeria is really hard for a lot of people I must tell you!

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Bukola94: 7:32am On Apr 28, 2022
Les:
go into farming with the latest agricultural practice. get loan and go into poultry, fishing and animal rearing. u will make a lot of profits from it. Don't depends on salary jobs. simply go into farming. best of luck

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by hope4nigeria(m): 7:38am On Apr 28, 2022
HUSTLER001:
God bless your husle bro.

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by HUSTLER001: 7:43am On Apr 28, 2022
hope4nigeria:
God bless your husle bro.
God bless you too bro

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Ugoc3(m): 9:14am On Apr 28, 2022
Npower stpiden

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Samfloxin(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2022
5 k in 2008 teaching in private school

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by nicerod(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2022
N12000

At a business center here in Lagos

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 28, 2022
Samfloxin:
5 k in 2008 teaching in private school
Are you serious?
A teacher? cry cry cry cry
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Internet22: 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bukola94:

go into farming with the latest agricultural practice. get loan and go into poultry, fishing and animal rearing. u will make a lot of profits from it. Don't depends on salary jobs. simply go into farming. best of luck

You all believe farming is that easy undecided both poultry and fish farming are just time wasting, you won't make profit. grin

26 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by edoman2016: 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
Internet22:

You all believe farming is that easy undecided both poultry and fish farming are just time wasting, you won't make profit. grin

As in ehh! Poultry and fish farming is overrated. Too many losses

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? / Did Anyone Received This Message From Union Bank / Dragnet Aptitude Test