Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Sterling And Aguero Stars For Mancherster City Last Night. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sterling And Aguero Stars For Mancherster City Last Night. (201 Views)

Arsenal Vs Man City: Last Night, Erling Haaland Played Like A Champion / Joel Obi Set For Eagles Return, Stars For Torino Vs Juve / Aguero Involved In A Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sterling And Aguero Stars For Mancherster City Last Night. by santos876(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2019
Manchester city came from behind last night to defeat Atalanta last night in their group c Champions league fixture by as much as five goals.

Man city now sits on top of their group with nine points after playing three games.Aguero netted a brace while Raheem Sterling got a hat trick and an assist as Manchester City move closer in securing their Champions league group stage qualification.

Ruslan Malinovsky opened the score line with a spot kick at the 28'min putting Atalanta in front of the game in what seem to them like a possible first win in their Champions league group games,But Sergio Aguero's brace brought their high hopes crumbling down.

Aguero netted his first for the game at the 34'min and doubled the lead at 38'min through a spot kick won by Sterling.Raheem Sterling then took it up from there,scoring a treble in the space of 11 minutes for city.

City's youngster Phil Foden secured a red card at the dying minutes of the game,and he won't be making the trip with the team to Milan(San Siro).That's the only disappointment City will have to deal with after last night's game.

Pep Guardiola still trust and has high hopes in Phil Foden.The 19 year old made his second start of the season for the citizens,impressing in midfield as his side trashed the Italian outfit 5-1 with the help of Sergio Aguero and Raheem Starling

Pep,speaking in his post match conference was confident and full of praise for the teenager.

'He doesn't need to improve anything to me"Pep said.

"I was the guy who said to him in the academy come here to play with us.There is nobody who trusts Phil more than i do,i'm the boss-i decides who plays".

"We taught it was a game he would have more opportunities to run on the counter attack".
"phil has the qualities to be box-box,at speed.That was the reason why he played,a tactical decision".

"He's a young guy,still a lot to improve.But it is important.Last season in one of the biggest we had played against Tottenham,he played so good and today as well".

"He will learn,never fine for a player to be sent off,unless it is for a stupid thing not something that is part of the game"

"He'll know that after one yellow card you have to be careful.There are things still where he is far from David silva,far away from Gundogan and far away from kevin".

"He has to live this situation with a yellow card and be careful".

"Absolutely,i will not fine him,maybe i have to pay him for how well he played.

City will fully secure a group c qualification in Milan in two weeks,and that will be their seventh year consecutive group stage qualification.

see full details; kick1o1..com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Moreira: Den Bosch Apologise For 'crow Sounds' Statement / Unai Emery’s Exit Not A Surprise For Arsenal Fans / Fati Signs New Barca Deal With €170m Buy-out Clause

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.