Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

The Flower Girl Episode 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Flower Girl Episode 2 (834 Views)

The Flower Girl Episode / The Flower Girl Episode 5 / The Flower Girl Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Flower Girl Episode 2 by Defavouredkings(m): 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
Obele and his family were done with the Morning Prayers and were busy doing the morning chores. Mma, as her father fondly calldd her, was not in a hurry because she had been sent home a fortnight ago from school as a result of non-payment of school fees.

Her going back to school for her studies was still up in the air. Her father, Obele, was almost set to leave for his farm. He had tidied all his implements together and as well dressed in his usual farming attire.

“Mma, since you no longer go to school, you have to join me in the fa-fa-fa-farm today;” her father who looked tattered in his attire stammered as he ordered her. “Papa, does it mean I will no longer go to school again?”

“Do-do-do-do you want me to-to-to steal to send you to school?”

“But papa, my mates that are in school, do their parents steal to keep them in school? I don’t like staying at home any longer.”

Ndudi was not comfortable with the dialogue ensuing between Chidimma and her father. She got browned off and walked out of the kitchen in a haste to join in the natter.

“Nna anyi, Chidimma must go back to school. Two of us have to gather some money for her school fees. Mama Chisom has just paid me for the hair plaiting which I did to her couple of days ago. I am willing to bring the money out and join it with yours. I think it can solve the problem at least half way.”

“And do you think I have any thing now to-to-to offer? I have used all I have to buy few yam si-si-seedlings which have been sown into the soil to replace the one swept away by floe; few wi-wi-weeks ago.”

click here for full story: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-2/

(1) (Reply)

Observation Of An Everyday Guy / Im Searching. . . . . . / If U Had A Chance 2 Dine Wit A World Class Author, Who Wud Dat B?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.