Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

The Flower Girl Episode - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Flower Girl Episode (2628 Views)

The Flower Girl Episode 5 / The Flower Girl Episode 2 / The Flower Girl Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 1

Heavy rain had fallen in Oseh community that popular Nkwo market day, and it was the first rain of the year, bringing a protracted dry season to a sudden stop Chidimma was home alone. Her parents, Obele and Ndudi, had not returned from the market.

Before that first rain, the.t was a long stretch of severe droUght and it was one of the worst droughts ever: no water, no food. People, therefore, longed and prayed for the rain, and at last, it came. The arrival of the first rain had never come and gone in Oseh without stories to tell, mostly sad news. It was. often characterised by squally showers that had so many times left the community with stories of loss of lives or properties.

It all started with howling wind which kept everyone on the run, then followed by the rain that dropped like the stones of snow. And it rained c.a.t and dog as if the doors of heavens were thrown open. Lightning and thunderstorms made it more dreadful.

When the heavy rainfall finally abated, some elderly people started coring out as usual to ascertain the damages caused by the rain. Some pathways that were earlier deserted as a result of the rainfall had begun to play host to some people who had come out of their hiding places to either return to their homes or continue on their journeys.

Chidmma had rushed to ukwu ugiri to pick some ugiri fruits not taking note of the havoc the rain had done to her father’s barn. Two women, Mmachi and Obinwa were returning from Maazi Akpunku’s house: where they went to sympathise with the family on the destruction inflicted upon them by the thunderstorm, which had cut a huge branch of an orji tree and had thrown it on top of the roof of their building leaving the house in rack and ruin.

For the full story: click https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-1/

1 Like

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 2

Obele and his family were done with the Morning Prayers and were busy doing the morning chores. Mma, as her father fondly calldd her, was not in a hurry because she had been sent home a fortnight ago from school as a result of non-payment of school fees.

Her going back to school for her studies was still up in the air. Her father, Obele, was almost set to leave for his farm. He had tidied all his implements together and as well dressed in his usual farming attire.

“Mma, since you no longer go to school, you have to join me in the fa-fa-fa-farm today;” her father who looked tattered in his attire stammered as he ordered her. “Papa, does it mean I will no longer go to school again?”

“Do-do-do-do you want me to-to-to steal to send you to school?”

“But papa, my mates that are in school, do their parents steal to keep them in school? I don’t like staying at home any longer.”

Ndudi was not comfortable with the dialogue ensuing between Chidimma and her father. She got browned off and walked out of the kitchen in a haste to join in the natter.

“Nna anyi, Chidimma must go back to school. Two of us have to gather some money for her school fees. Mama Chisom has just paid me for the hair plaiting which I did to her couple of days ago. I am willing to bring the money out and join it with yours. I think it can solve the problem at least half way.”

“And do you think I have any thing now to-to-to offer? I have used all I have to buy few yam si-si-seedlings which have been sown into the soil to replace the one swept away by floe; few wi-wi-weeks ago.”

click here for full story: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-2/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 3

The kola arrived and the prayer stammered. Chibueze declined chewing a piece given to him, rather he put it inside his pocket promising to take it home.

As Obele was busy chewing his. he engaged Chibueze in further discussion.

“We got the news down here that they bombed America. Is that true?”

“Yes, it is. It was indeed a tough one and a black day for Americans.”

“The way we received the news here, we thought that everybody in America was killed in the bomb blast…”

“No, no, no. America is such a big country that destroying it a day is impossible. They said that it was Osama,Bin Laden that perpetrated that evil act.”

“Osa, is osa not a wild animal’s name? How come did it get to America?”

Chibueze laughed. “No Osama is a human.. It is a Muslim name.”

“But will you still go back to that America?”

“Yes, I will. Even with the bomb in America, America is still better than Nigeria. I parked my car in Ukoli because there is no motorable road in Oseh. In America, there ate tarred roads everywhere and there is adequate power supply quite unlike here in Oseh where there is no single tarred road not to talk of electricity. Once I am through with my wedding, I and my wife will be off…”

Ndudi’s re-entrance to take her own portion of kolanut interrupted Chibueze. He waited to allow her pick her own cut of kolanut and get settled on her seat. And that done, Chibueze continued.

“I have come to appeal to you to please release Chidimma for me on the day of my wedding. I want her to be My flower girl. That’s why I am here.”

full story here: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-3/

1 Like

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 4

Chibueze’s wedding over, and he went back to US with his wife, Oluorna. Also with Chibueze was the video recorder of all the activities that occurred during the wedding ceremony among which was the role Chidimma played as the flowergirl. When the video record was played in the United States, Chibueze’s allies were captivated by Chidimma’s wonderful performance. They all watched her with admiration and wanted to see her in person.

“You should have brought this girl along with you to the United States,” said by the first person, Scott.

“I tried but her parents refused,” replied Chibueze.

“You should have tried harder.”

“She is their only child.”

“I would have wanted her to be trained as a model.” It was the second person, Danny, talking.

“And she must be a good model because she possesses the qualities needed,” Oluorna cutting in.

“She will earn her parents much money through modelling because African models are hot cakes here,” added Scott. .

“But that’s not what she needs now. I think I have done for her what she needs at the moment. I have given her scholarship to get good education first which is the basic thing in the life of every child.”

“That’s good. I commend you for that,” Scott remarked.

“So when are we expecting her?” asked Danny.

“It is not in my powers to say that, Of course, I am not her parents.”

“Do you think that taking that girl out of that village is easy? Villagers, not even the parents, will not allow you take her out,” Oluoma hinted, “because she is jealously guarded.”

“How?”

“Everyone in the village wants Chidimma to be the flower girl in their wedding ceremonies. They book her in turn to get her feature in their weddings.”

“Can you imagine!” Scott amazed.

“That means I too can now begin to book her for my own wedding in two years’ time,” joked Danny.

“By then she must have overgrown the age of a flower girl,” replied Oluoma.

Chibueze’s two white friends: Scott and Danny, respectively, enjoyed a lot of African cultural practices which were covered in the video during the wedding ceremony. First was the wonderful attire of Igbo people which ranged from red cap to isi-agu dress adored with traditionally decorated hand fan for the ichies and odu-enyi for their lolos. Chibueze’s wedding was indeed a colourful one because the World and his wife attended it.

The breaking of kolanut and the movement of palm wine here and there gave the wedding a befitting Igbo setting. Traditional dancing groups and other ceremonial rites added colour to the event. These were what kept Scott and Danny’s eyes glued to the television set in the four-hour video documentary. Scott and his friend saw Igbos as happy people whose culture was happily cerebrated and jealously cherished.

Throughout the period of watching the video tape, Chibueze was busy explaining the meanings of some Igbo words and phrases as mentioned by the elders, which Scott and his friend, Danny, were so inquisitive to ask what their meanings were. Such Igbo words and phrases included nkwu elu, iwa oji, ose oji, igba akwukwo, igba nkwu, ilu nwaanyi, ime ego, ndi ogo, igba egwu, itu ego, ida ego, unmada, umunna, ikwu na ibe, and so on.

Read Also THE FLOWER GIRL EPISODE 6
Nneka and Chidimma were once two good friends who met each other when both were knee high to a grasshopper. They were schooling at Central School, Ukoli. Chidimma had to trek daily to Ukoli because there was no school in Oseh. Both were in the same class and they at tiMes used to do their class assignments together, especially when Chidimma could not do hers alone. Nneka who had a bent for Mathematics was more intelligent than Chidimma who only had a nodding acquaintance with the subject. They really were apples and oranges.

Their friendship came up as a result of the fact that both parents were childhood friends too. They, Mmachi and Ndudi, also got married at the same time arid as well had their first born at the same month though Nneka was Chidimma’s senior by half a dozen days.

Ndudi had watched Nneka’s character closely and was dissatisfied. She, therefore, advised her daughter to keep Nneka at arms length to avoid getting herself spoilt. Chidimma equally agreed with her mother because she herself also believed that Nneka was indeed a rotten apple having seen how she mingled carelessly with men, especially those that often lured her into sin.

Chidimma never fancied such character and because of that she began to keep her at a distance, their only meeting point being only at the study class. At times, Chidimma would have to tackle the assignments alone in order to avoid contact with Nneka.

One day, Chidimma was tackling an assignment in algebra given to her by their new teacher. It took her all day but she couldn’t achieve any success and that left her with no other option than to start heading to Nneka’s house. Her mother also agreed to that when Chidimma stressed that her new teacher would not take it lightly with her if she failed to Submit the assignment the next day. Ndudi wished she was educated so that she would be helping her daughter to do her home work.

The journey to Nneka’s house would take about fifteen minutes from Chidimma’s house. Oseh, being a bushy area, had a higgledy-piggledy collection of local buildings of which Nneka’s and Chidimma’s were among. Both houses were separated by three other houses and connected by a zigzag pathway which passed through the centre of a thick forest. Chidimma had gotten closer to Nneka’s house when she heard her name mentioned. She stood still to be sure Of what she heard. It was the gay end of Mmachi’s.voice lashing it on Nneka.

“. .Ewu!. Do you ever look at how your friend, Chidimma, behaves. Have you ever seen that girl with any man, despite her beauty? How many times have you seen her collect money from men? Has she ever in your frill glaring eyes used her. God-given beauty to seduce men in order to trap them? She is still a virgin, I believe, but I know you are not any longer.

Look at how people rally around her begging her to be their flower girl. How many people have come here to ask of you? Look at how happy her parents are, not minding that she is the only child. All you do is nothing but to cause me persistent headaches. Must I die because I gave birth to you, Nneka? It is not me that will die but you…

Read Also THE FLOWER GIRL EPISODE 14

” Another voice was heard from the background, forcing the other voice to a mute.

“The reason why I came by myself is to know why you have refused to come to The school in person to answer the headmaster since this is the third day your daughter was asked to produce her parents,” said the second

“She did not tell me. Ask her if she ever told me that she had any problem with the school. This idiot did not tell me anything…

“Please don’t call her idiot. Take it easy with her. What you owe this girl is proper home training, not showering her with curses. Nneka is a very intelligent chap but the nigger in the wood pie was that she is a flirt.”

“But her father must kill her today when he comes back. I will no longer protect her from her father’s mgbajara again. I done that enough. Nneka must hear nwii today.”

The voice Chidimma heard was like that of her teacher and that made her hide behind a cashew tree close to the backyard of Nneka’s house. She had to remain there until her teacher took her exit.

Nneka’s teacher had earlier brought a report to her mother about the case Nneka had with a male pupil in the school whose name was Nwanna. Nwanna’s mother had reported to her son’s teacher that Nwanna had stolen her money and had refused to bring it back. The amount which was three hundred and fifty naira was stolen from Nwanna’s mother’s save.

Nwanna had lied to his mother that he used the money to pay for a book which his teacher was yet to give him. It was when he failed to produce the book after many days that his mother decided to toe the path of the school to ascertain the real truth of the matter.

There was never a time the new teacher sold any book to the pupils.. This infuriated the teacher that she went up in the air and began to beat hell out of Nwanna not minding the presence of his mother and not even giving him room to defend himself from the accusation. It was in the course of beating him that the truth came out.

“Aunty, please, let me say the truth,” cried Nwanna, bawling and blubbing.

“Oya, say the truth. What did you do with the money?”

“I gave it to Nneka.”

“You gave it to whom?”

“Nneka!”

“Which Nneka?”

Nneka was in the class at that moment and was highly prepared to defend.herself. Nneka vowed.never to agree that she collected any money. Even some of the money which was the remnant from the bulk sum was still with her. She had earlier brought it out from her bag and put it inside her under pants. Nwanna pointed his finger at Nneka who was already trying to hide her face.

Read Also THE FLOWER GIRL EPISODE 3

“Nneka stand up!” ordered her teacher.

Nneka stood up but was not physically fidgeting. Rather her eye balls were fully round, moving here and there.

“Did this riff-raff give you any money?”

“No aunty!”

“Aunty, she is lying!” cried Nwanna, snivelling.

“Is you that are lying,” replied Nneka instantly.

“Bu if it is true that you gave her the money, what culminated into giving her the money?” inquired the teacher looking at Nwanna.

“Aunty she didn’t give me any money.” replied Nneka curtly in order to stop Nwanna from spilling the beans.

The teacher, looking crossly at Nneka, said, “To hell with that your hocus-pocus because I didn’t direct the question to you. So keep your dirty mouth shut,” she huffed irritably.

“Nwanna, why did you give Nneka the money?”

“She asked me to give her five hundred naira if I wanted to continue being her boyfriend,” replied Nwanna, who looked more or less namby-pamby.

The pupils shouted noisily, turning the entire class into a bear garden. Nwanna’s mother and the teacher too were shocked. In fact, the teacher was numbed to the extent that she didi’t know what to say again. The two adults looked askance at Nneka and Nwanna and wondered why and how children below ten years o rage could be in such reckless love affairs. The way and manner with which Nwanna made such pronouncement made them to believe its authenticity, but to everybody’s chagrin, Nneka still denied it.

Even when Uchenna, the boy that stayed closest to Nwanna, testified that he overheard when Nneka was threatening toidrop Nwanna if ever he failed to produce that money the next day. Nneka still refused to give up, saying in her mind that what she did to Nwanna was a mere hanky-panky.

Nneka’s continued denial of the allegation made the teacher to take the case to the headmaster, who ordered Nneka to produce her parents. Despite the order by the headmaster, Nneka still went to school without having produced her parents. She lied that her parents travelled out of the village for a burial in her maternal home.

It was when her teacher discovered through other pupils that Nneka’s parents did not travel to anywhere that she decided to trace her home.

The discussion was over, and Nneka’s teacher then took. her leave. The tension in Nneka’s house was then doused, and Mmachi’s voice was no longer heard. Chidimma would have never liked to enter that houw at least for that day but for her assignment. She came out of her hiding place and made her way into Nneka’s house.

Mmachi’s countenance changed immediately she set her eyes on Chidimma. She welcomed her cordially and so Nneka who had begun to appreciate Chidimma’s behaviour owing to the showers of praises her mother had rained on her. Chidimma had her algebra tackled and she left for home contentedly.

Read other Episode: https://defavouredkings.com.ng

1 Like

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 5

The cat had been finally let out of the bag and Nneka was expelled from the school. Nneka’s expulsion from the school affected Chidmma so much that she hardly coped with her studies any longer. Her position in the class dropped from 25th to 37th out of 42 pupils in the class. Not that she wasn’t attending classes always nor that her teachers were not teaching very well, but Chidimma’s main problem was that she could hardly commit anything to memory.

Mindless of the fact that she was beautiful down to her handwriting, Chidimma was a scatter-brain. The level with which Chidimma exhibited feeble-mindedness at times would make you spit at her. Chidimma could only manage to spell her English name, Cynthia, correctly.

She could also speak very well, blowing big beautiful grammar and even pronouncing them with white man’s intonation but to write them down would always be wahala.

She should have repeated class four if not for the intervention of her classteacher. Chidimma was among the six pupils that failed Mathematics that year. In Central School, Ukoli, credit passes in six subjects including English and Mathematics were the prerequisite for promotion into a new class.

Though Chidimma got seven credits out of the ten subjects offered in her school, she failed Mathematics woefully with her thirty-eight percent mark. Her teacher, popularly called Aunty Roseline, took a great risk by converting the digit three to five thereby giving her a credit pass in Mathematics. What else could the teacher do to such an obedient child who was liked by many?.

Chidimma was loved by all her teachers because of her good character. She was always obedient, humble. truthful, respectful, gracious and well-mannered. People, both big and small, liked to associate with her. Her classroom teachers were not left out. And the only way they could encourage her was by promoting her whenever she failed any class.

When Chidimma failed primary four, her teacher called her and told her that she had failed. Mathematics and thereby would be denied admission into primary five. Chidimma cried. Tears welled up in her eyes.

“Tears are not what I want to see on your-cheek now. Please cheer up and tell me why you don’t cope with your studies despite all the extra lessons I give you at times.” said Roseline as she drew nearer to her to wipe her tears.

Chidimma had stopped crying but not without sobbing as she leaned on her teacher’s chest who tenderly cuddled her as she was still gently wiping her tears with her handkerchief.

“So tell me. what is the matter with you? Why is it that your performance in Mathematics and other subjects are always below average?”

[url]Read Also THE FLOWER GIRL EPISODE 3[/url]
“My people do not allow me enough time to read my books,” replied Chidimma amidst sobbing and weeping.

“And what do you mean by that?”

“They will always want me to be their flower girl. There is hardly any Saturday I do not participate in one wedding or the other. Few days before that, I have to attend some rehearsals. With all these commitments here and there, I find it difficult going through my books or concentrating on my studies.

At times I hardly do my assignments. Sometime, even when lessons are going on in the class, my mind will be somewhere else as I would be busy thinking on the next outing. In fact I am….” Chidimm began to cry again.

“Okay, I have heard you. It is enough. Please, don’t Cry again. I will make sure you don’t repeat the class as I have decided to take a risk by increasing your marks in Mathematics because that is the only subjects that puts your promotion under serious threat.”

Chidimma was amazed with her teacher’s promise, and she hastily went down on her knees with thanksgiving.

“Aunty, thank you very much. I am very happy for you. I promise I will never relent again…”

“Yes, that’s what I Want to hear from you. Look, whether you are a flower girl or a tomato girl, the most important thing in your life at this age is good education. In future, there May be opportunities in your life that may demand good education.

In fact there is’nothing great you can do in this world without basic education. So, you have to acquire the necessary basic education now so that you can discover and divine your future.”

Chidimma was promoted to primary five. In primary five she met a girl named Tochi.

Tochi was another beautiful girl in Central School, Ukoli. She hailed from Ukoli community. Both Tochi and Chidimma looked alike to the extent that anyone who saw them would call them twins, the difference being that Tochi was shorter and plumper.

Tochi looked physically strong, too. In fact, the two girls were identical only in beauty but they were completely two different people when compared based on their character. Tochi was a very saucy girl. She was very ruthless, reckless and nude.

Tochi was among those that were not promoted to enter primary six and thereby repeating the class where Chidimma met her. Primary five was also her first class in that school.

The first school she attended was in Onitsha where she lived with her parents, It happened that her aging grandmother had wanted her to come and stay with her. It was as a result of that that Tochi was transferred from Onitsha to Ukoli.

[url]Read Also THE FLOWER GIRL EPISODE 4[/url]
Tochi, not minding that she was not yet in her final year, was ranked among the ‘big girls’ in the school. The reason being that her father was rich and that affected the type of life she was living in the school. She was always throwing money around. Always dressing neatly and richly in her school uniform, Tochi was in deed in the pink.

In fact she was among a few pupils in Central School, Ukoli that wore sandals and white stockings to school quite unlike Chidimma who went to school daily on bare foot.

Tochi’s former school was a private school and when transferred to the public school in Ukoli, she carried on with he neat attire to her new school. This made her to look different from others, but she had a bad character and teachers hated her for that.

Apart from being together in thesame class, there was no other thing that connected Chidimma and Tochi. They were not friends, neither were they in a study group. One morning when their class teacher was dope with their second lesson, Chidimma brought out a golden necklace which Oluoma had recently sent to her from the United States and also a letter attached to it that she had just been delivered of her second baby.

When Chidimna brought out the wrist watch, the entire members of the class, including Tochi, gathered around her to catch a glance of the beautiful golden necklace.

Chidimma equally revealed to them that she had been receiving various gifts from couples for whom she had performed as a flower girl in their wedding ceremonies. She also went further mentioning their names.

Tochi’s countenance changed when she heard Chidimma mention Chibueze. The way and manner with which Tochi looked at Chidimma made her to smell a rat. She thought that Tochi was envying her wrist watch, and then she quickly put it back inside her bag. All the pupils dispersed and went back to their seats, so also was Tochi.

Tochi never thought that she would in her life again meet Chidimma not to talk of sharing the same class with her. Tochi was Chibueze’s niece. Before Chibueze returned from America for the wedding, Tochi had been tipped to act as a flower girl in that wedding. In fact, Chibueze had sewn a special dress for her and equally bought a pair of foreign shoes, and a beautiful hat which she should wear on that wedding day.

[url]Read Also THE FLOWER GIRL EPISODE 7[/url]
Even on the day Chibueze returned from America, he called Tochi and showed her the clothes, shoes and hat which he had bought for her to wear on that wedding day. He released them to her but asked her never to wear them until on the D-day. Tochi was full of smiles and she was full of excitement too all through the days.

Later on, things changed dramatically. Some peopple had advised Chibueze that there lived a young beautiful virgin in Oseh whom they would like him to contract for the job of a flower girl. Chibueze, in conjunction with his wife, developed interest in the said girl and he then went to Oseh in search of the girl named Chidimma. Under Tochi’s korokoro eyes, Chibueze retrieved those dresses and handed them over to Chidimma, a girl just like her.

Tochi was therefore highly bittered. She cried for the whole day and lost her appetite for food for days even on the wedding day. She never attended the wedding because she couldn’t bear it watching a girl like her putting on the attire that rightfully belonged to her.

Tochi’s anger did not last long because after the wedding, Chibueze returned to-America and Chidimma went back to her town thereby keeping her two enemies at a distance. For those years, Tochi had never remembered such unpleasant incident until that day in the class when Chidimma reminded her of her past.

“This girl can’t go free this time. I must take my pound of flesh,” Tochi vowed.

The school had closed for the day and everyone had began to trek home. Tochi’s way home and that of Chidimma were not on the same route. Instead of Tochi to follow her own direction, she and her bosom friend, Amarachi, kept following Chidimma at the back. Chidimma never sensed any danger use she could hardly remember having any notch up with Tochi.

Even in the school, both hardly talked nor paired together, but what surprised her was where Tochi was, going and the two friends had refused to walk pass her even when atimes she slowed down to allow them pass. Ugomma, a little girl ‘from primary three who lived not too far from Chidimma’s house, was the only one with Chidimma. Ugomma was the only child of one of the Akpunku’s wives.

Since the expulsion of Nneka from the school, it was Ugomma and Chidimma that used to trek home together from school.

EPISODE 6 AND 7 AVAILABLE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng

1 Like

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 6

Tochi needed a lonely place where she could execute her plans to manhandle Chidimma so that no one would be out to save her. And there and then, the opportunity called. She then moved faster and grabbed Chidimma to a halt.

“Chidimma or flower girl or whatever name they call you, do you still remember me?”

“I know you because two of us are in the same class five,” replied Cliidimma, fidgeting.

Giving her a dirty slap, she said, “Take a look at my face very well and recall where you first saw this face.”

“Please I can’t remeMber.”

“You must remember it by force.”

She hit her again and pushed her to the ground. Chidimma’s school bag fell-on the ground and Tochi made for the bag, empting the content to the ground. She picked up the necklace and put it inside her own bag.

She then said to her, “I am collecting this just to remind you how you collected what belonged to me years back. Chibueze is my uncle and was the rightful person to be his flower girl.

Why then shOUld you leaveyour home town and come to my town and even my own family to take what belonged to me? Are you the only beautiful girl on earth? Look at me, am I not beautiful?” asked Tochi displaying herself cat-walking around. Amarachi admired her with a mild smile on her face.

When Tochi was done with her pasmaga. she later continued. “Who told you that Ukoli has no beautiful girls that you should carry ozu onwe gi and come to Ukoli to do your magic?”

Chidimma had just understood the genesis of Tochi’s anger but she kept quite because she didn’t know what she would say that would annoy her more. Another dirty slap landed on Chidimma’s cheek again and she began to howl.

“I will disfigure this face of yours today and make it look too ugly that no one will ever ask you to be his flower girl.”

“Please forgive me. You know it was not my fault. I never knew Chibueze before. He was the one that came looking for me.

“Sharrap! Mechie onu gi! Then why did you agree to follow him? Akpiri ogologo!”

“I never knew he had earlier contracted you.”

“Now you have known it, though too late, you have to pay for it.”

Tochi used her long nails to give Chidimma marks on her face. And Chidmma shrieked in pain as blood began to drop from her face. As that was not enough, Tochi asked Amarachi to bring out the rope from her bag.

“I will use this rope to strangle you to death so that you die and be forgotten.”

“Please, don’t kill me. You can do me any other thing but never you touch my life. Please I beg of you! Please! I beg you in the name of God…”

Ugomma had since the inception ran home and was lucky to have met her father, Akpunnku at home. She told her father that two girls were tormenting Chidimma and that she managed to escape to seek for her rescue.

“Where are they?” asked Akpunku who quickly bolted her food and rose on his feet.

“I left them at Ohia Ulasi, just around the ukwu oji tree.”

Akpunku hurried out of the house with a long machete in his hand as if he was going out to kill a long snake.

“Papa, should I follow you?”

“No! Stay back and take your lunch.”

When Akpunku got to the scene, he was surprised. Chidimma had been tied and she was lying helplessly on the ground yelling for help. On sighting the man with machete, Tochi and her friend took to their heels, leaving Chidmma behind. Akpunku gave them a little chase.

When he got to the portion where Chidimma was lying, he looked at her with pity Akpunku untied Chidimma and took her to her parents’ house.

SEE FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-6/

1 Like

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 7

Chidimma had just returned from school and was very hungry. Her mother was not at home as she had followed her husband to the farm in the morning and both had not returned. Chidimma went to the kitchen to look for food and found none. Her mother had often told her that she had come of age and could start learning how to cook. She, therefore, deliberately did not keep any food for Chidimma. Rather, she brought out a yam tuber which she was to cook by herself that afternoon.

When Chidimma did not see any food to eat, she got herself ready to prepare the launch, first, by peeling the yam which she did successfully. The yam had been sliced and put in the pot ready for cooking. The next was to make a fire.

Obele had no stove neither did he have cooker of any kind. Firewood remained the only source of fuel for cooking in Obele’s house. And to make a fire was always a Herculean task. Kerosene and matches were never used for making of fire. To buy a litre of kerosene was not easy for rural dwellers in the likes of Obele, rather, they preferred the use of dry wood to make fire.

Chidimma collected a coconut husk and left for the backyard to look for red hot charcoal. She did not succeed in the first house she entered. From there she moved on to Ogunna’S house. He met Ogunna himself at home. He was sitting at his Obi faning himself and watching his cat eating a piece of meal.

“Good afternoon, nna anyi,” greeted Chidimma.

“Little girl, how are you?”

“I am fine. nna anyi. I have come to collect some red hot charcoal.”

“Whose daughter are you?” Ogunna peered at her.

“I am Obele’s daughter”.

“Oh! My daughter, so you are that their only child’? That’s good. How are once again?”

“I am fine nna anyi.”

“Please my daughter, go to the backyard. You will sec kitchen there.-

Looking at her in admiration, he talked to himself. “So you are Obele’s daughter. Oh! What a fine looking daughter of his. You are radiating like a morning sun.”

Chidimma heard all he was saying but pretended not. She moved towards the kitchen.

Ogunna continued, “Oh! Obele has suffered a lot in his life. Evil men have refuse to allow him have a lease of life. They have killed his father, Ogbuefi and also killed his two brothers with strange illness. The only thing that saved his life was that he ran into church for safety. Apart from that, he should have gone home to meet with his ancestors. But is it not better he is dead than to have a female issue as the only child? Who will hear his name? Who are going to be his descendants? I pity him… “

When Chidimma returned from the kitchen, she was surprised to meet Ogurina still talking to himself. When Ogunna took notice of her coming, he stopped talking and asked.

“Hope you got what you want.”

“No. There is no fire there any longer.”

“Oh! It is a pity. It was the one they made in the morning, I thought it was still alive. Please check other neighbours and sc ifyou will succeed.”

Chidimma moved towards Akpunku’s house as the hunger was heating her mercilessly. When he got there. Akpunku and some ofhis children were around among whom was Obinna, a granduate of the UNN. Chidimma greeted the occupant of the house and equally told Akpunku about. her mission.

Akpunku called Obinna and said to him, “Please Obinna. I isten to her and golve,whatever problem she has. She is your neighbour. ()Ivies only daughter. Her name is Chidimma.”

Obinna was elated on hearing Chidimma because he had all his life lived in Lagos with his maternal uncle from where he proceeded to UNN for his university education. He had equally heard about Chidimma so much.

“Are you the Chidimma we hear about all the time?” asked Obinna. surprised to know that she was still a little girl.

“Where and where did you hear about me?”

“Your name is heard everywhere. Even in Lagos. Everbody talks about you in my school. too. You are too popular to be little. Even,my profs talk about you. I am very glad to meet you.

“Thank you very much.”

“I am very happy to have met you in person.”

“So, who are you?” asked Chidimma.

“I am Obinna by name, One of Akpunku’s sons. I am the first son of his first wife.”

You mean you are Akpunku’s son and I have not been seeing you?”

I am but I have lived most of my life in Lagos.”

“Whv?”

“My uncle lives it Lagos. so I lived with him. And from there I got admission at UNN where I studied Economics.”

“You mean you have gone to university?”

“Yes I have.”

“I am very happy for you.”

“I am equally happy for you too.”

“I dream to be like you. How I wish I will have the opportunity of going to university like you.”

“It is very easy. Nothing is there. I have graduated from the university and I have equally served. Right now. I am just returning from my NYSC mandatory service, So if you want to be in university, you will just sit for the entrance examination and go in if you pass. It is.as simple as that.”

“But for me it is not simple. I have many challenges. I am not all that intelligent and my parents lack the wherewithal to send me to school.”

“Don’t worry. Let not that bother you now. In what class are you?”

“Primary six. I am about writing my First School Leaving Certificate Examination and the Common Entrance Examination. And I am not sure of passing them.”

“No! Don’t be such pessimistic. Have the faith that you will make it and then God will see you through.”

“Amen! But I don’t know Mathematics and Quantitative Aptitude.”

“Don’t worry, I will help you. I know Mathematics very well and I will make out time to teach you MathematicS.”

“How much will I pay you? Remember my parents don’t have shishi.”

“Don’t bother yourself.”

“Thank you very much. So there are people like this in this world?”

“So. what brought you to our house today?”

“I am very hungry. So I need burning charcoal to make fire so that I can cook my food.”

“Oh! At the moment, there is no fire,in the kitchen. I am just returning home but let me go and make the fire.”

Obinna went to the kitchen and assisted Chidimma in getting What she wanted and as well followed her home to know her house. On getting to her house, Chidimma’s parents had retunied home.

When Obele saw Obinna, he suspected that he must have been Akpunku’s son because he so much took after him

“Good afternoon sir,” greeted Obinnna.

“My son, ha-ha-how are you?”

“I am very well, thank you.” `

“Yu-yu-you are Akpunku’s son, abi?”

“Yes sir.”

“Okay, yes, he resembles his father very well,” said Ndudi smiling at him.

“How about yu-yu-yu-your fa-fa-father and his leg?”

“He is fine sir. He is at…”

“Are you the one they said went to mahadum?” interrupted Ndudi.

“Yes, I am.”

“You mean you went to yu-yu-univa-va-versity?” asked Obele.

“Yes sir.”

“So-so-so Akpunku has money to send his son to yu-, yu-university but to pay his due at the kin-kin-kin-kindred meeting is always difficult for-fOr-for-for him.”

“No. it wasn’t my father that sent me to school, It was my uncle.

“Asikwu m! But ha-ha-ha-have you gotten a job now’?

“No job yet but I am optimistic.

“You are welcome my son. Please nwanyi, give him some fruits as kola”

“Don’t bother sir. Chidimma just visited our house to get some red hot charcoal and I decided to follow her home to see where she lives having heard much about her even in Lagos”.

FULL DETAILS: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-7/

1 Like

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 8

Ndudi sent Chidimma to go and buy dry fish from Ogunna’s house. Ogurina’s wife, Obuna, was a dealer in dry fish and was the only one in the entire village that did such business. Ndudi had waited for Chidimma for a very long time and could not see her. She then wondered what was holding her.

Chidimma had earlier forgotten to tell her mother that she would also go to Akpunku’s house to see Obinna whom she said would help her tack some Mathematics problems that had been giving her tough time.

So when Chidimma was through with the buying of dry fish, she ran to Akpunku’s house in search of Obinna and luckily Obinna was at home. Solving the Mathematics problems was not a big task for Obinna. So he did it very fast.

He in addition used the opportunity to teach Chidimma some other topics in Mathematics which he believed would appear in their entrance examination.

When they were through, Obinna decided to see Chidimma off.

“I am happy that now I have begun to understand Mathematics.” said Chidimma.

“Mathematics is not difficult. People fail Mathematics because they are afraid of it. Once you begin to develop love for it, you begin to understand it. But if you hate or fear Mathematics you will never understand it.”

“I thank you so much for helping me to overcome the Fear of Mathematics.”

“You are welcome. But Chidimma, what do you think about your father’s decision concerning your education?”

“I don’t have any option than to do whatever my parents decide for me.”

“Does that mean you are going to stop going to school?”

“What else will I do other than that? I have to stop if they insist.”

“So you want to get married now?”

“That’s what my parents want for me.”

“And you think it’s good?”

“It is not my wish to get married now but if they insist. who am I to say no?”

“You have to say no because it is not good for you now.”

“So you want my father to kill me?”

“He will not kill you.”

“He will because I know him too well. He is very hot tempered.”

“Okay, if you must many let me marry you.”

Chidimma smiled. “Okay. I will like to marry you because I love you.”

“Are you sure you love me?”

“Yes I do. I love you. I mean it.”

“I also love you.”

“Now, you have to come and tell my parents.”

“No.”

“Why'”

“I don’t want to tell them now.”

“You are too small for marriage now and I am not yet ready too.”

“That means you are not serious.”

“How?”

“About three men have approached my father for my marriage. So if you are interested, you better be test before it is too late for you.”

“But those that have come to marry you do you love them?”

“I don’t even know them talk less of loving them

“Then why will you many them’?”

“As far as my father is concerned rejecting the offer on the grounds that I don’t love them does not hold water I even saw one of them bribing him to agree to give me out to him in marriage.”

“Tufiakwa!”

“My father is such a wicked fellow. When he says his own, your own opinion is needless.”

“So what do you want me to do in this instance because I have not yet gotten a job? I don’t have money and I don’t have a house of my own. So it is not wise getting married now.”

“I still want you to come because you are the one I love, and if you fail to come, my father will give me out in marriage to someone I will not like. Whether you have a job or not, I still want to marry you, after all, I don’t eat too much. I am not a glutton…”

“It is okay. I know what I will do, I will come and meet your father tomorrow…”

Chidimma jumped up happily and said, “Thanks a lot! I will be looking forward to Seeing you tomorrow. You have to come in the evening because he goes to the farm in the morning. Besides, I will like to be around by the time you come…”

“But that does not mean that I will start marrying you immediately.”

“Meaning what? Ibiakwa!”.

“You are going to have patience till I get job.”

them?”

“So when are you getting a job?”

“Soonest! I am sure of that because my result is very good with second class upper. I am very sure I will get good job. In fact, I have already started talking with one company. The manager of the company is my uncle’s friend…”

The two friends sighted Ndudi coming towards Akpunku’s house Chidimma wanted to hide when she saw her mother.

“No, don”t hide because she has already Seen us.” advised Obinna.

FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-8/

1 Like

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 9

Chidimma had taken her First School Leaving Certificate Examination and she managed to come out with a pass grade. Well it is better than a total failure and even more honorable than to be engaged in exam malpractice which she had no inclination to. She had equally grown big at least bigger than to be called a flower girl again.

Chidimma’s beauty appeared to be adding as she grew. Her skin also appeared to be flesher as she put up with more years. Her hot legs, flat tummy and oval face gave her a slim-fitted figure. She was becoming lavishly beautiful.

On the very first year she graduated from primary school, nine suitors came to seek her hands in marriage. And all came with a lot of promises. Among them was Obinna who was the apple of Chidimma’s eye: Obele was also in a hurry to give out Chidimma in marriage especially to Nduka, the only son of igwe Odumesi, who resided in Germany.

Obele had thought of that for some time and believed that if he became Igwe’s in-law, all his problems in this world would be over.

Chidimma had just returned from Girls’ Brigade meeting and her father invited her for a-tete-a-tete.

“Chi-chi-ch-Chidimma, I am so proud of you because you have made me a very ha-ha-ha-ha…”

“Papa, I know that you are now a happy man. I am also proud of you too.”

“Your character is e-e-e-excellent and this makes your mother and I to-to-to-to walk tall anywhere we go. People even raise their necks to catch a glimpse of us whenever we are introduced as Mma’s parents. I have you as my only child but you have make me feel as someone who has many children…”

“But papa, I would have loved it if I had siblings to chat with. But nevertheless, I am happy.”

“Now, Mma, you can see that so many people are coming asking for your hands in marriage. What is your o-o-o-pi-pinion about it? Hope you want to get married now.”

“Yes, papa. I want to get married immediately.”

“Good! But whom among them du-du-do you prefer?”

“Papa, I prefer Obinna.”

Obele was kicked in the teeth by hearing Chidimma’s reply.

“Obinna! Obi gini? Which Obinna?” asked pretending not know whom Obinna was.

“I mean Obinna the Akpunku’s son.

“You are insane! But du-du-do you mean what you are saying?

“Yes Papa because I love him.”

“Mma. So you mean that with all your beauty and fame, you want to. get ma-ma-ma-married to that pauper? No, no. no, no, you won’t do that. But why do you love him.”

“Papa, Obinna is very intelligent. He is also a graduate. So I need him to help me excel in life. With the little time I have with him, he is even the one that helped me to pass my First School Leaving Certificate Examination.”

“Do you realize that that boy is roaming about the streets of Enugu searching for job that never exists? Her father Akpunku has been lying lazily at home with his sore foot begging for food from his wives. Where do you think they will get the money they will use in feeding you and maintaining this beauty of yours? Where will the money for your mahadum come f-f-f-from?”

“But papa, Obinna showed me his result and told me that he would soon get a job in Enugu.”

“So he to-to-to-told you lies and you be-be-be-believed him?”

“Papa, it’s not a lie. His story sounded perfectly plausible and since I know him, he has never lied to me.” Chidimma’s voice began to grow louder.

“Mma, take it easy. You are my daughter and I know what is good for you. Nduka is good for you. I want you to consider him. Don’t you imagine what it means to get married to igwe’s son. It means that you are a future lolo,” Obele trying to get Chidimma beguiled into marrying Nduka.

Chidimma gave a mild smile as she began to use her toe to draw curves on the ground.

“When you get married to Nduka, he will also take you overseas. I believe he will put you in a university overseas. I heard that that man is now a ‘bastard’ billionaire…”

“But papa, mama said that she doesn’t like Nduka because he is a ritualist!”

“Don’t mind her. That’s how women talk against people. Nduka used her for ogwu ego before? By the time she begins to go for omugwo overseas, she-she-She will no longer call him o-o-o-o-onye ogwu ego again. So, Mma, never you in your life mention Obinna to my hearing.

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-9/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 10

Igwe Odumesi had visited Obele’s house and was chatting with Obele by the time Chidimma returned from Madam Onyii’s house. That had been the third visit of Igwe Odumesi since the commencement of the marriage plan between Chidimma and his son NdUka, Who was his only son.

The purpose of that visit was to put Obele’s house in good shape and as well grade the access road leading to Obele’s house in preparation for hosting the visitor who would come from far and near.

Obele still wanted to make something clear and then he asked. “Igwe, si-si-since the planning of this marriage, yu-yu-your son Nduka has not returned home. He has not seen Mma my daughter and Mma has not seen him nai-nai-neither, how then do we think that the two will agree to live tu-tu-tu-together by the time they meet each other?”

Igwe replied thus, “AS for Nduka my son he has seen and heard everything about Chidimma.”

“How and where?”

“My daughter Ngozi, who often travels abroad with her husband has sent Chidimma’s photograph to him. She has also made a collection of video tapes of all Chidimma’s outings and performances which included her recent victory at Saint Mark’s Cathedral, Ukoli. Nduka who was said to have watched those tapes has finally agreed that he would many Chidimma.”

“But what about my daughter? That’s the case now. Last time I spoke with her, it took me some time to convince her though she later agreed. Even now that she just returned from errand, they way she greeted us is quite unlike her. I saw it written all over her that she is not happy.”

“Don’t mind her. Women cannot do without their usual making of iyanga especially when the issue of marriage is raised before them, By the time she sees my son. She will definitely like him. After all who will not like to have a rich man as a husband especially in this hard time?”

“I wonder! And that’s what everyone is praying for.”

Chidimma had just entered the scene to remove the saucer Obele had used to offer kolanut to Igwe. Seeing her approaching, they paused a bit. Chidinima later left the scene with the saucer and the discussion continued.

“In the olden days, in fact. When I married my own wife, I did not know my wife and my wife did not know me until after our union. She had not know the ABC of sex by that time.

By then if you approached a lady, she be afraid of standing alone with you, but today ladies wear pants and bra on the streets of Enugu and Onitsha looking for men to seduce. When we went for the meeting of traditional rulers. one lady in pants and bra held Me with her hand and begged me to …”

“Aru! lgwe did you…?”

“Mbanu!”

“You are the real son of your ancestors.”

“So don’t bother about your daughter. She has not seen such light because I know she has not left the shores of this locality.”

“It is alright, Igwe. I have equally given my consent. But one point my daughter raised was that she wants whoever that will marry her to send her to university.”

SEE FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-10/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 11

When Madam Onyii got to Chidimma’s house, her parents were not around Chidimma’s father had not returned from the farm while Ndudi was said to have gone to the market to pick some foodstuffs.

So Chidimma was home alone. She welcomed her teacher and made her understand that her parents would be home in a short while. She then, appealed to her to sit back and wait for their return. And so she did but not without Chidimma sitting beside her and keeping her busy with chats and chatters.

Chidimma’s parents did not come back as early as anticipated but Madam Onyii was patient enough to wait till the end Ndudi was the first to return, then followed Obele. Both were happy to have Chidimma’s teacher visit them for the very first time.

“You are welcome once again. Obele warmly welcomed his daughter’s teacher.

“Thank you very much.”

“Where are you from? Because I know yu-yu-yu-you are not from °Oseh.”‘

“How do you know sir? Does it mean you know every Oseh woman?”

“No. But at least I know that we have very few educated people in Oseh and they are not hidden. I don’t think we had more than one teacher from Oseh community.”

“Well, you may be right am not from Oseh but from Okpe in Mmaita Local Government Council.”

“You are welcome.

“I want to thank you for teaching our daughter well. She always talks about you.” Ndudi cutting in politely.

“I also thank you but I know that our good God in heaven will thank you better because they say, and I believe, that teachers’ rewards are in heaven,”

“But sir, it will not be bad if we get some here on earth because we suffer a lot. The salary they pay us is not enough for us. The money cannot buy us any reasonable thing. But that’s not what brought me here…”

She paused to catch some breathe.

“I am here as a result of what Chidimma told me.”

She stole a glance at Obele’s face to watch his reaction.

“And what did she tell you?”

“About you people luring her into marriage.”

“Is there anything wrong for my daughter to get married?”

“But not when she is still under-aged.”

“Under-aged! Do you know her age?”

“Of course yes I do. She is about 14 years old.”

“You are correct!” Ndudi promptly admitted.

“Marriage at 14!” shuddered the teacher.

“And how does it concern you?” asked Ohcle.

“It concerns me in so many ways. One, I am a mother so I know the pains. Two, I am her teacher and she needs my directives to avoid making mistakes in life. Three, this girl is very talented, so going into marriage now will kill such beautiful talents which she has. Four…”

FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-11/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 12

Umokeke was the man contracted to renovate Obele’s house in order to keep it in good shape for the upcoming Chidimma Igba-nkwu ceremony. He was adequately mobilized and given two weeks to complete the contract. He had arrived at Obele’s compound and was ready to commence work as it was surprised by Obele’s apparent indifference to the project.

“I am not yet ready for this now. Everything has to wait until further notice” said Obele.

“But Igwe has told me that this work must be completed within two weeks from now. Any further delay will seriously affect completion of this work,” stressed Engineer Umuokeke.

“This is my house for goodness sake, not Igwe’s house. So I have the authority here to say what I want to be done here.”

“So by this statement of yours, what are you up to?”

“Please I think I have given you enough instruction on what to do. And I have equally given you enough respect you deserve. Any further questioning will be tantamount to insult me. So carry your equipment and your life out of my house before I loose my temper.

“But please, I want you to meet with Igwe on this matter at it will not be an embarrassment on his personality too,” Umokeke suggested.

“There is never a time I asked him to renovate my house for me. It is you that he gave the work to do that has the right to go back to him and brief him properly on the latest development.”

Engineer Umokeke had understood how resolute Obele was on the matter and decided to leave the compound without further delay. Just like Umokeke had rightly said, Igwe was highly embarrassed and he sent for Obele.

When Obele got the news that Igwe wanted to see him, he hesitated in going and that embarrassed Igw-e the more. When Obele was about leaving for Igwe’s house, he saw some hefty men coming into his house angrily.

“Ndewo Maazi Obele,” greeted one of the three men.

“Please can I help you?”

“Igwe has asked us to bring you along.”

“By force? “

“Only if you want it that way,” replied one of the men.

“It is alright. I will follow you but I don’t want any of you to touch me so that I will not be tempted to bite off that person’s, ear as Peter did to Malchus.”

They followed Obele behind as they marched towards Igwe’s palace. Igwe’s annoyance at the moment was not on any other thing but on why Obele should refuse to answer his call. He therefore ordered his security men to lock him up even without giving him room for explanation.

By the time Obele was taken out of his house, none of his family members was around. Chidimma had earlier been admitted into Girls’ Secondary School Okpe. So she had gone to the school that day. The mother had gone to Nkwo. As a result, they did not know where he went to. Igwe did not even send message across to the family that Obele would not return home that day.

When Ndudi returned home she waited in vain to see her husband’s return. She was even surprised that the doors were not properly locked before Obele left the house. She therefore sensed that something have gone wrong.

Ndudi and Chidimma went to their neighbours to search for him but could not see him. That was when the situation became worst. And they had no other option other than to go to Igwe to report the disappearance of their breadwinner. It was when they got to Igwe’s palace the following morning that they discovered Obele was there. Ndudi was also given the opportunity to see her husband.

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-12/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 13

Maazi Mbachu was among the elders that were not happy with Igwe Odumesi’s action. He together with Ichie Obuda, was among the elders that accompanied Obele back to his house. The two elders were also among few elders of Oseh who could talk and look straight at Igwe’s face. And they talked from nineteen to the dozen about Igwe Odumesi.

“I think this town has taken enough from him.” Mbachu stated.

“Certainly we have taken enough. Everyone knows that it is as a result of royalty and honour does a cow lot low its owner for it does not mean that the owner will be able to carry it refuses to go. The death that kills a dog does not give him room to perceive the smell of faeces,” said Ichie Obuda angrily.

“There is a saying that it is when one kills a lamb that he be shown the owner. I will definitely make Igwe know that I am a lion and that he has touched my tail by humiliating my brother, Obele for no just cause. Therefore, Igwe has to face a fusillade questions by the time the next cabinet’s meeting will be convened” said Mbachu

“Let the dog make no mistakes of tampering with a diviner’s bag so that the diviner will not make the mistake of cursing the dog. Igwe is really looking for my trouble.” an irritated Ichie Obuda said

On their way back. Obele did not say a word. He was thinking about the incident and wondered why Igwe could be so ruthless to him. When Obele got to his house, he took his bath, changed his clothes and later joined the elders, some of whom had waited to see that he had settled down very well before leaving for their houses.

“I thank all of you for coming to my aid,” appreciated Obele

“I want you not to take it easy as we elders continue to look into this matter,” advised Mbachu.

“But how did you people come to know about this?” asked Obele.

“I was returning from the farm when I saw your daughter running fast to my house. Immediately she told me that, I alerted some elders who joined me to Igwe’s palace,” narrated Mbachu.

“But for goodness sake, is marriage done by force?” Obele wondered.

“But what he told us was that you refused to obey his order by not coming to answer his call.” said one other elder in their midst.

“I never refused his order. To go and answer Igwe’s call is not what you can leave your house in a hurry. You have prepared yourself very well and put your house in order because your return may not be so quick,” explained Obele.

“Oh, as if you knew! Dbn’t mind Igwe, he is a man know too well. He is always fond of trouble,” said Ichie Obuda.

“I suggest you take this daughter of yours out of this town because I still sense some dangers,” advised Omeile, the eldest t in their midst.

“That is true; is there any where outside the shores of Oseh where you will hide your daughter?” asked Mhachu.

‘Yes. There is one teacher of hers whom I know will agree to keep her in her house,” replied Obele.

“How well do you know her?” asked Ichie Obuda.

“She taught my daughter in the primary school Her name is Madam Onyii and she hails from Okpe.

“Yes, Okpe is a good community,” replied Omeile.

“But our Igwe and that of Okpe are not in good terms. Said Mbachu.

Confused about that assertion. Obele asked. “What the bone of contention between the two traditional rulers?”

“It started as far back as the colonial era. It happen that each community in this local government council was given huge amount of money through their traditional rulers to build one primary school and one secondary school in their communities. Some traditional rulers Collected the money and refused to use for the projects. Igwe Odumesi Was among the traditional ruler refused to carry out his own projects.

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-13/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Missmossy(f): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
First to arrive grin I have bookmarked this spot. Interesting piece Defavouredkings keep it coming!!!

1 Like

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
I really appreciate your feedback, it means alot to me... Thanks! @Missmossy
Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 14

Reports had gotten to Nduka about the state of things at home and he decided to return home to take 'necessary' actions. Nduka was the only son of Igwe's legally married wife, though them were other children born to Igwe by most of his concubines.

During his infancy, Nduka was a very reckless and stubborn child roaming about the village causing one havoc to the other. So many people had during that time reported about the missing of their livestock which they believed Nduka to be the prime suspect. All these reports had gone to the Igwe, but he did nothing about it.

Truly, Igwe was not happy about his son's wrong doing but was not willing to accept it publicly. He personally had warned his son to desist from such act but it continued getting worse. Nduka always insulted elders and Ichies of Oseh community even at times under the very eyes of the Igwe.

Though lgwe was indeed a brave man, before his children, he often displayed a wishy-washy attitude. At times Nduka would not mind insulting his father in the public and Igwe would not do anything about that.

Some people had often said that Nduka's attitude was the God's punishment to Igwe Oduemesi for all the evil things he had done to Oseh people. The worst of it all was when Nduka shot his catapult at his classroom teacher which nearly claimed one of his eyes.

As Igwe could no longer bear that, he used the public fund in his possession to send his son out of the country. He originally sent him to Europe, precisely, Germany.

Nduka 's mission to Germany was to study which he did not do for one second. Rather he squandered the whole money and began to cause trouble in the city of Berlin. He was arrested and jailed. When he finished his jail term, he was deported back to Nigeria.

While still in Lagos, his father gathered a lot of money through his usual fraudulent means and used the money to send Nduka to South Africa where he said he wanted to relocate to.

Nduka did not give his father any reason why he chose to live in South Africa and his father did not hesitate in sending him to South Africa.

When Nduka got to South Africa, he joined drug peddlers and began to sell cocaine and other hard drugs in the streets. He told his father that he was in the South Africa doing clearing and forwarding. But the fact remained that Nduka was nothing but a rogue in South Africa.

While in South Africa he joined a gang of rotten apples who often duped, maimed or killed people secretly before making away with their money. Nduka and some of his colleagues were living in hotel rooms in South Africa.

He did not have a house of his own in South Africa, neither did he have residential address. They used to move from one hotel to another so that the security agents would not easily trace them.

People in Oseh knew that Nduka lived in South Africa, but the business which Nduka was doing in South Africa was not clear to them. About three or two times he returned from South Africa before the incident that finally nailed him, people were often thrilled by his life style.

He used to make a jerry curl on his hair, and often wore earrings and looked big in his baggy trousers. His habit of eating and drinking much made ladies flock around him.

He hardly returned home but each time he did return home, he hardly spent up to a week at home and the amount of money he would spend in that short period of time would be enough to feed a big family for one year.

Some young boys had abandoned their education and followed Nduka out of the country in search of their greener pastures. Their parents too wanted them to make money quickly. It was when he took those boys to South Africa and got them introduced to his business that they would regret ever following them.

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-14/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
EPISODE 15

Madam Onyii had just been transferred to Umuagasi Primary School, Okpe and decided to take Chidimma along with her family, She was a mother of five: all boys. Her first son also gained admission into secondary school the same year with Chidimma. And two of them: Chidimma and 'Ugonna were admitted at Community Secondary School, Okpe. Chidimma's presence in Madam Onyii's family was highly welcomed as she began to play the act of a daughter in the family of boys.

She was giving much assistance to Madam Onyii in terms of cooking and washing. There was no type of food Chidimma did not know how to cook. She used to wake up early in the morning along with Madam Onyii to prepare the breakfast for the family. And when they were through, all of them would leave for school at the same time.

Chidimma and Ugonna would be heading northward to the Community Secondary School, Okpe while Madam Onyii and her four other children would be heading eastward to Umuagasi Primary School, Okpe. Madam Onyii's husband, Ukene was a carpenter. He used to relocate with his wife whenever she was transferred.

When his wife was transferred to Okpe, he also moved along with her. When he got to Okpe, he opened his new workshop at Oye Okpe Market. His duty was to visit houses and make repairs to damaged roofs, doors, windows, tables and chairs. He equally constructed stools and Sold to the people. He had a very good handwork and used it to make a lot of money.

Their new house in Okpe was well furnished. It was in Ukene's house that Chidimma watched television for the first time in her life. Her diet equally changed and her beauty began to be more pronounced.

Quite unlike in her father's house, there was always time for everything in Madam Onyii's house: time to play and time to read. Whenever it was time to read, it was a great offence for anyone to play. The way Madam Onyii flogged pupils in school was the same way she flogged even her own children. On daily basis, her children including Chidimma, would come to tell and show her what they have learnt in school that day.

And everything must be said in English. There was no doubt that Chidimma's performance would improve during her stay with Madam Onyii and so it was because in addition to that, Madam Onyii used to tell them to spell make sentence with five new English words on daily basis. So in about a year in Madam Onyii's house, every child under her roof was be able to learn about a thousand and eight hundred words in English.

Chidimma's admission into secondary school was a great challenge to her poor parents, but Madam Onyii and her husband helped greatly in ensuring that Chidimma continued to be in school. The locker Chidimma used in secondary school, together with the stool she used was constructed by Ukene. And Chidimma's parents did not pay any shishi for it.

On Chidimma's first day in secondary school, she met a woman popularly called Madam Caro. She was also the woman registered her. That day, Madam Caro did not come to school on time as she used to do. She lived inside the school compound but had travelled to her town over the weekend and did not return on time. So by the time she got to school that Monday a lot of parents who wanted their children to be admitted into JS 1 had come and were seated for long waiting for the madam whom they 'were told was the one in-charge of admissions.

On the wall was pasted a paper that contained all the requirements which the school had asked the intending JS 1 students to come along with. Chidimma was with her mother who sat next to her in a long bench where other women were seated.

Chidimma and her mother were not among the first people that came to the school that morning. In fact, they were among the few last. but they were assured that all of them would be attended to. Chidimma was also With her two brooms, one hoe, a cutlass, a dictionary, two novels, Mathematics textbook, English textbook, three passport photographs, two flat files, and exercise books.

Chidimma was carrying some in her hands, her mother was with some, while the rest were lain on the ground. They sat quietly waiting for the officer that would attend to them.

Immediately Madam Caro walked into the hall, her eyes caught a beautiful Chidimma who was sitting in the midst of women. And she was highly attractive. Madam Caro walked to where Chidimma was sitting.

"Fine baby, how are you?" greeted Madam Caro as she caressed Chidimma's  chin.

"I am fine Thank you," Chidimma replied with a smile.

"What is your name?"

"My name is Chidimma Obele."

"You are from where?"

"I am come from Oseh."

"You are a native of Oseh?"

"Yes aunty."

"You want to be a student in my school?"

"Yes aunty."

"Where are your parents?"

"I am here with my mum." Chidimma pointed at her mother.

"Please bring her in. Let me see two of you first,” Madam Caro said to Chidimma's mother as she walked inside her office.

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-15/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 7:58am On Oct 26, 2019
EPISODE 16

Nduka and his gang had arrived Oseh and had a brief stopover at Igwe’s palace to tell his father. Igwe Odumesi his mission that might turn fatal if Obele failed to comply. And the boys, who looked rough, deadly and drunk, were armed to the teeth.

Though Igwe Odumesi was not in full support of their mission, he was not able to stop his son. Igwe was at that moment with his Onowu, Ichie Mburuibu, when his son returned.

“The way I see these people, they are mad with anger and needed not to be allowed out of this palace. This is a man that is looked upon to be the next Igwe whenever you join your ancestors. If he then moves into the community with this madness of his, I wonder if the community will accept his igweship when his tenure comes up,” Ichie Mburuibu feared.

“I know all these. And that was why I warned him to stay back in the South as I continue looking for another girl for him. But he insisted on returning saying that he would rather die than not marrying Chidimma.”

“Nduka is in no doubt acting out of his senses because the war of love is not fought with bullet. If he really loves Obele’s daughter, let him be a man enough, approach her and win her love with his heart. He is making a costly mistake…”

Nduka and his gangs had moved out of the palace and their voices were heard outside. Igwe’s effort to calm his son down was in vain and he looked helplessly as Nduka led his gang out of the palace. Before they got to Obele’s house, Nduka and his gangs had inflicted a lot of injuries on many people on their way. Mbachu who was on his way to his farm was pushed down out of the way and he hit his head on an anthill.

One pregnant woman was also said to have been manhandled which made her to have a stillborn. As they were moving towards Obele’s house, their anger kept on increasing and people wondered what would happen to Obele by the time they lay their hands on him.

The ninth synod of Mmaita Diocese was holding at Saint Anglican Church, Okpe. Obele and his wife were among the delegates from Saint Andrew’s Anglican Church, Oseh. The synod which would last for four days began on that day but Obele and his wife had left for Okpe the previous day so as not to be late on the opening service which had just begun by the time Nduka and his gang of thieves stormed his house.

When they got to Obele’s house, they met the house under lock and key. And they thought that Obele had heard about their coming and decided to run away with his family. They broke the doors open, searched all nooks and crannies but found no one inside the house. They looked around the house to check any valuable thing to steal but found nothing.

“O boy, nothing dey for this house o! You sure say man de live here?” said one of them.

“Where them de sleep sef? No bed, no cushion. Na only ute Hausa I de see here o!”

“Me. I never see television or radio here oo.”

“You de talk of radio or television, you see any bulb or tiny sign of electricity here before you begin to look for television.”

“Hey! People de suffer for this world ooh. When one Compares this village with Lagos and Johannesburg, you go know say some people don de dey for hell fire while still alive oo. This one na old atani house oo. Even the atani himself don the wowo.”

“Everywhere sef de smell like my shit.”

“O boy. na here you say the girl wey you wan marry de live?

“Na my father say so oo.”

“That girl, you don take your eye see am before?”

“I don see am for television. I don see am for picture kwa. De girl fine well well. In fact de nnwa na tomato Jos.”

“Oya make we go search for am. I think say they don go hide am for their neighbor house.”

“That one na true talk oo.”

“Oya make we go.”

They all left Obele’s house leaving the doors ajar. Nduk and his cohorts began to search for Obele and his daughter in th entire neighborhood. When they had searched two or three houses without success, they grew wild and began to harass an molest people. When the heat was rising, the members of the community could no longer tolerate it.

They rose up in retaliation thereby turning the peaceful community into a war zone. Nduka and his group began to shoot sporadically to scare away the people and bullet touched so many people killing some and leaving so many wounded. But the people of Oseh community did not relent. They continued confronting them till their bullets were exhausted.

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-16/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2019
EPISODE 17

Madam Caro did not waste time in accepting to accommodate Chidimma in her house because she was a very good child.

Chidimma was in the class when the Senior Prefect came in to call her. There was no teacher in the class by the time Sunday, the Senior Prefect, entered JS 1 c. Chidimma, the class prefect knocked on her desk and everybody stood up.

“Good day senior,” greeted the students.

“Good day students, how are?” replied the senior prefect.

“We are very well, thank you.

“Get seated.” And they all sat down.

“Who is the prefect of this class?”

“I am!” Chidimma stood up.

“Was this class swept today?”

“Yes senior.”

“It is not true.”

Chidimma kept quiet but still standing up, looking at him

“Why all these pieces of papers here and there?”

“Senior, they were dropped now by some of those student in the front role by the time we were doing fine art project, replied one of the students.

“And what did you do?” looking at Chidimma.

“ it is just now that the teacher left the class.”

“What is your name?”

“My name is Chidimma Obele”

“Are you Chidimma from Oseh?”

“Yes. senior.”

“Oya, run to Madam Caro’s office immediately.

“Senior please. I am sorry. Let me pick them myself said Chidimma.

“I said run! Come on start running!” ordered the senior prefect.

Chidimma ran out of the classroom with fear that Madam Caro would punish her for not keeping the class tidy.

“Oya, everybody, getup. Look around you and pick any piece of paper around you. Start picking them up immediately!”

All students got up and did as ordered. They dropped them inside the class’ waste paper basket. Within seconds, they all got back to their seats.

“I have warned you that I don’t want to see any piece of paper my class in this school. If this repeats itself in this class, I will deal with all of you. That reminds me; it appears that you tadpoles have not had your tails amputated. I think I will do that soon,” said the prefect as he left the class.

In Community Secondary School Okpe, it was never a good news to any student whenever one is asked to go and answer Madam Caro in her office. So it was to Chidimma When senior prefect gave her such order that day. On her way to the office. She was a bag of nerves and wondered what would happen to her there.

When Chidimma came into Madam Caro’s office and saw her guardian, she heaved a sigh of relief and said in her mind, “I thank God I am safe!’ When she then walked in and greeted both madams. Madam Onyii saw that Chidimma was looking chirpy, a condition that made her believe that she had not heard anything about what was happening in her home.

“Please after School, I will like you to stay back. Don’t come home today. I will bring your clothes here so that you will stay with Madam Caro for some days.”

“So Chidimma, you can now go back to your class. After school, meet me in my house.”

Chidimma did not say anything as she left Madam Caro’s office. It was not only that she was confused but what was going on in her mind was different entirely. Chidimma thought that the encounter between her and Ukene had reached Madam Onyii’s ear. And that she decided to send her packing.

Ukene had insisted that he must have an affair with Chidimma. He had tried every means in order to achieve his desire but he found it very difficult to get what he wanted. Since Ukene fell in love with Chidimma, he suddenly began to show her unusual favour.

Sometime ago, when Chidimma returned from school, he was surprised to meet Ukene at home. Immediately Chidimma entered the house, Ukene called her and gave her a bag that contained some unknown items.

“Take this bag, open it, whatever you see there belongs to you,” said Ukene.

“Thank you sir,” greeted Chidimma.

As Chidimma wanted to move with the bag, Ukene called her back and said, “No, don’t go out. Stay here and open it.” Chidimma emptied the bag on a sofa and began to pick up the items: pants, skirt, top, powder, bra, and an envelope.

“Open the envelop first,” instructed Ukene.

Chidimma opened the envelop and saw N150, an amount more than her school fees. With this, Chidimma was surprised. She stood mute for sometime mindless of the reason why such money should be given to her.

“Sir, I can’t understand. What am I going to do with this big money?”

“You have to spend it.”

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-17/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 8:01am On Oct 26, 2019
EPISODE 18

Madam Onyii’s voice was heard outside as she made a `shhh’ sound to chase away a foul which was feeding on the corns she spread outside. Ukene hurriedly packed everything inside the bag and asked Chidimma to go inside her room with it. Chidimma refused collecting the bag as she walked into her room sobbing. Ukene took the bag away and both pretended that nothing ever happened.

“Chidimma! shouted Madam Onyii when she entered the room.

Ukene left the house through the back door and suddenly entered through the front door to meet with Madam Onyii.

“Why did you come back? Where are the children?”

“Oh! Are you still in the house? I thought you have gone back to the workshop. The children are waiting for me somewhere I forgot that Chidimma is supposed to have followed us.”

Amazed by such statement, he asked, “For what? Who will prepare my food if all of you leave?”

“I have prepared the food. And everything is intact.”

“No, I need someone to be doing one or two things for me till you come back tomorrow.”

“In that case, let me tell Ugonna to come back.”

“Why not Chidimma?”

“There is something she will help me do in Umah.”

“Then let Ugonna do it.”

“It is not what Ugonna can do. I want Chidimma to do it.”

“For goodness sake, I am the head of the house, therefore, I am the one that will say who can stay with me. Chidimma will stay with me.”

“Mind you that Chidimma was given to me by her parents not to you.”

“And what if I say I don’t want her any longer in my house, what will you do?”

“Well until you say so. For now Chidimma is going to Umah with me. In fact, I am leaving Ugonna and his brothers behind only me and Chidimma that will go.”

“Don’t worry, all of you can go. I think I can stay alone.”

“Thank you very much for the understanding.”

Chidimma was very happy that she was leaving the house with madam onyii. She thanked God for saving her but failed to expose the evil intension of Ukene and Madam Onyii was not aware of what happened.

On that very morning when the fight erupted in Oseh. Chidimma was the last to leave for school that day. Ukene was also hovering around like a kite aiming at a baby chicken. When Chidimma had finished bathing and was about coming out of the bathroom. She opened the door and suddenly saw Ukene behind the door.

“How long have you been here?” asked Chidimma.

“Since you poured the first water on your body. I have been here. Baby you are beautiful and your beauty dey make me simiri simiri for bodi,” replied Ukene libidinously.

Chidimma avoided him and moved into her room. When she entered her room, she locked her door very well. Ukene later followed her to the room but unfortunately the door was locked. He banged on the door for so many times even trying tobreak the door but Chidimma refused to open it. Chidimma had finished dressing up and was, ready to go to school but ukene’s action became a great barrier. And she then decided to stay back. Ukene threatened chidimma that if she refuse to open the door, he would order his wife to send her back home.

Such empty threat did not move Chidimma who had lain on the bed peacefully praying to God to come to her aid once more.

A woman who was passing-by heard the continuous bang at the door and decided to breeze in and know what the matter was. The woman was their neighbor who was living very close to their house. As a matter of fact, she was a relation of Agudosi, the Ukene’s landlord. But Agudosi rented out the house due to the fact that he and his family were living abroad. When Ukene saw the woman coming, he quietly left the door and pretended as if he had done nothing. When Chidimma heard the old woman’s voice, she then ran quickly out of the house and headed for school.

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-18/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
EPISODE 19
The second and third periods in the school time table were free periods and Chidimma had gone to the school library to read. Community Secondary School, Okpe, had a gigantic school library with modem facilities. Being one of the few pilot schools in Anab State, the school library was one of the biggest libraries in the state. Government had equally provided all the required textbooks in the library thereby providing good opportunity for serious minded students.

Chidimma often went to the library during free periods. She used to borrow some textbooks especially those she didn’t have. Chidimma was not any easy-catch, So many male students who had wished to have her as their girl abounded but the problems remained where and how to get her. Chidimma was not used to hanging or loitering about but was always staying in the classroom.

There was a male student named Ikenna who was in SS 2. He had noticed chidimma right from her day one in that school but being a shy type, he had not summoned enough courage to tell Chidimma his feelin’s. Ikenna was the son of the catechist of St Timothy’s Anglican Church, Okpe, and everyone knew him very well because his father often came to Community secondary school, Okpe, every Thursday to conduct Moral Instruction for Anglican students. The Community Secondary School, okpe, also shared a common boundary with St Timothy’s Anglican church.

Ikenna was already in the library when Chidimma entered. As if God had answered his prayer, Chidimma walked a long distance and sat at the seat next to him.

“Good morning senior,” Chidimma greeted.

“Good morning aunty, sorry, student, how are you. replied Ikenna who was visibly nervous.

Chidimma did not reply neither did she talk to him any longer having been conversant with the library rules. Ikenna could not read again because he had lost concentration, rather he was adjusting himself steadily on his seat as if he was having problem with his buttocks. Chidimma had a test on Christian Religious Knowledge and entered the library to go through her notes to get herself adequately prepared for the test.

So, mindless of what Ikenna was passing through, Chidimma was busy with her book. At a time, Chidimma wanted to write something but her pen fell on the ground. Nduka rushed for the pen, picked it from the ground and handed it over to Chidimma.

“Thanks,” Chidimma greeted.

“Don’t mention.” Chidimma’s attention had returned to her book but Ikenna had continued stealing some glances.

“My name is Ikenna.”

Chidimma did not talk but was serious reading her book. It seemed to Ikenna as if Chidimma did not hear him. He raised his voice a bit.

“I am Ikenna by name!” said kerma, tapping Chidimma with his right hand.

“Please, that is not necessary! I didn’t ask for your name, senior,” replied Chidimma.

Both kept silent as Chidimma continued reading her books while Ikenna’s heart continued throbbing. What was going on in his mind was how to start off again knowing fully well that his first attempt had failed him. He thought for a while but could not come up with any better statement he should use to get Chidimma’s attention again. As he couldn’t come up with any better idea of what to say. he decided to take a risk.

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-19/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
EPISODE 20
The fight in Oseh was getting tougher. Nduka and his gang were pursued back to the palace. More people from other communities were joining in the war to subdue them. On getting to the palace, Nduka and his group secured their refuge there, while the crowd were trying to force themselves into the palace. Igwe had earlier before the arrival of the crowd ordered his security men to guard the palace gate and ensure that no one entered his, palace. Igwe had also before the arrival of the crowd escaped from the palace through the back gate for fear of being tortured, probably, to death by the fuming crowd.

When Igwe fled the palace, he made straight to Ukoli Police Station to lodge a complaint that his town was in crisis. With the way Igwe Odumesi reported the incident, the DPO of Ukoli Police Station, Mr Thompson, saw that such unrest was not what his police station could tackle, he therefore, alerted Police State Headquarters Enugu for more reinforcement.

Deployment of policemen from the state headquarters was quick enough and Igwe Odumesi was told to make statement. As he wasn’t lettered, he was asked to present his case viva voce while the police officer put them down in black and white.

“What is your name’?” asked the police officer who had become set with his pen and paper.

“My name is Igwe Odumesi.”

“You come from where?” asked the officer as he was Writing down the answer to his previous question.

“I am a native of Oseh.”

“In which local government area, sir.”

“Mmaita Local Government Area.”

“Anab State?”

“Yes, Anab State.”

“How old are you sir?”

” I am sixty five years old.”

“Are you a male or female, sir?”

” You police men can’t stop asking funny questions. Do I resemble a woman?’

” Sir, you know that what I write here is what you tell me to write.”

Okay, I am a man.“

It was indeed a Herculean task putting down the Igwe Oduemesi’s statements as he tried remember every bit of thing that happened in his community and so many people were indicted by mentioning their names.

“So what is the name of that son of yours?” asked the officer.

“His name is Nduka.”

“Nduka! Nduka who!” surprised the officer.

“Nduka my son”

“I mean what is his surname” worried the officer as he looked at the information on the notice board.

“ Nduka odumesi.”

The officer hurriedly concluded the statement and presented it to Igwe Odumesi who also signed without thinking deeper about curiosity displayed by the officer. The journey began and they were armed to the teeth.

FULL STORY HERE: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-20/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Flower Girl Episode by Defavouredkings(m): 12:53am On Oct 30, 2019
EPISODE 21

It was Saturday afternoon and madam caro had gone to eke okpe to buy some condiments. Chidimma was at the sitting room reading her book when Maduka entered. Maduka had been making every frantic effort to get chidimma’s back down but all were to no avail. So when he saw that madam Caro had gone out to the market, he decided to chance his arm again. When he entered inside the parlour, he went straight to the video machine and slotted in pornographic movie. Chidimma paid less attention to it as she was busy reading her book.

“Chy baby, bring your book here, let me teach you some Mathematics,” said Maduka.

“Thanks. I don’t think I need any help now,” replied Chidimma instantly.

“So, Chidimma, do you mean what you told me yesterday?”

“What did I tell you?”

“You told me that you are still a virgin.”

“Yes, I am and I don’t want to break it now.”

“I don’t believe it.”

“I mean it seriously.”

“It is a lie. Chidimma. you are lying. I know it that you are no longer a virgin.”

“How do you know?”

“I will not tell you.”

“You sound very funny.”

“HoW?”

“How can you tell me that you know my body more than I do?”

“If it is true that you are still a virgin, I will give you a gift you will never forget.”

“Gift like what?”

“I mean something you can never forget in your life.”

“Oya begin to provide them now because I am still a virgin as you are speaking to me now.”

Maduka had succeeded in making Chidimma to drop her book. Chidimma’s eyes were then fixed on the television and Maduka used the remote control to raise the volume a bit higher.

“So, if you want my gift, then you have to prove your claim.”

“How?”

“I want you to prove it to me that you are still a virgin.”

“I mean how should I do that?”

“You have to show it to me.”

“Show you what?”

Maduka began to laugh.

“What is funny about it? Answer my question,” insisted Chidimma with a serious look at Maduka.

“I want you to remove your pants, open your private part and let me check if you are still a virgin or not…”

Chidimma got up angrily from the sofa and went inside her room. She bolted the door after her and began to cry. Maduka over heard Chidimma crying but there was no entrance to get to her. After a while, Chidimma came out with her bag and ran out of the house. Where was she heading to? Should she go back to Madam Onyii’s house and face her randy husband again or should she go back to her father’s house in Oseh where she had been warned never to step into.

Later, she decided that home remained the best option than to be humiliated against her wishes. She prayed to God to save her and protect her life.

Chidimma did not know anything about the incident that happened in oseh few days ago. Madam Onyii whose responsibility was to take care of chidimma was not aware of Chidimma’s intension to return to neither was madam caro aware that chidimma had escape. All Ndudi and Obele knew was that Chidimma was in the safe hands of Madam Onyii and they were not yet prepared to receive Chidimma back home as they awaited for the dust to settle.

On getting to Oseh, the people of Oseh rushed chidimma and basked in euphoria of jubilations they beat the drum and danced all the way to Obele’s house. Chidimma could not understand what the matter was. Also, parents were surprised to have seen her return without her consent. In fact there was a great jubilation in Obele’s house about the sudden return of Chidimma.

When everything had calmed down and the people dispersed, Obele took Chidimma in and told her the entire story. Chidimma also told her parents her own story and the family were happy that they had been united once again.

Full Story here: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-21/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Fallen Angel (A short story) / Sunday African Poetry Special: Christmas In Biafra By Chinua Achebe / 7 Nights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 253
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.