Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop (86065 Views)

Fraudster Shops With Temi Otedola’s Credit Card While She Slept. / Yewande Adekoya Abiodun Arrested In The US For Credit Card Fraud / Stella Dimoko-Korkus: "Michael Okon Stole My Friend's Credit Card, Eloped" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by soso22(m): 8:02am On Oct 24, 2019
Eyaaa marley obu ka isiri je!
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by ecnuel: 8:06am On Oct 24, 2019
topcatking:
Dear OP, you just taught everyone of us how to commit fraud. Thank you. angry

...hope you also learnt how you will be prosecuted?

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by wink2015(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2019
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday heard that stolen credit card information issued by European, American and Latin American banks were retrieved from a laptop allegedly belonging to musician, Azeez Fashola popularly known as Naira Marley.

An Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) forensics expert, Mr Nuru Buhari told Justice Nicholas Oweibo that some of the credit card information belonged to four persons in the United Kingdom (UK) including one Nicole Louise.

Buhari testified as the EFCC’s first prosecution witness in Marley’s alleged card fraud trial which began on Tuesday.

The witness, who was led in evidence by EFCC counsel Mr Rotimi Oyedepo, alleged that apart from the stolen information, the website visit history recovered from the device showed that the top five most visited sites dealt with buying and selling of stolen credit card information.

Buhari said: “During analysis, the cache file and history file revealed that the most frequently visited sites by the user of the computer includes arder007.org, Zuni.sa, nationwidecheckbalance.co.uk, ferunshop.net AMD cocoa.co.uk.”

“Analysis of the websites revealed that web 1 is where stolen card information is sold to intending fraudsters, web 2 is for stolen credit cards specifically for the UK, web 3 is an online website designed for UK card holders to check their balance wherever they are around the world, web 4 is a dark web meaning an underground tunnel in the internet where stolen credit card information are sold and traded, web 5 is an online shopping mall where members are given discounts for shopping from certain shops.”

He said stolen credit card information with special status that allows transaction up-to $12,000 without a pin or physical card was found in a file named select BIN 101.txt and .txt.

The witness added: “For the note file, two major files were discovered named .txt which contained about four credit card information belonging to four different personalities in the UK including one Nicole Louise. ”

“The second file is named selected BIN101.txt containing Bank Identification Number of European, American and Latin American banks.

“When we ran the BIN code search for the first six digits of the cards, it revealed they are Visa cards issued by Barclay’s bank, Sandander UK plc.”

Buhari testified that an analysis allowed his team to identify “certain banks in the US, Europe and Asia with certain peculiarities, these are banks that they issue credit cards without pins based on the high level of trust, they allow a transaction of up to $12,000 in a swipe on pos.

“Cards issued by those banks are card not required. All you need to execute a transaction is the card number and the Security number. ”

According to him, suspicious apps that are mostly used by people with shady deals on the internet were found on the laptop.

He said: “We analysed installed apps on the laptop and we found two apps that enables the owner of the computer to decide the server of a bank as to his identity and location, IP VANISH and TOR browser.

“The TOR browser is sometimes called the onion. Most of the criminals cover their tracks with various layers just like an onion using this app to make it near impossible for a tracker to track their location.

“The IP VANISH is a virtual private network (VPN) which provides that the actual computer and location of usage cannot be identified. It also gives the user the ability to change their location.”

The court heard further that an analysis of the administrator account on the laptop revealed that the admin is one Naira Marley and the account was connected to his iCloud account.

During the hearing, Oyedepo tendered the request for the analysis of the Apple Mac book Pro laptop, an iPhone allegedly confiscated from the defendant and the forensic laboratory report prepared by Mr Buhari.
Justice Oweibo adjourned till Friday for cross examination of the witness.

Fashola, popular for his “Am I a Yahoo Boy” and “Soapy” tracks, is being prosecuted by the EFCC on an 11-count charge of conspiracy, possession of counterfeit cards and fraud.

His co-defendant is one Yad Isril, said to still be at large.

The defendant was arraigned on May 20, 2019, but pleaded not guilty.

He secured N2 million bail with two sureties in the like sum.

According to the charge, the defendant committed the offences on different dates including November 26, 2018, December 11, 2018, and May 10,

Fashola and his accomplices allegedly conspired to use different Access Bank ATM Cards to defraud their victims.

They allegedly used Access Card number 5264711020433662 issued to other persons, in a bid to obtain fraudulent financial gains.

Fashola was said to have possessed these counterfeit credit cards, belonging to different cardholders, with intent to defraud, and which also constituted theft.

The offences contravene the provisions of Section 1 23 (1) (b), 27 (1}, 33, 33(9) Cyber Crime (Prohibition) Prevention Act, 2015.

https://thenationonlineng.net/stolen-uk-us-banks-credit-card-info-found-on-naira-marleys-laptop/amp/

Because of crude oil money the political elites are stealing from rights and lefts of the political divide in Nigeria, they do not seems to care about the difficult plights of the youths as pertaining to employment and good living condition.

Guys that take to yahoo fraud to survives, the federal government is hunting them down like an hungry hunter looking for antelope meat.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL LEARN IN A VERY HARD WAY SOONEST THAT EVEN THE DIRTY MONEY FROM THE SOCALLED YAHOO BOY ALSO ADD UP TO MAKE UP THE THINGS THAT IS KEEPING US LIVING TODAY.

TRADERS IN MOST OF NIGERIA MARKETS AND HOTELIERS WOULD NOT HAVE MAKE A SUBSTANTIVE SALES EXCEPT FOR THE YAHOO BOYS.

I MAKE BOLD TO STATE HERE THAT IF NOT FOR YAHOO MONEY, THE HARDSHIP IN NIGERIA WOULD HAVE GONE BEYOND BEARABLE POINTS.

But the Efcc is unnecessary fighting this scientific and creative youths who went into the laboratory and came up with a means of surviving hardship in Nigeria.

In Ghana, for example, their government do not harrass this guys because they know the money the guys are pumping into their economy.

Efcc is dancing on the grave of YAHOO BOY for their failure to bring the looting and thievery political class to book.

Take it or leave it, Naira Marley is a victim of diversionary tactics of the political class who are putting smokescreen on our tired faced while they loot our collective commonwealth to near nothing.

NIGERIA YAHOO BOYS ARE BRINGING BACK WHAT ABACHA TOOK OUT OF NIGERIA and they are spreading it into the Nigeria economy through expensives purchases they make.

Meanwhile, the Abacha loot that was returned to Nigeria right from Abdulsalami government, Obasanjo government, Yar adua/Jonathan government and Buhari 's government were RELOOTED BY POLITICIANS.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Zchi1052(m): 8:08am On Oct 24, 2019
topcatking:
Inshot I have to read it over and over again b4 I copied everything for further...thank u op

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by partnerbizn3(f): 8:11am On Oct 24, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

No he didn't. Most of those websites and tools are useful for legit hustlers. For example, Tor browser was made for whistle blowers. I also use IP changers to see how fast a site I'm designing will load from outside Africa.

I hope you get the gist.
Does ip affect how a site loads?
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 24, 2019
Gazzy88:
You will grow old and wealthy and I pray yahoo boys will scam you of everything you've ever worked for. If you're so CONFIDENT of yourself, say a loud AMEN.

You are a stupid human being and English language is your problem.
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Gazzy88(m): 8:15am On Oct 24, 2019
lagoskind:

You are a stupid human being and English language is your problem.
Scammer, kindly correct me. Woe betide any yahoo boy and their sympathizers out there. You won't know peace till you repent. The pains you cause people shall be returned back to you in folds and your generations to come.
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by dvkot(m): 8:15am On Oct 24, 2019
saajus:
Why does the write up look like teaching people how to scam. I don't understand how our intelligence work in this country. Even FBI didn't reveal Invictus Obi scheme in a manner in which you can connect the dots. They shouldn't be talking about TOR, onions, darkweb, bins. Kids can research, connect the dots and start scamming. I beg una, roadside Journalists should not be writing criminal articles. We made the same mistake with Evans, the Kidnapper. Many people didn't know how profitable kidnapping was until we arrested Evans. The media started showing his houses, cars, watches on TV.
As in i tire see all the info the release, the worst is that they even state the purpose of each of them is that how dumb they are? See our so called intelligence agency. Didnt they know the meaning of classified information, see how interpol track mompa on a low but now see how efcc are announcing the whole thing. Me i just weak
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Zchi1052(m): 8:16am On Oct 24, 2019
subtlemee:
OH Naira Marley....why did you disappoint us like this?
He's a dumb ass nigga
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 24, 2019
Gazzy88:
Scammer, kindly correct me. Woe betide any yahoo boy and their sympathizers out there. You won't know peace till you repent. The pains you cause people shall be returned back to you in folds and your generations to come.

Lol... No point arguing with jobless fools like you. I dey work abeg. Someone made a clear point and you all are cursing your generations... Where did I support him scamming people? I pity you for the curses you're bringing on yourself.
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Chigold101(m): 8:17am On Oct 24, 2019
topcatking:
my thinking oh ...
They were so explicit in there narration

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Slymonster(m): 8:21am On Oct 24, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:
The EFCC forensic expert is a Mumu man!!

Forensic expert that couldn’t forensically search two illegally obtained mobile phones; a blackberry and infinix.

They began to beg for the owner to come and unlock them to search the phones. Owner kukuma use find my android to wipe the phone and blackberry protect to wipe the blackberry. Forensic expert is with two useless phones ....

This got me laughing.. Real G
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:23am On Oct 24, 2019
creolehunt:
My heart was really gladened the day I read of Naira Marley 's initial arrest. But in the light of the recent arrest of Mompha, i do not give a hoot about Naira anymore; he is a fingerling in the Pacific.

EFCC, now that you have Mompha, please do well to give us Hushpuppy and E-money.

People should learn to earn an honest living.

May you live long
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Slymonster(m): 8:27am On Oct 24, 2019
Nostradamus:
no it's not really a crime to use TOR browser but how you use it(do you use it for fraud?).

My problem with this now is that those illiterates in black uniforms might start harassing and arresting people for having that tor browser.

Broda. The moment I saw that sh1t listed there. I quickly went to my laptop to see if I still got that app there because I know I once had it but dont use it much. This country justice system is too weak.
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Gazzy88(m): 8:28am On Oct 24, 2019
lagoskind:

Lol... No point arguing with jobless fools like you. I dey work abeg. Someone made a clear point and you all are cursing your generations... Where did I support him scamming people? I pity you for the curses you're bringing on yourself.
Mumu, I got you. Now you're changing the narratives when I threatened you and your likes with eternal curses. Whether you have job you're doing or not, never under guise support crimes. You're a young boy. Why not be like Seun of nairaland or Zuckerberg of Facebook? Must you stoop so low to scam your fellow hardworking man/woman? It's better for you to repent before it's too late. Go and read about 'Adé Success', how he ended his life. Crime's enjoyment is just temporal but the pains you reap hereof is lasting.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Slymonster(m): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2019
invigilator:

You're coming at me with an aggressiveness, sure we[I included] all want the fraudsters to pay for it and them tarnishing the name of the country. But until there's an unarguable proof that Marley is guilty, I wouldn't like you to criticize him because of the accusations leveled on him.

PS: This same accusations could be levelled against your relative, and what will you do when people criticize w/out actually seeing valuable evidence of the committed crime?

The names of your country has long been tarnished even before Yahoo came on. Stop deceiving yourself
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Xbee007(m): 8:33am On Oct 24, 2019
Chaleeee:
Tor browser is just what it is. A browser. IP Vanish is a VPN used to protect your data from being stolen by malicious websites. No part of the constitution says that you cannot visit certain websites. All these should not hold water in a sane country.

Efcc need to provide evidence that he actually used the credit cards to buy something. With receipt and all. Bit na naija court. Wetin I know?
What of people's credit card details that were found on his computer and links to websites that deal in selling stolen credit cards? Or your eyes suddenly go blind when you were reading that part?

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by mobolaji234: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2019
RenHub:
He already stated that the laptop isn't his grin
His friend Abdul in the UK gave him and those are his friends stuffs. So now efcc needs to find the receipt of purchase for the laptop before the court can be convinced.
If you tell SARS these balderdash they will slap you into tomorrow but since OBO brought SANs it must be proven beyond all reasonable doubts. Lols! Efcc lost this one jor.

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide

I've checked your signature. How much for the mobile power bank
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Tonnyray: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2019
RenHub:
He already stated that the laptop isn't his grin
His friend Abdul in the UK gave him and those are his friends stuffs. So now efcc needs to find the receipt of purchase for the laptop before the court can be convinced.

So he can't commit fraud with a laptop he was given or what manner of gibbs are you sprouting?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 24, 2019
Gazzy88:
Mumu, I got you. Now you're changing the narratives when I threatened you and your likes with eternal curses. Whether you have job you're doing or not, never under guise support crimes. You're a young boy. Why not be like Seun of nairaland or Zuckerberg of Facebook? Must you stoop so low to scam your fellow hardworking man/woman? It's better for you to repent before it's too late. Go and read about 'Adé Success', how he ended his life. Crime's enjoyment is just temporal but the pains you reap hereof is lasting.

What narrative did I change when I never supoorted him scamming people? My focus was on EFCC leaving the big ones and chasing the little... Did someone report a crime to the EFCC before raiding his home? What triggered the arrest in the first place? Abeg people like you deserve the hypocrisy you get on a daily basis. Just don't quote me again and get out with your foolish opinion and perspective. I have contributed to the development of the youth of this country than a lot of people and I'm sure if you see me in person, you'd never be able to talk that trash to my face. The internet has given ignoramuses a platform for cheap talk and insults...
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by peeps4u: 8:46am On Oct 24, 2019
theenchanter:
Nairamarley hand no clean, abeg... the guy get case for UK... according to my source. grin

E just dey japa upandan.

Same guy that was in UK less than a week ago for starfest?
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by imiski(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2019
topcatking:
JESUS!! 419 likes!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Gazzy88(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2019
lagoskind:

What narrative did I change when I never supoorted him scamming people? My focus was on EFCC leaving the big ones and chasing the little... Did someone report a crime to the EFCC before raiding his home? What triggered the arrest in the first place? Abeg people like you deserve the hypocrisy you get on a daily basis. Just don't quote me again and get out with your foolish opinion and perspective. I have contributed to the development of the youth of this country than a lot of people and I'm sure if you see me in person, you'd never be able to talk that trash to my face. The internet has given ignoramuses a platform for cheap talk and insults...
Look at dangote, lol. And I look like a pauper to you? Just go away, kiddo.
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by ostechno(m): 8:49am On Oct 24, 2019
Efcc got it all wrong, if those credit cards in text file are arranged in a table pattern, he must have phished this credit cards, they should do more investigation to see if a has an hosting service or a website, chikena.
And I believe there's more, they should do more search on the laptop, there might be many hidden files.
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by RenHub: 8:50am On Oct 24, 2019
Tonnyray:
So he can't commit fraud with a laptop he was given or what manner of gibbs are you sprouting?

He clearly stated that the contents of the laptop isn't his. Its a dicey case
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 24, 2019
Gazzy88:
Look at dangote, lol. And I look like a pauper to you? Just go away, kiddo.

I know how many people I have done travel and academic consultancy for, some are now abroad, some are building on what I taught them... This is not a matter of Dangote, I am a good ambassador of this country and would never support any criminal act. But you people are too excited that a young person is arrested and don't even dim it fit to ask if he actually committed a fraud and what triggered his arrest. Is Naira Marley the reason for Nigeria's problem? Those who brought the nation to its knees, how many have been convicted? Stay there and keep blaming Naira Marley and keep cursing yourself.
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Tonnyray: 9:02am On Oct 24, 2019
wink2015:

Because of crude oil money the political elites are stealing from rights and lefts of the political divide in Nigeria, they do not seems to care about the difficult plights of the youths as pertaining to employment and good living condition.

Guys that take to yahoo fraud to survives, the federal government is hunting them down like an hungry hunter looking for antelope meat.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL LEARN IN A VERY HARD WAY SOONEST THAT EVEN THE DIRTY MONEY FROM THE SOCALLED YAHOO BOY ALSO ADD UP TO MAKE UP THE THINGS THAT IS KEEPING US LIVING TODAY.

TRADERS IN MOST OF NIGERIA MARKETS AND HOTELIERS WOULD NOT HAVE MAKE A SUBSTANTIVE SALES EXCEPT FOR THE YAHOO BOYS.

I MAKE BOLD TO STATE HERE THAT IF NOT FOR YAHOO MONEY, THE HARDSHIP IN NIGERIA WOULD HAVE GONE BEYOND BEARABLE POINTS.

But the Efcc is unnecessary fighting this scientific and creative youths who went into the laboratory and came up with a means of surviving hardship in Nigeria.

In Ghana, for example, their government do not harrass this guys because they know the money the guys are pumping into their economy.

Efcc is dancing on the grave of YAHOO BOY for their failure to bring the looting and thievery political class to book.

Take it or leave it, Naira Marley is a victim of diversionary tactics of the political class who are putting smokescreen on our tired faced while they loot our collective commonwealth to near nothing.

NIGERIA YAHOO BOYS ARE BRINGING BACK WHAT ABACHA TOOK OUT OF NIGERIA and they are spreading it into the Nigeria economy through expensives purchases they make.

Meanwhile, the Abacha loot that was returned to Nigeria right from Abdulsalami government, Obasanjo government, Yar adua/Jonathan government and Buhari 's government were RELOOTED BY POLITICIANS.
Ogbeni just shut up there!!! You fraudsters and fraud sympathizers are the problem of this country. Crime is crime no matter the clime. Who told you the car thief that is lynched in Oshodi wasn't also trying to survive? Where else would he have spent the proceeds? Venezuelan economy? Cursed folks be talking about politicians and yahoo boys like there's a difference. THIEVES that's what they both are. They can send Naira Marley to the firing squad for all I care, I won't spill my coffee. Same applies to Theophilus Danjuma, Jeremiah Useni, IBB, Atiku, Tinubu, Bukola Saraki et al.. the whole lot of thieving bastards.
Just 3 months ago irregular activity was observed in my Zenith Bank account such that even I couldn't access it and I was duly notified. Had to go sort it out at their office in Central Business District. This is ordinary me that my savings isn't even up to 3m. I couldn't just imagine what the fall out would have been if these cursed boys had successfully cleared it. Just like that. To be washing their hands with Hennesy & Moet in clubs and phucking oloshos. Cancer will devour all of them and their generations, and I extend the same to their sympathizers and every thief out there with the exception of the ones that do it only at the point of starvation. angry

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by mrkia(m): 9:03am On Oct 24, 2019
These ought not be dished out here... I think
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Crazychris: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2019
beamtopola:

They should start with the ones destroying our image abroad, first.
what is essence of having good image abroad when they know your home is full of arm robber bandits?
Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by Tonnyray: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2019
RenHub:

He clearly stated that the contents of the laptop isn't his. Its a dicey case
Gentleman what were you expecting him to say?
What do you think would have been the first thing his lawyer would have told him to say?
The things I read here is migraine inducing.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: Stolen UK, US Banks’ Credit Card Info Found On Laptop by RenHub: 9:08am On Oct 24, 2019
mobolaji234:

I've checked your signature. How much for the mobile power bank

Private chat me via my siggy.
Discussing price here attracts a lengthy ban

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Sinful Friday With Seyi Hunter Uncensored: I’m The Sex Goddess Of Our Time / Maria Peace Francis Naughty Photos / Regina Askia Flaunts Bare Butt In See-through Gown At Nollywood Event In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.