Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? (19810 Views)

Moment Coolers Of Food Were Recovered From A Caterer At An Event (pics/video) / Billionaire Wedding Reception In Dubai, See What They Served On Each Table. PICS / Nigerian Woman Wrapped Her Umbrella With Dollars Cash To An Event (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by H100: 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Personal Experience

Last week, someone in my family informed me that an extremely well-known billionaire (who will not be named) was going to be in town for a speaking event - and my family member had tickets. I remember thinking: "How cool is this? I always see them on TV! It will be amazing to see them speak in person!" The event was marketed towards people seeking success, and it seemed like it was going to be a motivational/uplifting occasion.

The day of the event came and it was a full house. We were lucky and got there early - we were sitting in the second row! The energy was palpable and I kept thinking to myself, this is going to be great. The time finally came. The host came out, introduced himself, gave some background on his success, and tied in how he works with the billionaire who will not be named. I will say this host was the epitome of what a speaker should be: high-energy, and intriguing. It made me even more excited.

The grand moment arrived, Billionaire stepped out onto the stage and I could not believe it. He was right. there. Spoke of his rags to riches story, which I will say is truly inspiring. He told stories. Made us laugh. And exited the stage after about 10 minutes.

I quickly began to grow disappointed, realizing most of this event will be with other keynote speakers - none of which I (or my family member) was familiar with. However, I wanted to give these speakers a fair chance. Maybe they'd say something that was of value. Maybe there was at least one golden nugget they could give me. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Most of this event came to be a real estate seminar, to put it simply. No disrespect to anyone in real estate, but I have zero interest in making a career of it. Sparing you all the frustrating and boring details, this seminar came off as an awful pitch for a (pricey) 3-day course on real estate. I thought to myself: "You have got to be kidding me".

My family member and I ended up walking out of the event, as we realized this was not going to be what we expected. It did make for an interesting conversation on the ride back home.

This person is a billionaire. They are highly-respected and yes, famous. Why would they feel the need to prey on people by selling them this perfect image? That if they attend this 3-day course, they WILL be able to purchase real estate and they WILL make lots of money from it. This Billionaire has money - why feel the need to continue feeding his wallet in such a seedy manner?

I felt like a fool. The event had been marketed in such a way that was 100% misleading. It led me to wonder why people who reach Billionaire level come to this? If I was someone with success of that magnitude and had the platform to reach such a large number of people, I wouldn't want to sell fake dreams. I'd use it to truly, genuinely inspire people. Give them that small push they may just need. No fluff, no nonsense. No "classes" or seminars. Just a straight-forward, real conversation. Maybe a story I share or something I say could inspire someone to go out and do it.

I don't know if I will ever have that kind of reach, but I'd like to think that if I did, I wouldn't lose myself or my integrity.

SOURCE >>> SELF TRUTHS

13 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by villagecraft: 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
No vex. Just become a billionaire yourself first.

Then come and preach the same thing

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by blackboy(m): 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2019
I understand. It is not easy to be rich.Lots of commitment and busy schedule

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by sLentlover7778(m): 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
Too much talk from a billionaire might be too much for a poor man to bear.. Keeping it short and simple is the best jare.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
Don't even feel disappointed, my trillionaire friend hardly talk too,I thought I could learn from him, base on our relationship but it turns out the other way that he seems to be learning from me.I think you should be glad you learnt from him in ten minutes,especially when you value his time.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by Freemanbobble: 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
People with money don't talk too much

They allow their money do the talking

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by omoadeleye(m): 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
No time for unnecessary talks, instead of sitting down listening to motivational words, go out there and motivate your hustle

21 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by porshnuel: 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
Forget billionaire motivational speech

This life is not easy atall

Local man cannot can short speech biko

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by OnlinealabaPro(m): 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
So many self acclaimed billionaire in Nigeria to start with .but then I could see your point...they knew the billionaire will be an easy target for their market so is part of the marketing skills . Maybe if you invest in the real estate too one day you will be a billionaire like that man that gave a 10min speech

check my signature

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by tunary(m): 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nothing special they are human beings like you

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by AHCB: 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
H100:
Personal Experience

Last week, someone in my family informed me that an extremely well-known billionaire (who will not be named) was going to be in town for a speaking event - and my family member had tickets. I remember thinking: "How cool is this? I always see them on TV! It will be amazing to see them speak in person!" The event was marketed towards people seeking success, and it seemed like it was going to be a motivational/uplifting occasion.

The day of the event came and it was a full house. We were lucky and got there early - we were sitting in the second row! The energy was palpable and I kept thinking to myself, this is going to be great. The time finally came. The host came out, introduced himself, gave some background on his success, and tied in how he works with the billionaire who will not be named. I will say this host was the epitome of what a speaker should be: high-energy, and intriguing. It made me even more excited.

The grand moment arrived, Billionaire stepped out onto the stage and I could not believe it. He was right. there. Spoke of his rags to riches story, which I will say is truly inspiring. He told stories. Made us laugh. And exited the stage after about 10 minutes.

I quickly began to grow disappointed, realizing most of this event will be with other keynote speakers - none of which I (or my family member) was familiar with. However, I wanted to give these speakers a fair chance. Maybe they'd say something that was of value. Maybe there was at least one golden nugget they could give me. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Most of this event came to be a real estate seminar, to put it simply. No disrespect to anyone in real estate, but I have zero interest in making a career of it. Sparing you all the frustrating and boring details, this seminar came off as an awful pitch for a (pricey) 3-day course on real estate. I thought to myself: "You have got to be kidding me".

My family member and I ended up walking out of the event, as we realized this was not going to be what we expected. It did make for an interesting conversation on the ride back home.

This person is a billionaire. They are highly-respected and yes, famous. Why would they feel the need to prey on people by selling them this perfect image? That if they attend this 3-day course, they WILL be able to purchase real estate and they WILL make lots of money from it. This Billionaire has money - why feel the need to continue feeding his wallet in such a seedy manner?

I felt like a fool. The event had been marketed in such a way that was 100% misleading. It led me to wonder why people who reach Billionaire level come to this? If I was someone with success of that magnitude and had the platform to reach such a large number of people, I wouldn't want to sell fake dreams. I'd use it to truly, genuinely inspire people. Give them that small push they may just need. No fluff, no nonsense. No "classes" or seminars. Just a straight-forward, real conversation. Maybe a story I share or something I say could inspire someone to go out and do it.

I don't know if I will ever have that kind of reach, but I'd like to think that if I did, I wouldn't lose myself or my integrity.

SOURCE >>> SELF TRUTHS

it's just proof that you've been scammed.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by dayleke: 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
That's why they are millionaires and billionaires.
Why spend so much time on speeches when there is money to be made?

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by notoriousbabe: 8:07pm On Oct 24, 2019
I feel unbillionaired
Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by Sunofgod(m): 8:07pm On Oct 24, 2019
Great ful...
Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by CharlesJok3r: 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2019
Dem don scam you. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by nlPoster: 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2019
dayleke:
That's why they are millionaires and billionaires.
Why spend so much time on speeches when there is money to be made?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by CaptainMitch: 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
When you are closer to them you can expect more personal stories for now you can't get high content engagements
Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by dayleke: 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
Just read through.

All na scam.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by nlPoster: 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
And the topic was on front page immediately.

It has billionaire in the title.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by drakeli: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
Have you thought about how much he could have been paid for that ten minutes appearance? That might be how he got his millions selling people hypes. He might be just like a bait to sell the seminar. I used to know one like that going about holding seminars preying on the the less fortunate that would love to be rich like him. I’m not saying that’s what this particular one does anyway:

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by Ayoswit(f): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
We, the billionaires don't engage in long conversation. undecided
Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by Truthbites: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
I feel like when will I arrive?
Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by mrwonlasewonie: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
Olowo okin soroju
Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by naijadrivablog: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
Empty barrels make the loudest noise.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by Margy: 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2019
Only billionaires who made money through fraudulent ways talk to much!

People who work too hard to be billionaires talk little

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by TheExecutioner: 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2019

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by blessedvisky(m): 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
Fake news. This never happened

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by Jaqenhghar: 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
You think Billionaires have time to be talking. If you want to hear speech go call these wannabe billionaires who have crammed everything from rich dad poor day to 48 laws of power.
Those types are full of chatter

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by spiritedtete: 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
Anyone can be a billionaire by chance or steadfastness...

No prefect or standard formula to becoming a billionaire.

Hence... any billionaire coming to speak at an event is just talking like any other person... if he or she is not trying to give to the community or charity at that moment.

Everyone is a hustler....

Don't let anyone decieve telling you 10 things 20things you must do to become a billionaire.

Find what will work for you... the only thing that will make you rich...

FIND A NEED AND SOLVE A PROBLEM!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by FarahAideed: 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
There are just two certified billionaires in Nigeria today I believe Dangote and Adenuga so which was it ? Abi is it's one of these Naira Billionaires you are talking of?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When A Billionaire Speaker Makes Very Short Speech At An Event? by OBTMOS(m): 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
Kai

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Children At Makoko, Lagos Celebrate Children's Day / After My Wedding,my Club Members Refused To Pay My Right Bc Of Chicken / A Most Classy Wedding (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.