Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,875 members, 7,831,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks (34921 Views)

Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. / The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by midnighter(f): 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
So she's craving sugar? Women experience sugar cravings a lot

Get her to take fresh fruit instead. Be buying it for her and washing and cutting it up for her, put it inside a container with a fork and give her. Somebody down there mentioned honey, a great idea! Drizzle it over the fruit chunks

Dont blend it into juice because juice is very sugary as well. Blending dozens of fruit and drinking it every day is a fast route to Diabetes Central LGA

If it is also an addictive behaviour you can be packing groundnut, seeds, maybe some dark chocolate etc for her to chew and satisfy her oral fixation.

The point of this is to fill her stomach with non-harmful stuff so she wont have space to take unhealthy food. At this point it is an addiction so nagging is not going to work because she wont listen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by nappy760(m): 11:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
A family friend had the same issue in her 60's and ended up with stroke....My mum used to mention it but she never listened.
She's presently being nursed by her kids

cry

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by mkoabiola: 11:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Make mama enjoy her life jare

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Wickedtruths: 11:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
sorom4:
No juice is natural

Don't say what you don't know. There are natural fruit juices without preservatives.

Just that most people can't afford it. Ever heard of Nuli juice?

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by sirusX(m): 11:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:
Sorry to break it to you but your momma is a Sugar Mummy. grin

GBAM!! cheesy
She refuse the right to be bitter

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Sage7(m): 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2019
TVTKOKO:
From Pepsi to coke to lacasera and even to taking powerhorse drinks.

She's over 50 yrs of age and I've talked and talked but she just won't stop. If she doesn't take in the morning she'll take at night. Sometimes she take mornings and night too like it's a medication.

I'm really worried about the health implications for her but she seem not to care.

Pls what can i do? Or if there's anything i can give her that neutralizes the effect.

Pls help push this to the audience

Deploy every means to stop her.

If you don’t stop her her, you will feel the heat later.

I feel this usually happens when there is really no one to cook ....fast food, snacks & beverages becomes the resolve.

I hope she doesn’t take pills too.

Involve family members because it’s already an addiction.

Act now! I’ve had a similar experience before I could realize it was too late.

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by arrestdarrester: 11:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
Wean her off it with professional help. I've done same for a colleague who was addicted to a popular brand

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 24, 2019
Boohoo
So What's your point exactly?? angry angry
Do you want me to get rid of your mom?? undecided
I Know a guy..... smiley
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by gloriaolisa(f): 12:00am On Oct 24, 2019
Please take her to hospital look to check her Sugar level and BP so she will understand you better cos dose things is not good for her health .... Please ooo . God bless you for taking care of your mum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by CharlesJok3r: 12:00am On Oct 24, 2019
I'm suffering from same thing. cry. I have been drinking a minimum of 3 50cl bottle of Pepsi cola every single day for more than 4 years now.

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by sigidi5: 12:01am On Oct 24, 2019
[s]
post=83409118:
We will tell you 8 health implications of carbonated drinks and we will leave the other part of your question to other members to answer (How you can tell her to stop!)

Here you have the health implications of carbonated drinks....

They can increase our risk of cancer.

They can raise our risk of heart disease.

They can lead to diabetes.

They can cause liver damage.

They can make us violent.

They can cause premature birth in pregnant women.

They can change your brain.

They can cause premature aging.

With these few points of ours, we hope mom will put a stop to it.

God bless your mom!

Peace out!
[/s]
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:02am On Oct 24, 2019
Give her enough carbon monoxide
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Yankee101: 12:04am On Oct 24, 2019
Buy her cartons of low sugar yoghurt. Let her always exercise. You can consider non sugar based sweet drinks but these also cause other ailments besides diabetes.

Honey is good. But finding pure ones in naija na issue. Consider fruits as source of sugar too if she's addicted.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by baby124: 12:05am On Oct 24, 2019
Squeeze lemon in her water. Some people don’t like the taste of water so they go for carbonated drinks. Also, introduce her to some people with diabetes. Let’s see what she thinks about them.

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by SamanthaDavis: 12:19am On Oct 24, 2019
She probably drinks it because she craves the caffeine or the sugar. Your best bet is to find her substitutes. Juice a lot of fruits in season for her and if she craves the caffeine, try making lemon iced tea with honey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 24, 2019
Leave your mum to her vices

Your Mum is not smoking, she is not taking alcohol, she is a responsible parent, leave her pls.

Also, all those five alive and juice, like soft drinks they all contains lots of sugar. They all contain preservatives.thye all contain concentrate. They are as unnatural as soft drinks and as fattening.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by sayisayi(m): 12:33am On Oct 24, 2019
Knew one madam who took no less than 15 coke bottles a day.

She gave up and had serious withdrawal
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by sorom4: 12:36am On Oct 24, 2019
Wickedtruths:

Don't say what you don't know. There are natural fruit juices without preservatives.

Just that most people can't afford it. Ever heard of Nuli juice?
Everything that is sold on the shelf or that passes 5 hours after production MUST have preservatives

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by iammolise(m): 12:36am On Oct 24, 2019
"Na one tin go kill pesin"
Pls just let the old woman be... Maybe stopping her from taking it is like separating a smoker from his cigarette, she'll just drink in hidden places.
On a more serious note:
She's an advanced adult, she's darn well knowledgeable about how things react to her system and when her system brakes down as a result of something... Just keep telling her the health implications of diabetes to older people, she'll come to reason soon enough.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Billyanger(m): 12:46am On Oct 24, 2019
Include weed in her diet!
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by notoriousbabe: 12:46am On Oct 24, 2019
Leave her to enjoy herself jo, she didn't burn you to lecture or correct her, moreover na something go kill am at the write time
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Numerouno94(m): 12:47am On Oct 24, 2019
post=83409118:
We will tell you 8 health implications of carbonated drinks and we will leave the other part of your question to other members to answer (How you can tell her to stop!)

God bless your mom!

Peace out!
Bravo!!
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by notoriousbabe: 12:49am On Oct 24, 2019
post=83409118:
[s]We will tell you 8 health implications of carbonated drinks and we will leave the other part of your question to other members to answer (How you can tell her to stop!)

God bless your mom!

Peace out![/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by sofiscatedmoron: 1:06am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:

She's over 50 yrs of age and I've talked and talked but she just won't stop. If she doesn't take in the morning she'll take at night. Sometimes she take mornings and night too like it's a medication.

I'm really worried about the health implications for her but she seem not to care.

Pls what can i do? Or if there's anything i can give her that neutralizes the effect.

tell her kidney is sold for N300million oo

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by alexyanalysis(m): 1:16am On Oct 24, 2019
Kul3ger:
So, i always see these ededes(old women) at a store along my street.

You'd always see three of them gisting and drinking biggie Pepsi (big-sized Pepsi) practically every afternoon.

One died lately, at about 90 years. But the other two are still bubbling with life; keeping up with their afternoon routine.

OP, I'm not so sure what I intend to pass across, but I'm sure you gerrit undecided grin

Nna, your head dey there grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by alexyanalysis(m): 1:19am On Oct 24, 2019
post=83409118:

God bless your mom!

Peace out!

If it changes brain like u've written, maybe we should start giving mad men carbonated drink so that their brains will change for good... angry cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by BluePrincee: 1:31am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:

Be very worried. My mum did the same thing. It was Pepsi everyday. When we tried to tell her she would shout at us. She only stopped when she eventually got diabetes but then it was too late. She is dead now.

True life story.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by EkperemoEgbabi: 1:36am On Oct 24, 2019
post=83409118:

God bless your mom!

Peace out!

Actually u need carbonated drinks cos your brain needs changing. Get d hell out of here, ri*tu*a*li*st

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Natural Remedies For Treating Blocked Fallopian Tubes / Mathias Nnadi, Neurosurgeon, Dies Of COVID-19 Disease / Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.