Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:39 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (181380 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Go Down)

Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 6:51am On Nov 11, 2010
Anyone using android phones,
I just bought HTC DESIRE, God! that phone is magic kiss kiss kiss
The os is crazy and the apps are just too fantastic, its as if there's an app for everything on the android marketplace
All u blackberry boys, spend a day with android and u'll nevert regret u did! wink
Kindly write below ur own experience with android phone and your favourite app.
Mine is soundhound - its free on the marketplace, though there's a paid version, just hum any song and it will tell u details of the song, fantastic! cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 11, 2010
I ammmmmmmmmmm. I love my phone!!

But the problem is the battery life, it dies easily angry angry
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 6:55am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Are u laso using an android?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 7:03am On Nov 11, 2010
@ileke idi
Just saw ur ammmmmmmmmm now!
Wow!, o ma damo ooo! grin
what brand are u using and ur favourite app?
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 7:10am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

About ur battery problem:

1. I would recommend you install Advanced App Killer (found free in the market). It is useful in closing all the unnecessary tasks/processes running in the background thus prolonging the battery life,

2. Do you put your phone on charge on a daily basis, or do you charge when the battery goes dead? It is better practice to charge it when it goes very low or runs out of charge as then you are using the whole battery, rather than using a part of the battery when charging it daily.

3. Turn off wifi, bluetooth etc when not in use
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 11, 2010
na2day!:

@ileke idi
Just saw your ammmmmmmmmm now!
Wow!, o ma damo ooo! grin
what brand are u using and your favourite app?
I wanted to buy an HTC, but dem warn me against it, now am pissed. I might get the HTC come Jan tho, might as well spend $400 on a new phone.
My motorola backflip is awesome, but battery is terrible. It least for less than 7hrs, I have to take my charger everywhere with me angry angry

na2day!:

About your battery problem:

1. I would recommend you install Advanced App Killer (found free in the market). It is useful in closing all the unnecessary tasks/processes running in the background thus prolonging the battery life,

2. Do you put your phone on charge on a daily basis, or do you charge when the battery goes dead? It is better practice to charge it when it goes very low or runs out of charge as then you are using the whole battery, rather than using a part of the battery when charging it daily.

3. Turn off wifi, bluetooth etc when not in use
Oh really, I'm on wifi / bluetooth like crazy.
Will get the AAK, thanksssssss .
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Oh really, I'm on wifi / bluetooth like crazy.
Will get the AAK, thanksssssss .

Wifi is voracious, it feeds on power, but def, the AAP will help
Your Motorola backflip is not bad shaa, but Droid 2 and droid x are better
The best of them is HTC EvO 4G and HTC Desire!
The screen is just like heaven!

HTC DESIRE

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 11, 2010
^^^ Yea, I prefer my phones with touchscreen AND key pads lol. I text a lot, while walking, doing chores etc.

Thanks tho. smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 10:41am On Nov 11, 2010
Yeah, i understand, i was wondering b4, why u got an android wit keypad?
May i suggest or recommend ThickButtons app, its also free in d market.
Makes it easier to do ur texting and co, on touchscreen.
As for me, i don't think i can use any phone wit hard keypads again smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 11, 2010
hehe, the keypad is not hard grin grin

I'll check out the apps.

where do you get your music from? [music on your phone, that is]
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 10:52am On Nov 11, 2010
Amazon basically, youtube secondary, and don't forget the torrents wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by denzel2009: 10:56am On Nov 11, 2010
Have you seen the HTC Desire HD? It is currently killing Iphone 4.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2010
Yeah, i discovered it, 2wks after buying my desire, now i'm wishing i had waited for 2wks, but what can i do?
In another 2months max now, there will be another HTC BAZOOKA (Or another crazy name like dat, lol) grin
So, i'll just enjoy my desire for now and keep my desire for gadgets in check until, i cant help it anymore!
LOL
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 11, 2010
na2day!:

Yeah, i discovered it, 2wks after buying my desire, now i'm wishing i had waited for 2wks, but what can i do?
In another 2months max now, there will be another HTC BAZOOKA (Or another crazy name like dat, lol) grin
So, i'll just enjoy my desire for now and keep my desire for gadgets in check until, i cant help it anymore!
LOL

Dont you have till 30 days to exchange or return your phone?

na2day!:

Amazon basically, youtube secondary, and don't forget the torrents wink
torrent? fun mi ni gist jo.
Re: Android, Anyone? by denzel2009: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2010
na2day!:

In another 2months max now, there will be another HTC BAZOOKA (Or another crazy name like dat, lol)  grin
LOL

The way they are releasing these phones is something else. I got the the Desire HD on upgrade and was tempted to start using it,but a guy offered me £420.

I couldnt resist,afterall they will release another one before you know it.

Nice to know people are shifting towards android phones. Meanwhile, Iphone 5 is coming out in June next year.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 11:30am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Dont you have till 30 days to exchange or return your phone?
torrent? fun mi ni gist jo.

yes, i do, just decided against it after reading the poor battery performance in d review
for torrents, download utorrent client on your computer, go to http://torrentdownloads.net/ or http://www.torrentz.com/
type the name of d album and the singer,walla! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 11, 2010
na2day!:

yes, i do, just decided against it after reading the poor battery performance in d review
for torrents, download utorrent client on your computer, go to http://torrentdownloads.net/ or http://www.torrentz.com/
type the name of d album and the singer,walla! grin
shocked shocked u r the bomb! thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 11:36am On Nov 11, 2010
denzel2009:

The way they are releasing these phones is something else. I got the the Desire HD on upgrade and was tempted to start using it,but a guy offered me £420.

I couldnt resist,afterall they will release another one before you know it.

Nice to know people are shifting towards android phones. Meanwhile, Iphone 5 is coming out in June next year.

Iphone is going down, Android is almost taking over d market! the pigheadedness of Steve Job is stifling apple,
though they have, very awesome products, but the price and closeness of the os will soon be its undoing! other manufacturers like Htc, samsung and Motorola are catching up fast.
so which one are u using after dumping desire HD?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 11, 2010
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 11:56am On Nov 11, 2010
ileke idi shocked
thats not how to do it o!
LWKMD

1. Download utorrent client here on ur computer: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads
2. install d utorrent client
3. go to d torrent site as u've just done, type what u want, it will bring lots of returns, pick d one dat are more recent and click
4. it will show u many torrents site from where u can download
5. pick one and click
6. Look for download torrent button and click
7. it will bring up a pop up
8. press download wit uttorent and u're good to go

the advantage is dat, even if there's power cut and u put ur PC back on, it will continue from where it stopped, u can use it to download latest film, softwares etc, just make sure ur connection speed is OK b4 u start or u can be frustrated wit waiting for it to finish.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? by denzel2009: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2010
na2day!:

Iphone is going down, Android is almost taking over d market! the pigheadedness of Steve Job is stifling apple,
though they have, very awesome products, but the price and closeness of the os will soon be its undoing! other manufacturers like Htc, samsung and Motorola are catching up fast.
so which one are u using after dumping desire HD?

Apple knows how to capture the the market. They made a design error in Iphone 4,that's why theywant to quickly release the Iphone 5.

I'm not sure if Android would be able to stand the test of time and attract consumers like Iphone and Blackberry is doing but,they are surely pushing the boundaries now.

You have to leave the other manufacturers like samsung and motorola out of this now,they can't compete. Do you know how many versions of HTC phones released in the last 3months to create a mild awareness they are enjoying now?
Even Nokia is crying. They released Nokia N8 which is a very powerful phone with 12 megapixel camera and Sat nav and it bombed. Nobody is even buying it.

I'm sticking to my Blackberry curve until further notice.
Re: Android, Anyone? by denzel2009: 12:59pm On Nov 11, 2010
na2day!:

ileke idi shocked
thats not how to do it o!
LWKMD

1. Download utorrent client here on your computer: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads
2. install d utorrent client
3. go to d torrent site as u've just done, type what u want, it will bring lots of returns, pick d one dat are more recent and click
4. it will show u many torrents site from where u can download
5. pick one and click
6. Look for download torrent button and click
7. it will bring up a pop up
8. press download wit uttorent and u're good to go

the advantage is dat, even if there's power cut and u put your PC back on, it will continue from where it stopped, u can use it to download latest film, softwares etc, just make sure your connection speed is OK b4 u start or u can be frustrated wit waiting for it to finish.

Easiest way to kill your computer is to have torrent clients on it. Thats where bad guys lurk.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
denzel2009:

Easiest way to kill your computer is to have torrent clients on it. Thats where bad guys lurk.

Any Bit torrent program is a P2P Program.

Pirate Bay is a P2P program. P2P stands for "Peer to Peer." In a P2P network, the "peers" are computer systems which are connected to each other via the Internet. Files can be shared directly between systems on the network without the need of a central server. In other words, each computer on a P2P network becomes a file server as well as a client.

The only requirements for a computer to join a peer-to-peer network are an Internet connection and P2P software. Common P2P software programs include Frostwire, Kazaa, Limewire, BearShare, Morpheus, Pirate Bay and Acquisition. These programs connect to a P2P network, such as "Gnutella," which allows the computer to access thousands of other systems on the network.

Once connected to the network, P2P software allows you to search for files on other people's computers. Meanwhile, other users on the network can search for files on your computer, but typically only within a single folder that you have designated to share. As such, your computer will slow way down while downloading files to other peoples computers. And once downloaded, a P2P program is nearly impossible to remove from your computer.

While P2P networking makes file sharing easy and convenient, is also has led to a lot of software piracy and illegal music downloads. Therefore, it is best to be on the safe side and only download software and music from legitimate websites. (Read: Don't use P2P programs)

By using P2P programs the wrong way you'll get a virus. P2P programs have a lot of fake files. Fake files are files pretending to be a song or movie, but are viruses.

When you do a search, you always see a lot of small files. Files too small to be a song or movie. Therefore it is very likely, that those small files are the fake files.

If you do decide to use a P2P program, to minimize the risk of getting infected, never download files smaller than 2500/3000kb.

Because nothing is completely safe, make sure your anti virus is up to date before you download and use any P2P program. In case a virus slips through - your anti virus software should take care of it, most of the time. (Maybe)
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2010
What happened to my previous post, it just disappeared! undecided

Anyways

denzel2009:

Yeah, there are bad guys everywhere on the net, and u can also download virus if u're not careful, its just for u to know what u're doing!

Pirate Bay is a P2P program. P2P stands for "Peer to Peer." In a P2P network, the "peers" are computer systems which are connected to each other via the Internet. Files can be shared directly between systems on the network without the need of a central server. In other words, each computer on a P2P network becomes a file server as well as a client.

The only requirements for a computer to join a peer-to-peer network are an Internet connection and P2P software. Common P2P software programs include Frostwire, Kazaa, Limewire, BearShare, Morpheus, Pirate Bay, Utorrent and Acquisition. These programs connect to a P2P network, such as "Gnutella," which allows the computer to access thousands of other systems on the network.

Once connected to the network, P2P software allows you to search for files on other people's computers. Meanwhile, other users on the network can search for files on your computer, but typically only within a single folder that you have designated to share. As such, your computer will slow way down while downloading files to other peoples computers. And once downloaded, a P2P program is nearly impossible to remove from your computer.

While P2P networking makes file sharing easy and convenient, is also has led to a lot of software piracy and illegal music downloads. Therefore, it is best to be on the safe side and only download software and music from legitimate websites. (Read: Don't use P2P programs)

By using P2P programs the wrong way you'll get a virus. P2P programs have a lot of fake files. Fake files are files pretending to be a song or movie, but are viruses.

When you do a search, you always see a lot of small files. Files too small to be a song or movie. Therefore it is very likely, that those small files are the fake files.

If you do decide to use a P2P program, to minimize the risk of getting infected, never download files smaller than 2500/3000kb.

Because nothing is completely safe, make sure your anti virus is up to date before you download and use any P2P program. In case a virus slips through - your anti virus software should take care of it, most of the time.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2010
What happened to my previous post, it just disappeared! undecided

Anyways

@denzel2009

Yeah, there are bad guys everywhere on the net, and u can also download virus if u're not careful, its just for u to know what u're doing!

The only requirements for a computer to join a peer-to-peer network are an Internet connection and P2P software. Common P2P software programs include Frostwire, Kazaa, Limewire, BearShare, Morpheus, Pirate Bay, Utorrent and Acquisition. These programs connect to a P2P network, such as "Gnutella," which allows the computer to access thousands of other systems on the network.

Because nothing is completely safe, make sure your anti virus is up to date before you download and use any P2P program. In case a virus slips through - your anti virus software should take care of it, most of the time.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? by denzel2009: 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2010
Na2day,

I think the spambot has been feasting on your posts.

I know P2P and all the other filesharing sites.Its just that its a very amateurish way of downloading stuffs. Based on your own experience,you know where you can be infected and you know how to avoid them. Please dont bomb Idi-Ileke's laptop.

Having anti-virus on your computer doesnt prevent you from contracting virus,its just there to mitigate the infection,so, dont put too much trust in them.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Seeke(f): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2010
@Na2day,

That's my Desire baby, I've been using it since July n that phone is just awesome. Yeah, you need that advanced task killer, it'd save your battery. My fave app has got to be Fake-Call Me. You can set the phone to ring at a particular time, n whoever you're with thinks your phone is actually ringing. It's got me out of 1 or 2 sticky situations. You know, you really wanna end a conversation with someone, and they just don't get it, and then your phone rings, the perfect get-away, cool

Could you share other apps you've got on your phone? I think I need more,
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2010
No wonder, i've been wondering who's using otomokpo on my post!  grin

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2010
denzel2009:

Na2day,

I know P2P and all the other filesharing sites.Its just that its a very amateurish way of downloading stuffs. Based on your own experience,you know where you can be infected and you know how to avoid them. Please dont bomb Idi-Ileke's laptop.

Having anti-virus on your computer doesnt prevent you from contracting virus,its just there to mitigate the infection,so, dont put too much trust in them.

dats the risk u take when u're getting free stuffs,
one of the things to note is never download files smaller than 30mb, i only use it for new film release and music,
but apart from d risk, its quite wonderful! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2010
Seeke:

@Na2day,

That's my Desire baby, I've been using it since July n that phone is just awesome. Yeah, you need that advanced task killer, it'd save your battery. My fave app has got to be Fake-Call Me. You can set the phone to ring at a particular time, n whoever you're with thinks your phone is actually ringing. It's got me out of 1 or 2 sticky situations. You know, you really wanna end a conversation with someone, and they just don't get it, and then your phone rings, the perfect get-away, cool

Could you share other apps you've got on your phone? I think I need more,

Dats nice to hear, i must check out dat fake call me app! grin

And to all of u compalining about the touchscreen keyboard, there is a paid keyboard app which is revolutionary!
You can try it but its a bit difficult to master, but if u do, u'll be glad u did!

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3OuCR0EpGo&rel=0&hl=en[/flash]

8pen app, check it out on marketplace (it used to be a paid app, but its now free)
Re: Android, Anyone? by denzel2009: 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2010
^^^Awesome.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? by Princeofilorin(m): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
Iphone 4 Kills HTC DEsire if u can afford it tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112)

How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / Airtel 20x Bonus, Recharge N100, Get N2000 + Free Data Bonus And Even More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.