Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Oh I’m Dying. I Want Someone To Love My Husband When I’m Gone - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Oh I’m Dying. I Want Someone To Love My Husband When I’m Gone (1407 Views)

This Is Killing Me I Am Dying I Need Advice? / I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / How Many Women Here Can Boldly Say, I Stood By Husband When He Had Nothing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh I’m Dying. I Want Someone To Love My Husband When I’m Gone by stellapatu: 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2019
I would have never expected to write a letter like this to someone I don’t know, but there’s a lot about my life no one ever expects. Living with cystic fibrosis — a progressive, terminal, genetic lung condition — for an entire lifetime, and having to face multiple double-lung transplants has given me the chance to think about life and death quite a bit. But it was love that changed my perception of the things that are important to me. It’s love that allowed me to appreciate the time I have, specifically the little amount that I’ve shared with my husband. Facing death isn’t difficult; facing death with the person I love is.

I remember the exact moment he and I met. I feel as though everyone has a wild fantasy of being swept off their feet by a gorgeous European man, but that never happens in real life. Yet here I was at a small restaurant in Hollywood called Birds, nervously waiting for my tall, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, European package to arrive. I half expected it to be a catfish situation.

Thirty minutes after our agreed meetup time, he was a no-show. I was slowly beginning to plan my exit strategy. Then like out of a 90s romantic comedy, he materialized as a large group of people crossed in front of the entryway. Wearing sunglasses, jeans, and a blue polo shirt, he made eye contact with me. I literally felt my heart skip a beat, which worried me because I was on heart medication already.

He smiled, sat down, and with his beautiful European accent said, “Hi Tree-vis.” He completely butchered my name, but I didn’t care. He could say my name however he wanted, just as long as he didn’t run when I told him more about myself, and the difficult road I was facing at the time: a second double-lung transplant. As I explained more about the things I was dealing with, he reached across the table and placed his hand on my arm to comfort me.I got my second double-lung transplant, a hurdle many people living with cystic fibrosis never survive. That milestone was followed by several more: a proposal, a marriage, and so many nights spent at home watching movies and eating spaghetti. But as we cross each threshold, I can increasingly feel in my bones that I won’t be the last person he loves in his lifetime. It started a few months ago. I just didn’t want to accept it.

As my second double-lung transplant started to fail, I understood that my version of forever wouldn’t be as long as his, but it was too painful to think about. Someday, maybe even sooner than we both hope, he will find a person to give his intense love and kind heart to again. He will cuddle up to watch TV shows with this person, like we used to do, have conversations about life, and envision the future with him, the way we had dreamed of having one together.

It was late November in Los Angeles, which is a strange time of year because the holiday spirit is in full force, yet the California sun gives no hint that winter is coming. My husband and I were gearing up to host my organ-donor’s family at our home for a late Thanksgiving dinner — a gift that is truly rare among the organ-transplant community. But prior to any celebration, we had to trek to Westwood for a follow-up visit with my transplant care team. It was a common flu-season appointment to make sure that my body was strong, healthy, and able to withstand any unexpected viruses due to anti-rejection medications that I take to suppress my immune system.

More details;

Re: Oh I’m Dying. I Want Someone To Love My Husband When I’m Gone by Moode(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hmmm... Couldn't read the whole story can some one summarize
Re: Oh I’m Dying. I Want Someone To Love My Husband When I’m Gone by obiekunie2: 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
gay bastaards! angry

4 Likes

Re: Oh I’m Dying. I Want Someone To Love My Husband When I’m Gone by MrOreo(m): 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
obiekunie2:
gay bastaards! angry
grin grin grin
My ey ya just turned to Wtf when i saw the pix too. Na wa o!
Regardless though,everybody deserves to the loved.

2 Likes

Re: Oh I’m Dying. I Want Someone To Love My Husband When I’m Gone by Boo3nity(m): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
I bet all the lazy ass Bleep girls, thots n super hungry milfs n gilfs of all colors n sizes on NL were ready to jump at this offer till they saw the pics... cheesy grin

...wait, una no wan take care of "my husband" again? ROTFLMAO
Re: Oh I’m Dying. I Want Someone To Love My Husband When I’m Gone by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
Boo3nity:
I bet all the lazy ass Bleep girls, thots n super hungry milfs n gilfs of all colors n sizes on NL were ready to jump at this offer till they saw the pics... cheesy grin

...wait, una no wan take care of "my husband" again? ROTFLMAO

grin grin grin

I swear down! I be want apply sharply sharply cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Mum And Daughter Were Asked To Leave The Supermarket For ‘inappropriate’ Crop To / Is It Right For A Man To Disown A Childborn Within Marriage Due To Paternity Fra / She Is Back But Nothing Has Changed So Far, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.