Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

Overcoming Emotional Eating! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Overcoming Emotional Eating! (378 Views)

7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day / Mum With An Autistic Child Reflects On Her Emotional Journey As He Turns 10 / I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Emotional Eating! by TigerFoods: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2019
Eating is a part of everyday life. The body can’t function without the nutrients it receives from food. Of course, occasionally indulging in delicious food despite not being hungry isn’t a problem, but it becomes unhealthy when you binge repeatedly to it because of your emotions.
Sometimes, emotional eating can also be linked to positive feelings, like the romance of sharing dessert on Valentine’s Day or the celebration of a holiday feast.
Do you eat to feel better or relieve stress? These tips can help you stop emotional eating, fight cravings, identify your triggers, and find more satisfying ways to feed your feelings.

1. Identify your triggers
To stop emotional eating, identify your triggers. What situations, places, or feelings make you crave for food? Most emotional eating is linked to unpleasant feelings, but it can also be triggered by positive emotions, such as rewarding yourself for achieving a goal or celebrating a holiday or happy event.

2. Find other ways to feed your feelings
It’s not enough to understand the cycle of emotional eating or even to understand your triggers, although that’s a huge first step. Find
alternatives to food that helps you to achieve emotional fulfilment. Read more <<<https://www.tigerfoods.com/overcoming-emotional-eating/

Re: Overcoming Emotional Eating! by ifyalways(f): 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2019
I over eat when Im happy. stress takes away my appetite. sad

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

LIFE: Meaning, Purpose And Our Existance. / African-nigerian Traditional Wedding: A Picture Of African Love / Habits Of Happy People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.