Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) (40184 Views)

Accident Kills 4 Keke Riders In Abuja, People On The Run (Photos) / Man kills 4 schoolchildren In Anambra while using phone While Driving / Accident In Benue Involving Toyota RAV4 & Another Car Kills 6 (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by MediaGuru36: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2019
Tragedy as vehicle kills family of three, one other in Benin

Tragedy struck in the early hours of today around Uselu Shell area of Benin city, Edo state when a private vehicle rammed into four children killing all.

Uselu is a popular residential area of Benin, located along the ever-busy Benin-Lagos expressway, leading in and out of New Benin and Ring Road axis.

Our correspondent reports that the Community is currently on a lockdown following the unfortunate incident.

The vehicle, a BMW drove by a middle-aged woman, was said to have had break failures before ramming into the four children-hawkers.

Igbere TV reliably gathered that three of the four children are from one family, and the only children of their parents.

The incident happened exactly at the traditional ground in Uselu, which is put to use only during the coronation of a new Oba.

Community youths have taken over the major roads in protest, setting the vehicle ablaze and lighting up a burn fire on the expressway.

More details to follow...

http://igberetvnews.com/1091433/tragedy-vehicle-kills-family-three-one-benin/

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by MediaGuru36: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2019
UPDATE 1:

The police later came and shot sporadically into the air to disperse the angry youths who blocked the highway.

In the process, five persons among the youths were said to have sustained gunshot wounds; one in the shoulder, another in the chest and the last person beside the eye.

An eyewitness said the police left with two of the injured youths as they retrieved the four bodies of the victims and deposited them at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, UBTH.

UPDATE 2:

Igbere TV now gathers that the four killed are - a pregnant woman and her three children.

Sources said they were waiting for a bus when the vehicle rammed into them killing all the four instantly.

Another source has it that the car was driven by a man who has since absconded. His wife (passenger) is said to have been injured and recuperating at UBTH.

The government is said to have left all drainage systems around the Uselu Shell axis open after a clean-up exercise on the gutters.

The victims of today's accident were said to have taken to the ever-busy highway as alternative since the regular walkways have been blocked with muds removed from the gutters.

3 Likes

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by Greenback: 11:52am On Oct 26, 2019
Wokhinaaaaaaa!!!!! What a huge tragedy!

8 Likes

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by judgementyard(m): 11:53am On Oct 26, 2019
RIP to the little kids.
Will the kids come back to life after setting the car ablaze

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 26, 2019
Break failure na one of the disadvantages of driving a car. E dey happen anytime even amidst regular checks. E pain me say the driver was just unlucky to kill the kids. Kids that shouldn't be selling by the roadside in the first place. May their soul rest in peace. My problem is why burn the car? As burnt offering? Or it will resurrect the dead? I just tire for my country people.

During my hustling days In Ibadan I managed to buy one Toyota Orobo. Master brake had issues I repaired instead of replace. The day wey ogun for kee na the day wey the brake fail. On top molete bridge I was going to beere. Match brake na fuuushhaaaa I hear. I begin to shibaraba santaribobo in tongues even though I know say the prayer no fit answer. Because na olosho I dey carry go drop for house and I no give her chingbain. I give her solid lamba with intention say as I drop I go zoom off. Brake fail I started thinking fast. Beere road is everyly busy. If I keep on people go die. One solid canal dey there. I been wan try James Bond jump out of motor after steering the car towards the canal. As I dey think am I see one very sweet god sent Micra dey drive out from nowhere. I no think am twice..... Skrrrrrree gbosaaaaa. I hit the car men. For my mind I was like we go settle am. Nobody die. The man came down. Me see come down but as sharp man I Don lie down dey beg already. E joor sir. E joor sir. The man anywhere he dey God go bless am. His micra had iron guiding for back. He just looked at his boot saw the little damage. Turned to me and said, "Now you're a man", and drove away.

I was shook visibly. Enter motor start am e start. Thank god. Match brake e work. Match am again e work. Olosho was nowhere to be found. I just turned around,drove home, parked by the road and put big pangolo on the car. Wetin I buy no go kill me.

Bottom line... 1.Check your car regularly.
2.If anything needs to be bought to fix the car buy.
3.If eventually brake fail find inanimate object ram and pray for the best.
4. No carry Ibadan olosho. If you carry pay her well.

295 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by mii4u(f): 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is so heartbreaking
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
angry

1 Like

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by Tapout(m): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
rip to the kids....burning the car however was just hateful.

3 Likes

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by banio: 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sad
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by PussyKing(m): 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
angry
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by pointstores(m): 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
Nawa
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by ursullalinda(f): 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
Oh my God!...... maybe his brakes failed him.... May God rest their souls and console the family.
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by realstars: 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2019
shocked
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by LordAzubuike(f): 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2019
People have formed this habit of lynching the driver or setting his car on fire after an accident. Sometimes I just wonder why Africans have the kind of peanut brains they ought not to have.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by TakeItOrLeaveIt: 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2019
RIP to the dead, God have mercy

Let's repair your faulty laptop
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by Stin6x: 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
May the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of the lord rest in peace Amen! Lord give the family the fortitude to bear the unforseen loss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sad

To who ever ban me for no reason. Your car too
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by Sweetcollins: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
My own benin
Jesu
Rest on kids

1 Like

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by sonnie10: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
The more you look, the less you see. No be Edo again?
The is always looking for who to use.

1 Like

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by wonuks(m): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
RIP to the Dead. It's well

Pay after we've designed your website. Check my signature or profile for details
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by ijechikky(f): 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2019
Shibaraba:
Break failure na one of the disadvantages of driving a car. E dey happen anytime even amidst regular checks. E pain me say the driver was just unlucky to kill the kids. Kids that shouldn't be selling by the roadside in the first place. May their soul rest in peace. My problem is why burn the car? As burnt offering? Or it will resurrect the dead? I just tire for my country people.

During my hustling days In Ibadan I managed to buy one Toyota Orobo. Master brake had issues I repaired instead of replace. The day wey ogun for kee na the day wey the brake fail. On top molete bridge I was going to beere. Match brake na fuuushhaaaa I hear. I begin to shibaraba santaribobo in tongues even though I know say the prayer no fit answer. Because na olosho I dey carry go drop for house and I no give her chingbain. I give her solid lamba with intention say as I drop I go zoom off. Brake fail I started thinking fast. Beere road is everyly busy. If I keep on people go die. One solid canal dey there. I been wan try James Bond jump out of motor after steering the car towards the canal. As I dey think am I see one very sweet god sent Micra dey drive out from nowhere. I no think am twice..... Skrrrrrree gbosaaaaa. I hit the car men. For my mind I was like we go settle am. Nobody die. The man came down. Me see come down but as sharp man I Don lie down dey beg already. E joor sir. E joor sir. The man anywhere he dey God go bless am. His micra had iron guiding for back. He just looked at his boot saw the little damage. Turned to me and said, "Now you're a man", and drove away.

I was shook visibly. Enter motor start am e start. Thank god. Match brake e work. Match am again e work. Olosho was nowhere to be found. I just turned around,drove home, parked by the road and put big pangolo on the car. Wetin I buy no go kill me.

You get luck I swear...
You for don dey below because of your d!ck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by Shakaranews2: 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2019
Considering the location where the accident occurred, I think the Obas have a hand in this. The gods needed blood. Op, was the lady lynched or she escaped?

Meanwhile, see beautiful Transformation and latest update on the life of Destined Kids, Rejoice Iwueze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUNTOir0oOg

1 Like

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by mitchyy(f): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
OMG
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by HacheNoire: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2019

Ogun lakaiye
Ọsin mole
Ogun alada méjì
Ofi okan sanko
Ofi okan yena
Ọjo ogun nti ori oke bo
Aso ina lo mu bora
Ẹwu eje lowo
Ogun onile owo
Ọlo na ola
Ogun onile Kongun kongun Ọrun
Olomi ni ile feje we
Olaso nile fimo kimo bora
Ogun apon leyin iju
Egbe lehin omo kan
Ogun meje logun mi
Ogun alara ni n gb’aja
Ogun onire a gb’agbo
Ogun ikole a gb’agbin
Ogun ila a gb’esun isu
Ogun akirin a gb’awo agbo
Ogun elemono eran ahun ni je
Ogun makinde ti dogun leyin odi
Bi o ba gba tapa a gb’aboki
A gba ukuuku a gba kemberi
Nje nibo lati gbe pade ogun?
A pade ogun nibi ija
A pade re nibi ita
A pade re nibi agbara eje ti nsan
Agbara eje ti ndeni lorun
Bi omi ago
Bomode ba ndale
Ki o mase da Ogun
Oro Ogun leewo
Ara Ogun kan go go go!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by OtemAtum: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
What a loss!
Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
Shibaraba:

you be comedian i swear

9 Likes

Re: Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) by imam07: 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
Women in this our generation. Shey nah by force to drive a car. See what she caused now. If nah man, he go know how to manouver d car wen d break fails. But women nah to dey kill people with car. Expecially these mama alayes. Those idiots go dey inside car and wind up with ac pumping.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Without A Driver Kills A Woman In Anambra (Photos) / Great Airports Of Africa - Pics / Driver Sleeping Under A Lorry Crushed In Abakaliki (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.