Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

How Much Does A Dedicated Server Cost? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Does A Dedicated Server Cost? (2393 Views)

Need A Dedicated Server To Set Up An Email Server? How About This One? / I Need A Dedicated United States Vpn For Free.which Website Offers Such For Free / Need A Dedicated Server With This Recommendation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does A Dedicated Server Cost? by suxes2005(m): 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2010
I will like to know how much it costs
one on a dedicated server. A very
good plan

SHALOM
Re: How Much Does A Dedicated Server Cost? by DualCore1: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2010
Managed server 150 usd per month. Unmanaged, less.
Re: How Much Does A Dedicated Server Cost? by doncigalo: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2010
Depends, what are your requirements ?
Re: How Much Does A Dedicated Server Cost? by suxes2005(m): 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2010
Dual Core:

Managed server 150 usd per month. Unmanaged, less.

Tnx dual, pls wats the difference and
which is the best?

doncigalo:

Depends, what are your requirements ?

# 8 GB DDR2 Memory
# 2 X 500 GB Hard Drives
# 2,500 GB Bandwidth
# 13 Dedicated IPs

I copied that from hostgator though
but I am asking cos I want to host
my forum and one of my high site on it

SHALOM
Re: How Much Does A Dedicated Server Cost? by doncigalo: 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2010
Well based on your specs and the nature of your websites, I would suggest you go for standard web hosting packages. But if you do want a dedicated server package then I suggest you go for a shared package to keep the costs down. Ive use this company www.rackspace.co.uk, and they got good 24/7 support and are quite good . They will also call you in Naija to fully ascertain what you need, plus their prices are reasonable.
Re: How Much Does A Dedicated Server Cost? by suxes2005(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2010
doncigalo:

Well based on your specs and the nature of your websites, I would suggest you go for standard web hosting packages. But if you do want a dedicated server package then I suggest you go for a shared package to keep the costs down. Ive use this company www.rackspace.co.uk, and they got good 24/7 support and are quite good . They will also call you in Naija to fully ascertain what you need, plus their prices are reasonable.

Thanks

SHALOM

(1) (Reply)

Easy Method To Create Your Own Power Bank / Feedback And "contact Us", Are They The Same? / How Do I Prevent My Website From Being Hacked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.