Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,593 members, 7,861,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Understanding The Glory Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Glory Of God (268 Views)

The Glory Of Godly Women (genesis And Exodus) / The Glory Of His Grace ( sin, repentance and salvation ) / "The Glory Of His Presence with Pastor Benny Hinn" In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Glory Of God by judedwriter(m): 10:59am On Oct 27, 2019
What is the glory of God?

It is the manifestation of God's presence by His word through the Holy Spirit.

Genesis 1:1-3
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

It is the manifestation of God's favor, blessings, power and miracles.

2 Samuel 6:11
The ark of the LORD remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite for three months, and the LORD blessed him and his entire household.

When God manifests Himself, His presence shines gloriously like a very bright light. The glory of God can be likened to the sun, but it is more brighter than the sun itself.

Acts 26: 12-13
“On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. About noon, King Agrippa, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions.

Just like radiant light to human sight, the glory of God will draw many people to you. You will be great, famous and be celebrated by many. You will be highly favored.

Ecclesiates 11:17
Truly the light is sweet, And it is pleasant for the eyes to behold the sun;

Isaiah 60:1-3
“Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.

See, darkness covers the earth
and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the LORD rises upon you
and his glory appears over you.

Nations will come to your light,
and kings to the brightness of your dawn."

The answer to poverty is God's glory. God never intended man to be poor. Poverty came as a result of the removal of God's glorious covering on mankind. Poverty does not glorify God because He is rich, the richest of the richest.

Proverbs 10:22
The blessing of the LORD makes one rich...

Haggai 2:8
The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.

I kings 3:13
And I have also given you what you have not asked: both riches and honor, so that there shall not be anyone like you among the kings all your days.

God's original plan of making man was to reflect or mirror His glory to all creation. We are made in God's image to manifest His glory. It is the glory of God that subjects all things, including the powers of darkness and all our problems under our feet. We can reign as kings and queens on earth by God's glory.

Psalm 8:4-8
What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?
You have made them a little lower than the angels
and crowned them with glory and honor.

You made them rulers over the works of your hands,
you put everything under their
feet:
all flocks and herds,
and the animals of the wild,
the birds in the sky,
and the fish in the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

Destiny fulfillment is only possible by the glory of God. The more of God's glory in your life, the more you progress, succeed and prosper. The more you are promoted.

Genesis 39:2-4
The LORD was with Joseph so that he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master.

When his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD gave him success in everything he did, Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant.

Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned.

The major problem of humanity today is that we have fallen short of God's glory because of sin.

Roman's 3:23
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

The reason we have so many believers oppressed and afflicted by demons today is because they lack God's glory.

Poverty, stagnation, shame, failure, defeat, backwardness, sickness, etc. are all a result of the absence of God's glory.

1 Samuel 4:21-22
And she named the child Ichabod, saying,

"The glory has departed from Israel!” because the ark of God had been captured and because of her father-in-law and her husband.

And she said, “The glory has departed from Israel, for the ark of God has been captured.”

God wants us to understand how to walk in and increase in His glory these end times. A major reason is that He wants us to finance the gospel to be preached globally and souls saved globally.

In God's agenda, the major purpose of finances is soul-winning. The glory of God will manifest great wealth and riches in our lives; but its major purpose is for the gospel.

Mark 16:15
He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Haggai 2:7
And I will shake all nations, so that the treasures of all nations shall come in, and I will fill this house (and my people) with glory, says the LORD of hosts.

However, the major glory killer is SIN. Disobedience to God robs you of your glorious destiny. When you are live in sin, you give the devil opportunity to steal your glory.

No other sin affects our bodies like sexual sin; so ANY sex outside marriage will greatly rubbish God's glory in our lives. No other sin affects our glory like sexual sins.

1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

The question is: how do we increase in God's glory?

1. Spend more and more time to read and study God's word. God's word is the major way He reveals His glory.

2. Pray more and more in the Holy Spirit.

3. Praise and worship God.

4. Live a holy life. Be sexually pure.

Keep shinning!

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West's Former Brother-In-Law Lamar Odom: 'I Got Saved This Weekend' / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Are Dancing Along The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.