Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) (49828 Views)

10-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Kano Italian Pond While Bathing; Body Recovered (Photo / Anambra Student On Excursion Drowns In Ebonyi River (Photos) / Charles Chukwukelue Ebele Drowns In River Niger, Gave Life Jacket To Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by Abdulazeez99: 8:27am On Oct 28, 2019
A lady identified as Farida Saminu, drowned in floodwater in Kaduna state on Sunday evening October 27th.

According to reports, Farida was scheduled to have her wedding on Friday November 1st.

A relative of the deceased, Husaini K. who spoke to newsmen this morning, said Farida went for a meeting with the makeup artriste she had contracted for her wedding and was heading home when the tragic incident occurred.

She boarded a tricycle that had five passengers including herself. Igbere TV gathers that sadly as they were climbing a bridge, the water wave swept the tricycle to the edge of the bridge and she fell into the river.

She was the only casualty in the unfortunate incident. Husaini said Farida's body has not been found.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2470095136422235&id=208430435922061

http://igberetvnews.com/1094780/lady-drowns-floodwater-five-days-wedding-kaduna-photos/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 28, 2019
So sad
Beautiful lady bright future.... Gone
Husband to be.... Completely devastated, will be depressed by now.

If I talk some dimwits go start to open the toilets they call mouths to insult their generation.
I no kuku send una.
Truth is the government killed her.
Someone from daura killed her.
Dimwits and 30k earners killed this lady
Her blood is on your heads.

Unless you explain how flood for that part of the country go carry person comot from bridge enter river if the things that should have been put in place are in place. That is if you have brains to process what I mean actually. BBQ guy see meat. Over to you.

38 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by eTECTIV: 8:35am On Oct 28, 2019
D fact dat she was d only casualty is why U shld fear village ppl...

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by falcon01: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2019
why will the napep Guy follow that road? why are people Risking life uselessly? I can risk My life but on important things but this? this is just a low blow. And to the person above who commented village people, I Hope you get enlightened.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by chii8(f): 9:20am On Oct 28, 2019
Chaii...rest in peace, young Lady.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by Kendumazy(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2019
Quite sad. May her soul rest in perfect peace and may God comfort her husband and her family.

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by PureGoldh(m): 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2019
What a tragedic news.... May God grant her eternal rest cry

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by Freemanbobble: 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2019
Na wetin my mummy take dey warn me that time say if rain dey fall make i hide make the rain and erosion subside

I will never forget that warning

Mothers are great
We have only one true love in life and that is mother's love

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by superlanny(m): 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
This is a really tragic news, and I have much sympathy for her and her family,RIP

but things just don't happen and for an action is always a reaction, we need to take care of our climate and global warming is a serious threat to humanity, a very disgusting habit by Nigerians is disposing of waste indiscriminately, and we expect the drainages to flow freely, and everybody is guilt of it, pure water nylon, biscuit nylon, all types of nylon, disposable pack, bottled and can drinks, the one wey dey pain me pass na when rain come start, and mama shukura anyanwu will bring all the dirty wey dey yard, come throw wey inside gutter , na she go come dey swear for Buhari, not know that when you put your finger at someone, three more is pointing directly at you, let's learn to dispose waste properly and go Green.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by thorpido(m): 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
Were they attempting to navigate through that kind of water with that Napep? Unnecessary risk.
The girl is underage sef.Child bride.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by MountainView: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
It's all part of the plan. It was meant to happen.

I need an investor for a Tech start-up.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by buharified009(m): 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
rip... But this my people sha, we need to end child marraiges, asap.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by ednut1(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2019
Rip. But she looks too young to be bridge

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by Andersonjr(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2019
Ehya! This is sad indeed cry
Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by alizma: 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2019
People should learn how to speak out when the need arise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by lyriclekidd(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
Rip
Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by YaksonFCA(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
Sad. RIP
Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
The body has not been found. How did they know that she is dead?

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by Yunedax: 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
PureGoldh:
What a tragedic news.... May God grant her eternal rest cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by frozen70g(f): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
That shows that she was the target and the only reason that accident occurred

Let them go and feast on her corpse

It's only God that can take revenge

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by wisdom042(m): 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
Death at the edge of ur happiness.

Why is she the only one dat died amongst others?

May God not allow such to happen to us all

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by maxzzo1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
Sad but this girl look like 15yrs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by kareemkamil(m): 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
RIP sister
Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2019
Why would a small girl like this who should be in primary school be about to marry for goodness sakes. This girl is not even 10 years old I guess. Tragedy every where for 9ja. And to think someone somewhere had embezzled the money that could have been used to fix that road and drainages. Imagine probably that road gulps billions yearly in budgetary allocation for decades.

Our northern people should stop this practices of childhood marriage abeg. These girls should be in school.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2019
Sigh... Naija.... If you cross 50 years of age, you are a true survivor.

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos) by nabegibeg: 12:57pm On Oct 28, 2019
Abdulazeez99:
A lady identified as Farida Saminu, drowned in floodwater in Kaduna state on Sunday evening October 27th.

According to reports, Farida was scheduled to have her wedding on Friday November 1st.

A relative of the deceased, Husaini K. who spoke to newsmen this morning, said Farida went for a meeting with the makeup artriste she had contracted for her wedding and was heading home when the tragic incident occurred.

She boarded a tricycle that had five passengers including herself. Igbere TV gathers that sadly as they were climbing a bridge, the water wave swept the tricycle to the edge of the bridge and she fell into the river.

She was the only casualty in the unfortunate incident. Husaini said Farida's body has not been found.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2470095136422235&id=208430435922061

http://igberetvnews.com/1094780/lady-drowns-floodwater-five-days-wedding-kaduna-photos/

When you see a flood never attempt entering it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plane Forced To Make Emergency Landing After Passenger Refused To Stop Farting ( / 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.