Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Nature Or Nurture? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nature Or Nurture? (1175 Views)

After Being Abandoned These 7 Kids Found A Way To Survive In Nature On Their Own / 7 Horrible Things That Cannot Be Explained By Human Nature!!! / Federal Polytechnic Nekede: Nature Of Aptitude Test Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nature Or Nurture? by Anonymous2(m): 10:49pm On May 21, 2007
There have been many controversies about high intelligence whether its a result of hereditary or hard work. Few days ago on CNN, it was hypothetcally stated based on observations with time in the USA that Asians score highest in SAT and other like exams and they go ahead to be very successful in their different areas of specialization. But the young Asian boy that was interviewed said that his success is based on hard work due to pressure from the parents. I quite agree with this even though its been said that IQ could be linked with genes. I have read an artcle by David Plotz on "genius Babies" talking about Robert Graham's sperm bank for Nobel prize winners with an intention to stop genetic decay. One of the grown babies said "Before I thought I didn't have the potential. Now I think I have got the potential and that I'm just lazy," some others are doing extremely well academically but, Its a common error to assume that because something is heritable it is necessarily unchangeable. This is wrong. Heritability does not imply immutability. Heritable traits can depend on learning. Even height and genotypes can be controlled. Environment plays a vital role too on one's IQ. . . I would like to know what u guys feel about this; is genius an evident of nature or nurture?
Re: Nature Or Nurture? by iice(f): 5:23pm On May 22, 2007
Interesting. . .i think a mixture of both.
Re: Nature Or Nurture? by moshoodn(m): 5:13am On Jun 26, 2007
Its a combination of both.
They complement each other.
They're both vital.
Although it is more of nature bt u know nature has to be nurtured else it extincts.
Re: Nature Or Nurture? by MP007(m): 8:42am On Jun 26, 2007
cos u book stmart doesnt mean u really smart , cos u got a high IQ score deosnt means other are stupid, we are intelligent in various ways ,
Re: Nature Or Nurture? by Judith07: 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2007
i dont think this is a matter of stupidity or smartness.it is a known fact that some people have a higher IQ than some others and they are said to be more intelligent.but if u dont cultivate the habit of studying,the high IQ just means u have potential.u need hardwork to unlock the potential.likewise, a person with a not so great level of IQ can work hard and be as good as one with a high IQ.
summary:i think it is more of nurture than nature
Re: Nature Or Nurture? by lysaa(f): 4:59pm On Nov 07, 2009
nature or nuture,hmm food for thot. brb

(1) (Reply)

ASUU On Strike: Student Are Idle While Sam Egu Celebrating / Admission Open For September 2010 Intake In Belarus,ukraine,kyrgyz Republic, / When Is Unilag Diploma Registration Starting For Admitted Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.