Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers (25514 Views)

Osun Police Arrest Man With Body Parts Of His Friend's Girlfriend (Photo) / Osun Police Parade Kidnappers Who Killed & Dumped Bodies Of 2 Teenagers (Photo) / Osun Police Rescue 20-Year-Old Girl Locked Up By Her Father For 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by GistmoreNG: 5:22am On Oct 29, 2019
Some armed soldiers, on Monday, invaded the Osun State Police Command headquarters in Osogbo and broke the gate and caused panic in the area.

According to some traders near the police headquarters, three of the soldiers had already entered the premises before the others were stopped at the gate.

A trader, who identified herself simply as Nkechi, claimed that many of those with business in the area had to hurriedly close for the day for fear of being caught in the crossfire

She told our correspondent that about 25 armed soldiers were seen at the gate of the command headquaters engaging the policemen manning the area in a hot argument around 1pm.

“Later, a senior police officer with the name tag, Edward Ebuka, intervened and the soldiers left the area,” Nkechi stated.

A top security source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told our correspondent that three soldiers, who entered the premises, were arrested and disarmed by the policemen, while the others left.

He said the mission of the soldiers in the area might not be unconnected with the arrest and detention of a soldier on Saturday for an offence that could not be immediately ascertained.

The source stated, “Those who came had planned to disarm our men at the gate. A soldier is being held at the State Criminal Investigation Bureau since Saturday for an offence I don’t know.

“I think those soldiers, who came to the command headquarters, wanted to forcefully free him. Presently, four soldiers are being held here.”

When contacted for a reaction, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Folasade Odoro, neither confirmed nor denied the incident.

“Newsmen will be briefed later on what happened here today (Monday) very soon,” she simply stated.

https://punchng.com/armed-soldiers-invade-osun-police-command-headquarters/amp/

1 Share

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by GistmoreNG: 5:22am On Oct 29, 2019
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by BE811APP: 5:29am On Oct 29, 2019
9ja I hail thee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Johnpaul1099: 5:30am On Oct 29, 2019
Ememies from the days of our father

4 Likes

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Ibcrown(m): 5:30am On Oct 29, 2019
Oga na master
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by PDPBOY(m): 5:30am On Oct 29, 2019
Wetin man no go see
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by MetroBaba1(m): 5:30am On Oct 29, 2019
A police station invaded by armed soldiers?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Ifjes99(m): 5:30am On Oct 29, 2019
This is 9ja, home of wonders

1 Like

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Eportal123: 5:32am On Oct 29, 2019
Zoogerians !!!
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by explosiveskull(m): 5:33am On Oct 29, 2019
No na, not again, why bringing bad name to the force?
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Nukilia: 5:33am On Oct 29, 2019
Military era gradually creeping in...
#ACoupMightHappenSoon lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by kissval1388: 5:33am On Oct 29, 2019
I don tire for Naija.. Please is South Africa safe now??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by sonofanarchy(m): 5:34am On Oct 29, 2019
This can only happen in Nigeria.. nothing Musa no go see for gate

2 Likes

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by miniziter(m): 5:36am On Oct 29, 2019
I thought they said a soldier can't be detained by the police.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 29, 2019
If two elephants fight, it's grass that suffers
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by coolcharm(m): 5:41am On Oct 29, 2019
miniziter:
I taught they said a soldier can't be detained by the police.
Nobody taught you that.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Ryan03(f): 5:41am On Oct 29, 2019
miniziter:
I taught they said a soldier can't be detained by the police.
nor worry, wear army uniform make you commit crime thinking you are immune

16 Likes

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by EddyNumerouno(m): 5:42am On Oct 29, 2019
The police is constantly underfunded,
Simple things such as “Operation Positive Identification” will be carried out by the army .

Well, good for police, even husband and wife quarrel, police will come with gun. Intimidation is the only language the police speak, but army sabi speak pass

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Ryan03(f): 5:42am On Oct 29, 2019
explosiveskull:
No na, not again, why bringing bad name to the force?
bad name to the force? How?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Ryan03(f): 5:43am On Oct 29, 2019
Johnpaul1099:
Ememies from the days of our father
I nor know wetin the two of them dey fight for, everyone have their duty to perform so why hate each other?

1 Like

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Midas01: 5:45am On Oct 29, 2019
Revenge of the Yahoo boys

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by riczy(m): 5:45am On Oct 29, 2019
Since its an Area command this news may nt b fake! But to detain more soldiers dt, I cn ascertain for real. Now my advice: beef ur security cox they're comn back

1 Like

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by riczy(m): 5:45am On Oct 29, 2019
Since its an Area command this news may nt b fake! But to detain more soldiers dt, I cn ascertain for real. Now my advice: beef ur security cox they're comn back!
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by NigeriaIsDoomed: 5:48am On Oct 29, 2019
Zoo country grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by sweetonugbu: 5:49am On Oct 29, 2019
Family affair
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by RichDad1(m): 5:52am On Oct 29, 2019
Soldiers or armed robbers ?
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by explosiveskull(m): 5:59am On Oct 29, 2019
Ryan03:
bad name to the force? How?
How can a soldier be detained by the police of a country, and soldiers want to release him by force like they are above the law?
If the case wasn't well attended to, don't you know what would have happened? People would have died, innocent people for that matter sef.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Zombiekiller010: 6:04am On Oct 29, 2019
Lol, is this not funny?
Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by ruggedtimi(m): 6:05am On Oct 29, 2019
you be soldier mean say you be untouchable

2 Likes

Re: Osun Police Command Headquarters Invaded By Armed Soldiers by Passionate888: 6:05am On Oct 29, 2019
Which way Nigeria?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Injures Officers During Arrest At Underground Station In Italy.PICS / Drunk Police Officer Mocked In Inisha, Osun State (Video) / Two Young Robbers Paraded In Ibusa, Delta After Being Caught In The Act. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.