Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa (39064 Views)

Gunfight At Tin Can Between Hoodlums In Apapa, Lagos / Saki Youths Burn Cattle-Laden Truck For Killing A Boy In Oyo (Disturbing Photos) / 40-Foot Container Laden With Tramadol & Codeine Intercepted By Police In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by francisbarrack(m): 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2019
Wic way 9ja?
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by ManiGram01(m): 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2019
Tina26:
Millions wasted . Nigeria is such a shithole

You're living in a shit hole too
Honestly i don't know why things that happens in Nigeria still surprises you people
You should just be like oh!
And stop reacting like these is the first time a bad thing is happening in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by KrystosCJ(m): 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2019
They say it is because of faulty refrigerator. We know it is because somebody's palms were not greased.

1 Like

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Righteousness89(m): 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nigerian killing Nigerians...
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Okuda(m): 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2019
man the people i feel sorry for are those occupants of the 4 houses who have to smell rotten pussy for days until something is done about it.. deyom!

2 Likes

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by batstan(m): 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2019
Tina26:
Millions wasted . Nigeria is such a shithole
Souls were lost recently, can't we be grateful it's just money that is lost?
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by falcon01: 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2019
emeijeh:

Chihuahua and barking dog abi? grin
I swear
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Mummymahdi(f): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2019
rentAcock:
I think the shipping company is to blame for the faulty refrigerator. They know they were transporting frozen and edible goods but didn't have working refrigerators. The importer should sue for damages.

exactly

1 Like

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by midnighter(f): 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2019
Are they insured

How did it really get spoiled? Will the haulier recompense the owner of the goods?
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by midnighter(f): 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2019
DesChyko:
Too bad.
Back to why they got rotten.
Did they get rotten because the owner couldn't afford the duty or because the duty charged would result in a loss for the owner?

This is a good point. Customs like to hold people's stuff to ransom

What if the charges cost even more than potential profit for the wares? Terrible
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Originalsly: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2019
NoGender:

And be forcing innocent me to use my muscular arm and widen it open.

Hmmm.... is this another joke? ...you want to be finished again?

@topic..... glad the fish all got rotten... of no use. The importer/shipping agency should be billed for clean up cost.... not the taxpayers. The men cleaning up the mess should've been cleaning up public mess in the city.... not private mess. Why glad?... why do we have to import fish? ... is Nigeria land locked?....that need to stop.
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by DexterousOne(m): 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2019
donbachi:
Fruitless venture...person go suffer hustle hard,carry the money invest into an importation business...only to hear sey d goods don perish....GOD forbid...anything buried anywhere to bury our money,investment and labour..back fire in Jesus name.

Fire oh
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by nlPoster: 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2019
That's terrible.
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by DexterousOne(m): 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2019
Originalsly:

Hmmm.... is this another joke? ...you want to be finished again?

@topic..... glad the fish all got rotten... of no use. The importer/shipping agency should be billed for clean up cost.... not the taxpayers. The men cleaning up the mess should've been cleaning up public mess in the city.... not private mess. Why glad?... why do we have to import fish? ... is Nigeria land locked?....that need to stop.

What is this one saying?
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2019
donbachi:
Fruitless venture...person go suffer hustle hard,carry the money invest into an importation business...only to hear sey d goods don perish....GOD forbid...anything buried anywhere to bury our money,investment and labour..back fire in Jesus name.

The first thought that bang my mind when I read the headline, you said it all!

2 Likes

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Funkybabee(f): 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2019
was the rotten caused by the suppliers or from clearing delay because the owner must sue the supplier for this
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by movid(m): 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2019
Good afternoon brothers and sisters. Please I want to write IELTS exam, pls how much will I pay ?
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Malawian(m): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2019
Yorubas are the ones that import frozen foods in this country mostly.
A Yoruba Alhaja is in sifia pains somewhere rigth now.
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2019
Feel so sorry for the owners
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by mildflame: 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2019
PureGoldh:
Chai....the number of containers wey em customs Don seize wey Don enter demurrage no be here oooh..

Person go suffer import goods from Yankee.. To clear am go be problem.. Dem go quote the kind money wey if you sum everything up.. You nO go even see change from your hustle....las Las we go dey alright sha undecided

My people.. If you need Pure Original HOney.. Check out my profile for more details or call me on the number attached to my signature below

before you go import shey u no do the necessary things, nia una type de do smuggling
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by PureGoldh(m): 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
mildflame:

before you go import shey u no do the necessary things, nia una type de do smuggling

Lwkmd... Bro, you will not understand.

I no even dey smuggle anything.. The honey I do sell is locally sourced and cultivated.. I dont sell pasturized Honey..

Our own na our own.. E make sense pass

1 Like

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Beautyaddy: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
rentAcock:
I think the shipping company is to blame for the faulty refrigerator. They know they were transporting frozen and edible goods but didn't have working refrigerators. The importer should sue for damages.

So Nigerians are importing fish too
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by midnighter(f): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2019
PureGoldh:

Lwkmd... Bro, you will not understand.

I no even dey smuggle anything.. The honey I do sell is locally sourced and cultivated.. I dont sell pasturized Honey..

Our own na our own.. E make sense pass

Please, but why do you sell unpasteurized honey? So how do people eat it,do they have to boil it first?
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by AntiWailer: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
donbachi:

Must u invest in crime ?
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by PureGoldh(m): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
midnighter:

Please, but why do you sell unpasteurized honey? So how do people eat it,do they have to boil it first?

Nice question...

Well, I don't heat up my honey.

The honey on its own is Natural and can last over a long period of time... The only process I do apply is Seiving so as to make it clean for consumption.

Honey is not meant to be cooked(Pasturized). That's what My forefathers and I also believe in.

Good afternoon ma'am
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by obidark: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2019
shey una see how wicked this africans are....??

later they will be talkin about black power....

nonesense....
Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by babestella: 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
funmijoyb:
Business people rather prefer foodstuffs to waste than giving it to d needy free .
Of what benefit is rotten fish to the owners now?

Please read the news article again, your comment is off point. The import of the story does not suggest stinginess on the part of "business people", if you are looking for free food, go to any IDP camps nearest to you, a church or a mosque, you'll get free food.

However, the importer should sue the shipping company for shipping perishable goods with faulty refrigerating system.

2 Likes

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by midnighter(f): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2019
PureGoldh:

Nice question...

Well, I don't heat up my honey.

The honey on its own is Natural and can last over a long period of time... The only process I do apply is Seiving so as to make it clean for consumption.

Honey is not meant to be cooked(Pasturized). That's what My forefathers and I also believe in.

Good afternoon ma'am

Okay, thanks. I wish I could eat honey but since I was child I never liked it. What do you recommend I use to eat it?

Good afternoon

1 Like

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by Fhemmmy: 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nigerian ports are the most useless in the world, it should not take more than couple of days to clear a container or anything BUT because the customs wants bribe at every opportunity, they will delay and mess people up.
How can a country like Nigeria still be carrying files from one table to another in the age and season for clearing? That is sadly pathetic and yet the government don't see a reason to make things automated

1 Like

Re: Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa by babestella: 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2019
DexterousOne:

What is this one saying?

Don't mind that one, there are lots of mentally unstable folks in Nigeria, some even deliberately sold their brain for a bowl of sugary pap (akamu, Ogi) grin grin grin grin grin, I'm not surprised at his comment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commuters Run As Armed Men Rob Motorists On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) / Gunmen Kill Bolt Driver In Rivers, Steal His Car / Kidnappers' Hideout, Where School Children Were Taken, Busted In Epe, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.