Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less (22208 Views)

At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? / How Did You Land Your Current Job? / At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
Hi, I guess you’re looking for a better job, for opening this article. Or maybe you are out of job already; I am going to show you how you can get a quality job within a few months. I have heard a lot of graduates complain that there are no jobs, but this year alone I have turned down about 5 quality jobs that wasn’t in line with my career objective.

“Sounds like I am bluffing?”

The fact is this; what is difficult for someone, might be so easy for another. The question remains “Why hasn’t everyone known about this method I know?”

It is simple. If everyone knows it, then it is no longer a secret.

Some of the points I will raise here might be something you might have seen or heard before. The truth is when you don’t do things the right way; you won’t get the right result.

Allow me to show you the 5 secrets I have used to get various jobs that I ended up even rejecting.

1. Make your CV Engaging

The average time you can keep the attention of a hiring manager glued to your CV is 7 seconds. This means that he has about 7 seconds to know exactly who you are (strength, abilities and suitable job role).

Can your CV explain you in 7 seconds? If NO, how can you improve it?

Here are some tips;

- Replace your objectives with a “soft skills summary”. The hiring Manager already knows that your objective is looking for a better job, so why waste time and space explaining it? It is advisable to explain some of your soft skills, as it gives it a human feeling behind the resume.

- Create a section for core competence: If you have between 2 – 5 years’ experience, or you have switched various job roles, it is advisable to list out your core competences. This will help show the hiring manager within seconds, where you could help or fit-in in his organization.

- Keep your Job description short, sweet, and straight to the point. Remember to highlight more of achievements than job functions.

In my next post, I will be writing extensively on secrets of writing a great CV, watch-out!

2. Do your personal research – Identify your core strength and values

You should know this even before you start searching for various jobs. If you intend to sell yourself to an employer, you should know exactly who you are and the values that you bring to the table. This will enable you know exactly, how you can pitch your skills.

Being able to list out your core competence, should already give you the knowledge of what exactly should be your job role in any organization.

3. Create Value – What is your unique selling proposition?

It is great you have finally identified your strength and values. The next question you should answer is “why should anyone hire you?”

If you can assure the police force of your ability to catch a dreaded criminal if you are recruited into the force, there is a 90% chance that you will be recruited. This same thing goes to employers.

These questions would help you;

- What exactly do you have that the company doesn’t have?

- What do they have that you can come in and make better and efficient?

If you can answer this question with good research and sincerity, then you are closer to the mark of landing yourself a better job.

4. Research and Connect – Network with people that Matters

Now that you know what makes you stand out in a unique industry, it is time to connect with people in that industry. There are so many way you can totally achieve that;

- You can attend events concerning that industry. For questions regarding how to know about events, I suggest Eventbrite, Nigerian Seminar and Trainings, Facebook Events, Nigeria Chamber of commerce, Techpoint Weekly Events. All these will keep you abreast of happenings, and also allow you meet people with whom you share the same interest.

- Connect via LinkedIn. This is my favorite and it has worked so well for me. There are lots of works to be done even before you start dreaming of using your LinkedIn account to connect with influential people.

- You must have a LinkedIn profile that is in line with your CV

- Contribute extensively in your target sector

- Proffer solutions to issues affecting your preferred working sectors

- Take time to connect with Human Resource Managers or personnel

- Target CEO’s, Managers, Recruitment agencies, and connect with them. LinkedIn is not a social network to make friends and read daily news.

- Once the connection has been set in place, then you move straight to the number 5 tip.

5. Email Marketing – Sell yourself by mail to book for an appointment or interview

LinkedIn gives you an ample opportunity to access the emails of your connections. I don’t mean sending messages to your LinkedIn connections on LinkedIn, soliciting for jobs. It makes you look like a loser – just stop it!

There are several ways you can go about it like a professional. Here are some tips

- Make sure you have a good number of Top Connections (If you don’t have, you can buy)

- Download your connections – I will make this a topic for another day.

- Use any Email Marketing Template from top Email marketing agencies. I do prefer This will help you eliminate the issue of Bcc and Cc while sending out the mails. The moment a person notices that they received a broadcast Email, they become disinterested immediately. So I always use Email marketing Templates to do that for me.

- Create a compelling cover letter as the Email message, put links to your LinkedIn profile (If it is professionally presentable), any other resource that would enhance your worth, and also attach your Resume.

- Then SEND!!!

If you know all these, you shouldn’t leave a month outside of your job without getting another. These are secrets that top professionals in the industry use to move seamlessly from one job to another. Now you know them, what is my reward for exposing the secret?

Please just take a moment and like my Facebook page, and also subscribe to get my next article that would be Mind blowing. I leave you in suspense. If you have any question, please use the comment section to call my attention.

Read more at: https://patrickokunima.com/you-can-land-a-good-job-in-1-month-or-less-by-following-these-5-tips/

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
FREE Cover Letters for the first 5 persons to order for our professional CV. Proceed to order HERE!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by Gosj01(m): 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nice tips!

My signature speaks volume!
Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:44am On Oct 31, 2019
Gosj01:
Nice tips!

Thanks.
Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by StrikeBack(m): 7:03am On Nov 03, 2019
Wow! I just got a job just after reading this

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by prezee1: 7:04am On Nov 03, 2019
Informative

1 Share

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by phransix2: 7:04am On Nov 03, 2019
Today is sunday for Christ sake...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by jayson87: 7:04am On Nov 03, 2019
I won't be shocked if the person typing this nonsense does not even have a job let alone a good one.

These tips don't work... Today getting a job is a function of who you know and not what you know and how your CV looks. I have seen the worst of CVs get the best of jobs., the worst of degrees secure an engineering job in a multinational company. OP, please good jobs are not landed in 1 month like it is cast on stone

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by ib4real95(m): 7:04am On Nov 03, 2019
Nice tips

Dell Inspiron Gaming laptop available.
i5 7th gen, 8gb ram, 1tb drive, 4gb gtx 1050 card. 195k
Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 03, 2019
StrikeBack:
Wow! I just got a job just after reading this

Out of everything you could have said....

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by Aplaudez(m): 7:05am On Nov 03, 2019
I don't know who needs to hear this, that interview you're attending next will favour you, you'll be hired!

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by ednut1(m): 7:05am On Nov 03, 2019
grin where do u work op angry

4 Likes

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by Yohh: 7:05am On Nov 03, 2019
I'm sure many have done more than this but are still jobless or underemployed because the they lack the 'connection' factor.
It's frustrating and I thank God for my life

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by ecolime(m): 7:07am On Nov 03, 2019
Aplaudez:
I don't know who needs to hear this, that interview you're attending next will favour you, you'll be hired!
You dey look for likes this early morning? No worry, I go dash you one.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by Goldencheese(m): 7:08am On Nov 03, 2019
Nice article.

Job seekers should be well informed by this!

Thanks

PatrickOkunima:

Read more at: https://patrickokunima.com/you-can-land-a-good-job-in-1-month-or-less-by-following-these-5-tips/

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:10am On Nov 03, 2019
I see
Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by Enemyofpeace: 7:11am On Nov 03, 2019
Yinmu. In Nigeria it is no longer by CV but by your connections and how sweet your pusssssy is

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by EternalBeing: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2019
Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by CanadaOrBust: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2019
In Nigeria the first rule to land a job is knowing someone with inside connection concerning that job

1 Like

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by olioxx(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2019
Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by macaranta(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2019
Helpful tips
Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by udeze2000: 7:15am On Nov 03, 2019
Aplaudez:
Amen o
Have an interview tomorrow morning

6 Likes

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by millionboi2: 7:15am On Nov 03, 2019
Op could b earning 15k

#this is Nigeria o
advice giving to urselv is d best

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by qanda: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2019
Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by helinues: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2019
Like that
Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by Aplaudez(m): 7:17am On Nov 03, 2019
udeze2000:

Amen o
Have an interview tomorrow morning

God will go before you, you're favoured already!

7 Likes

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by millionboi2: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2019
prezee1:
Informative
is dat not bobrisky?

1 Like

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by jabor4Naija(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2019
Really helpful. I love what u said about messaging ur linkedin contacts, i think i ve to reduce dat for now and i would love to know more about email marketing.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by olioxx(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2019
OP this is Naija and not Norway oo!
See ehn, if you nor know person wey come know another person, OYO na your case o.
All this wan wey you write na Story 4 d gods.
Connection 1st b4 any other thing.

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by asorockvibesblo: 7:19am On Nov 03, 2019
Nice just.
Check my signature out below.
Re: Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less by money121(m): 7:21am On Nov 03, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tell Us Your Job Through The Part Of Your Body You Use The Most. / Graduate Internship At Exxonmobil / Schlumberger Nigeria For Graduate Field Engineers Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.