Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,376 members, 7,864,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home (50796 Views)

Exxonmobil, Shell, Chevron To Withdraw $3bn Suits Against NNPC / Chevron To Leave Nigeria / Chevron Quitting Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Edu3Again: 2:24am On Oct 30, 2019
By the time Buhari has finished with 9ja, even rats go run
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Toseenlove: 2:39am On Oct 30, 2019
frankwyte:
You guys just speak without brains trust me! How many of these companies acquired and run by Nigerians are doing well.

Is NNPC/ NPDC doing well?? You're talking ARAMCO which is run by 80% foreign exparts. You guys are really lame in that country. Dish out unverified informations and no one cares to draw attention when necessary.

Let it be known to you guys out there once foreigners leave that country as it's happening already know that it's a Dead end.

Look at the service companies run by foreign expatriates b4 now as soon as Nigerians took over what happened

This greed, wickedness, ethnicity, religious bigotry just name it...

Let Buhari rule and rule again. Nonsense

Bruh don't stress yourself on them, They are Eternally Cursed Entities. I think that particular section In Africa was an Experiment gone wrong by the Creator. There was too many Bugs & Glitches and thus a Failed and Abandoned Project. I've been having this Feeling for Long!!!

2 Likes

Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 30, 2019
iamJ:
Google aramco

It's a nationally owned oil company

Stop depending on whites

It's 2019 not 1929

All these companies were taking our money elsewhere

Better they left self
Are you comparing Saudi Arabia to Nigeria? NNPC will never and can never be like Saudi Aramco! So, Chevron leaving Nigeria is a big blow to Nigerian economy!
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by SoNature(m): 3:26am On Oct 30, 2019
iamJ:
Google aramco

Stop depending on whites

It's 2019 not 1929

Better they left self

See Nigerian man...una never manage ordinary NTA well, na Saudi Aramco you won dey use compare with NNPC that doesn't make profit year in, year out.

Nigeria is not even fit to be called a country.

It deserves to be shut down and recolonized

2 Likes

Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by SoNature(m): 3:30am On Oct 30, 2019
weslay:
Chevron is pulling out because it is no longer in their best interest to operate in Nigeria.
Do we have Nigerian firms that can sufficiently take over their operations?
For a country that still rely on other countries to fix it's roads, I doubt.
Our leaders need to realize that oil will not be here forever. They need to wake up and take adequate actions because the socioeconomic crisis in Venezuela will be child's play when our wells run dry.

Abeg, Nigeria get leaders?

FOI, what you have is thieves!

The earlier you start thinking beyond this shithole, the better for you.

1 Like

Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Chicastle: 3:46am On Oct 30, 2019
This Regime makes me know that the same Abokis we do see on the streets is still the same thing with that thing in Asorock

1 Like

Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by lexy2014: 4:16am On Oct 30, 2019
iamJ:
Google aramco

Stop depending on whites

It's 2019 not 1929

Better they left self

D money Nigeria spends on refined crude goes where?
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by gnykelly(m): 4:31am On Oct 30, 2019
sassysure:
This got to be a joke shocked shocked
(Saw it on Sahara reporters too)
Na so naija go take die?

If chevron is leaving, one of the major oil companies in Nigeria, pls tell me, who again will remain?
Shell?

It is finished.
See what bad govt has caused one of the best countries in the world?

All u ethnic and religious zealots, hope u are happy now?

The joke is on you... They didn't sight bad governance as excuses for leaving... They're leaving to take new opportunities in shale oil...

Learn to comprehend
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Nobody: 4:48am On Oct 30, 2019
gnykelly:

The joke is on you... They didn't sight bad governance as excuses for leaving... They're leaving to take new opportunities in shale oil...

Learn to comprehend

My own issue is that we have politicians in power that are not proactive. When shale was discovered as a cheaper way of producing crude oil. I already had that feeling that we are in trouble, and my own anger is that our politicians and government never deemed it fit to start focusing more on other sectors of the economy, now with reduced income the wisest thing they are doing based on their myopic reasoning is to start slamming taxes everywhere.
Who did we offend oooooo!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Vikynas: 5:03am On Oct 30, 2019
Nigeria is Nigeria let the foreign bodies leave so we can learn how to survive on our own as a country.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Emyogalanya: 5:17am On Oct 30, 2019
Someone should pls check the price they are selling , and get back to me. i want to buy Chevron. Thanks
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by ajl: 5:25am On Oct 30, 2019
It's a lie. They are trying to arm-twist the government to give in with respect to the royalties they are owing. They must pay. They simply want to scare the government who may rescind on demand for the royalties because of the fear of unemployed staff. It's all antics. If you know how western corporations operate in Africa, it's not surprising. Buhari should hold them well.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Madas1986(m): 5:25am On Oct 30, 2019
sassysure:
This got to be a joke shocked shocked
(Saw it on Sahara reporters too)
Na so naija go take die?

If chevron is leaving, one of the major oil companies in Nigeria, pls tell me, who again will remain?
Shell?

It is finished.
See what bad govt has caused one of the best countries in the world?

All u ethnic and religious zealots, hope u are happy now?

Not yet happy until your family leave Nigeria too
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Fuckgovt: 5:28am On Oct 30, 2019
iamJ:
Google aramco

Stop depending on whites

It's 2019 not 1929

Better they left self
bck man company never do u something. Since mtn changed to mtn Nigeria, the staff welfare dropped drastically.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by ajl: 5:33am On Oct 30, 2019
Fuckgovt:
bck man company never do u something. Since mtn changed to mtn Nigeria, the staff welfare dropped drastically.

Build your country. No one will do it for you. What's hard about extracting oil from the ground.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by ridbell01(m): 5:34am On Oct 30, 2019
This is a good news to all Nigeria that knw how this multinationals companies has been milking Nigeria since.. But for those blaming Buhari have they has their brain this question why the multinationals have not built a refinery in the country since?
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by onlyforchrist: 5:39am On Oct 30, 2019
DTeekay:
Let them leave, we have indigenous companies that will take over. Eg Belema Oil.

This is a BIG bad news. Chevron knows our oil is running dry and it's in their best interest to focus and have the big share on SHALE back home. Soon, we will buying oil from them.
Oil money go soon end, Nigerians brace yourself.

1 Like

Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by jaxxy(m): 5:45am On Oct 30, 2019
Chevron has been quite good and impactful in their operations here. Talking about indigenous oil companies I have my doubts about their standards and practices.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by onlyforchrist: 5:46am On Oct 30, 2019
johnmattew:
that company is bigger than apple, Microsoft and Google together

Really nigga? cover your face. Facebook alone will buy Chevron 5 times over. Apple is the biggest and most valuable company in the world with over $1T USD worth. Chevron is $230B worth.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 30, 2019
iamJ:
Google aramco

Stop depending on whites

It's 2019 not 1929

Better they left self

Is it this style where fulanis are given all available jobs that you will use to run the company when the whites are gone?
Dismantling Nigeria and dealing the final death blow seems to be the message of next level.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by onlyforchrist: 6:00am On Oct 30, 2019
teekaykes:
Chevron get brain they decided to leave the exhausted oil for Nigeria there is no More oil in naija

You are seeing the bigger picture.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Lugianostar(m): 6:12am On Oct 30, 2019
They should better pay me my monies before leaving else i will use Buhari as an object of constant observation?

Chevron why na!!!
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Bimpe29: 6:23am On Oct 30, 2019
Chevron assets will surely be bought by the cabals. I pray they will employ the sons and daughters of nobody
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Angelacruz: 6:32am On Oct 30, 2019
Exactly my thought
Kingray10:
It's a good new. But the side effect is worst. Think of those working with the company.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:39am On Oct 30, 2019
AK481:

And the new company don’t have their already existing managers abi?

They will operate with 2 md,2 svp, and also pay chevron staff the same salary abi?

Its simple, majority will be retained cos of the flow station which the previous owner already know how to work on. Btw, there will just be restructuring in the system
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 30, 2019
iamJ:
Google aramco

Stop depending on whites

It's 2019 not 1929

Better they left self
when we talk of national companies in Nigeria, what comes to mind is Phcn, nipost, nnpc, Nigerian air, Nbc,Nrc and a whole more of such redundant companies.
Nnpc can't even maintain its refineries and depots.Did I mention our steel plant in kogi that became obsolete, even before completion? our Aluminum plant in akwaibom that underperforming? Nigerian govt can't manage anything!!!!!!
please, I hope chevron stays -the pay very lucrative salaries (among the highest in the country) , steady dependable scholarships (unlike NNpc's erratic own) and many more.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Titogbanski: 6:51am On Oct 30, 2019
It is well
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by themanderon: 6:57am On Oct 30, 2019
Everyone is scaling down on fossil fuel yet the dullards who cannot seem to think for the future are busy looking for crude up north. Who will buy it? Soon crude oil will be as useless as the coal in Enugu.
E don be for northerners as what they fear most will soon come upon them.
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Felikz: 7:12am On Oct 30, 2019
It's high time we make agriculture in Nigeria in priority and not an option..
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Emmanuellllllll: 7:16am On Oct 30, 2019
iamJ:
Google aramco

Stop depending on whites

It's 2019

Better they left self
Aramco is a Saudi company�
Re: Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home by Blackvic1: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2019
careytommy37:
Good. They should hurry up and get out
nigerians and stupidity do you know how many jobs that will be lost?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Man's Boutique Business From 2005 To 2018 In Pictures / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory / Kano Hotelier, Tahir Fadallah Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.