Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members (1466 Views)

NYSC Disclaimer On Payment Of Arrears To Corpers / Corpers Will Enjoy New Minimum Wage - Minister, Sunday Dare / NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by damilola4162(m): 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
Brig. Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim director General of the National Youth Service Corps said the scheme await directives from the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed on when to commence the payment of the new minimum wage of N30, 000 to corps members.

The DG said once the Finance Miniter give the order to commence the payment, the serving corps members will be notified on the payment of the 30,000 minimum wage.

The NYSC boss made this known during the opening ceremony of a meeting between top management of the scheme and representatives of state governments on Tuesday in Abuja with the theme: “Optimising the potentials of corps members for national unity and development: The role of state governments as stakeholders.”

DG said the corp members will be communicated to, about the payment of the areas as a result of the 30,000 minimum wage which was singed into law in April this year, by president Mohammad Buhari.

The NYSC DG said: “The minister (of Youth and Sports Development, Sundawereore) has announced it and further details will be given to us by the Minister of Finance (Zainab Ahmed); this we are waiting for. I want to assure that just as the minister said, the corps members also benefitted from the minimum wage. The moment we get the details, they will be contacted.

“We are going to commence the payment as directed by the Federal Government. I have spoken to my corps members when I visited Jigawa State about four days ago. I told them that they also have benefitted from the minimum wage. And they were so excited and were praying for the Federal Government, saying it will engender them to perform more duties for the country.

“Once the government commences with the civil servants, the corps members will enjoy the same. Our minister has directed that further details will be communicated to us by the minister of finance.”
The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare, in his remarks, said the scheme has contributed immensely to the socio-economic, political and cultural development of the country since its establishement in 1973.

To sustain this achieve, the minister urged all levels of governments to fulfil their obligations towards ensuring smooth operation of the scheme.
The minister called for the creation of a conducive working environment for the potentials of Corps members to be fully harnessed for national development.

Dare said that he was concerned that the successes recorded by corps members in the past were being impaired today by the inability of critical stakeholders, especially states and local governments to fully discharge their statutory responsibilities to the scheme.

“Reversing this trend will surely increase the tempo of contributions of corps participants to the improvement of the living standard of our people, especially in rural communities,” the minister added.
Source:https://newspremises.com.ng/2019/10/29/nysc-awaits-directives-on-payment-of-n30-000-minimum-wage-to-corps-members/
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by jacquincy: 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2019
na so i expect 19k that time till they collecy my NYSC id card, cut am, put am insude bag, give me NYSC certificate .......e just be like dream say na passing out i dey with 7.9k
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by olac21(m): 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2019
Any info with respect to those that are passing out? Will they get the arrears of the allowances?
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by gloriaunobi(f): 5:52am On Oct 30, 2019
olac21:
Any info with respect to those that are passing out?
Will they get the arrears of the allowances?
Yes
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by damilola4162(m): 6:01am On Oct 30, 2019
Lalasticala
Mynd44
Dominique
Seun.
This news is confirmed not rumour.
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by damilola4162(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2019
damilola4162:
Brig. Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim director General of the National Youth Service Corps said the scheme await directives from the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed on when to commence the payment of the new minimum wage of N30, 000 to corps members.

The DG said once the Finance Miniter give the order to commence the payment, the serving corps members will be notified on the payment of the 30,000 minimum wage.

The NYSC boss made this known during the opening ceremony of a meeting between top management of the scheme and representatives of state governments on Tuesday in Abuja with the theme: “Optimising the potentials of corps members for national unity and development: The role of state governments as stakeholders.”

DG said the corp members will be communicated to, about the payment of the areas as a result of the 30,000 minimum wage which was singed into law in April this year, by president Mohammad Buhari.

The NYSC DG said: “The minister (of Youth and Sports Development, Sundawereore) has announced it and further details will be given to us by the Minister of Finance (Zainab Ahmed); this we are waiting for. I want to assure that just as the minister said, the corps members also benefitted from the minimum wage. The moment we get the details, they will be contacted.

“We are going to commence the payment as directed by the Federal Government. I have spoken to my corps members when I visited Jigawa State about four days ago. I told them that they also have benefitted from the minimum wage. And they were so excited and were praying for the Federal Government, saying it will engender them to perform more duties for the country.

“Once the government commences with the civil servants, the corps members will enjoy the same. Our minister has directed that further details will be communicated to us by the minister of finance.”
The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare, in his remarks, said the scheme has contributed immensely to the socio-economic, political and cultural development of the country since its establishement in 1973.

To sustain this achieve, the minister urged all levels of governments to fulfil their obligations towards ensuring smooth operation of the scheme.
The minister called for the creation of a conducive working environment for the potentials of Corps members to be fully harnessed for national development.

Dare said that he was concerned that the successes recorded by corps members in the past were being impaired today by the inability of critical stakeholders, especially states and local governments to fully discharge their statutory responsibilities to the scheme.

“Reversing this trend will surely increase the tempo of contributions of corps participants to the improvement of the living standard of our people, especially in rural communities,” the minister added.
Source:https://newspremises.com.ng/2019/10/29/nysc-awaits-directives-on-payment-of-n30-000-minimum-wage-to-corps-members/

Lalasticala
Mynd44 Dominique
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
jacquincy:
na so i expect 19k that time till they collecy my NYSC id card, cut am, put am insude bag, give me NYSC certificate .......e just be like dream say na passing out i dey with 7.9k
But were you paid the arrears?
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by opeyehmmy(m): 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
Story for the gods.
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by damilola4162(m): 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
Lalasticala
This is real news o....
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by jacquincy: 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
Dvin:
NOPE
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by theowane: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2019
Dvin:
of course he wouldn't be paid any arrears because allowee was not increased during his time. I think what happened during his time was the spread of fake news that allowee will be increased. This one now is definitely genuine because all the modalities, (for increase) have been put in place, and actually completed! Only a doubting Thomas will not believe that allowee will be increased as soon as the implementation of the new minimum wage takes effect.
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by sirqeeboi(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
theowane:
of course he wouldn't be paid any arrears because allowee was not increased during his time. I think what happened during his time was the spread of fake news that allowee will be increased. This one now is definitely genuine because all the modalities, (for increase) have been put in place, and actually completed! Only a doubting Thomas will not believe that allowee will be increased as soon as the implementation of the new minimum wage takes effect.

Ogbeni i wont believe until i purchase something worth 30000 naira with money..
Even if i see alert sef
Re: NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members by damilola4162(m): 5:35am On Nov 02, 2019
Lalasticala

(1) (Reply)

Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment / Prospective Batch B 2013 Corp House / SHAME !! See The Deplorable Condition Of Corpers' Lodge In A Cross River School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.