Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment (1466 Views)

NYSC 2015 Batch B States' Of Deployment Library / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment / No Nysc Re-deployment To Lagos, Abuja And Rivers For Batch A. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by netotse(m): 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2010
By Taye Obateru & Inalegwu Shaibu, with agency reports

JOS—DESPITE the resolution by the House of Representatives for the redeployment of Batch ‘A’ 2010 NYSC members from Plateau, some of the corps members have rejected the redeployment.

A News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, correspondent who visited the Jos Orientation Camp, yesterday, said that 1,015 out of the 1,211 corps members have registered, with more still arriving.

Meantime, the new Assistant Inspector General, AIG, in charge of Zone 4, Mr. Donald Iroham, who has been asked to oversee security in the wake of unending violence in the state, has vowed that sponsors of the violence would be exposed and dealt with in accordance with the law.

NYSC members adamant
Some of the corps members said they were ready to serve their fatherland in Plateau and that the security problem was not limited to the state but was a national issue.

Jemila Benzi, an indigene of Adamawa, said that though the National Assembly was representing the people and had the interest of the citizens at heart, she was comfortable serving in Plateau.

She said: “I am comfortable wherever I am sent to serve my fatherland. Anywhere I am sent, I will go because I believe that God has a plan for me. Though we are not happy with the crisis, we believe things will get better. Definitely I am not getting any redeployment, I am staying here because I am enjoying the weather, the food and the hospitality of the people.

“You can never get some of the foods and the weather they have on the Plateau elsewhere in this nation. I love this state though there are challenges, I believe things will be okay.”

Another member, Joshua Danjuma from Gombe State, said: “I am not seeking for any redeployment because I have made up my mind to serve the country. I will definitely stay and serve. My advice to government is to provide adequate security for all Nigerians. It is not only in Plateau.”

Yetunde Aluko from Osun said she would not have considered redeployment but for the pressure from her parents and other family members. She said: “I want to redeploy simply because my family members are not happy that I’m here now and they are very worried. I really feel I should redeploy to another state in the North.”

For Oguntoye Olanrewaju from Ogun, he was redeploying from Plateau on health grounds but would have loved to serve in the state. He said: “If not for the medical reason which I want to redeploy, I wouldn’t mind staying here as there is not much pressure from my parents. All they told me was to try as much as possible to keep to the words of our officials in the camp and behave responsibly so no pressure from them.”

Obong Cletus, an accountancy graduate from the University of Calabar, said every Nigerian needed security and urged the government to secure the lives and property of the citizens.

Cletus wondered what would happen to the thousands of batches ‘B’ and ‘C’ corps members to be posted to Plateau. He asked: “Are they also going to be redeployed?  Will the government redeploy the NYSC officials, civil servants and new students of higher institutions?”

Head of Public Relations in the NYSC in Plateau, Mr. Sam Nkwopara, said that redeployment forms were given to the entire Batch ‘A’ corps members but that less than 400 had indicated their interests to redeploy.

Nkwopara said: “We gave all of them redeployment forms but some who submitted have come back to withdraw them but we say no, until they write letters of withdrawal again. Most of those who wanted redeployment are those with medical and marital reasons. Don’t forget that some of those in camp have their parents, husbands and families here in Jos and have nowhere to redeploy to.”

source
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by aieromon(m): 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2010
All the reporter did was look for the people with stupidity written on their foreheads and interview them.
Load of crap.See them run when there is a crisis.You want to serve your fatherland with your heart inside your mouth undecided
Seriously,load of crap.
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by CyberG: 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2010
LOL @ serving the fatherland! Congratulations to you "patriots" for you think you are most patriotic of all to live in the valley of the shadow of death in the name of "service"? I think most of you corpers must be very naive and have not witnessed battle. . .nay, had a gun pointed straight at your forehead. . .LOL. While your leaders send their own children not to the most peaceful place in Nigeria but a foreign country with your money and hire killers to come after you, you are being patriotic! Well done o. . .but please don't cry to anyone when the killing Hausa-Fulani marauding-bastards descend on your enclave. The government will even fail to rescue your body after the crisis. . .so na double wahala for deadi-body o. . .me, my hand no dey o!
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by maddock(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2010
aieromon:

All the reporter did was look for the people with stupidity written on their foreheads and interview them.
Load of crap.See them run when there is a crisis.You want to serve your fatherland with your heart inside your mouth undecided
Seriously,load of crap.

Haba take am easy now.Crisis or no crisis there are still people living in jos, the chap is not being stupid refusing redeployment but being very patriotic. That should be the spirit, Nigeria as a country is not ready for a split  for now so we have to try to weather through the storm while hoping for a better day.And i think that should be your altitude too.
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by aieromon(m): 8:24pm On Mar 19, 2010
@maddock
There are always people that live in violence and disaster-prone regions all over the world.They dont stay there out of patriotism,they stay because they've got nowhere to go.
Should they be more patriotic than their leaders who ship their kids out of the mess called Nigeria?
It was recently reported that Okupe was duped of 100 million naira.he claimed it was his children's school fees.His kids can never go to Jos to be patriotic,they'll show their patriotism only in the corridors of power.
I tell you those corps members are phuckin' m0r0ns.
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by bgees(m): 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2010
NYSC service is just a period of suffering. I ran away after the 3 weeks orientation camp.

N-  now

Y -  your

S- suffering

C - continues.
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by 18platoon(m): 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2010
@cyberG, HAUSA/FULANI did not start the killings in jos, they where killed on three occations and no one said anything, but now that HAUSA/FULANIS have retaliated you're opening your gut-ter mouth spewing sh-it, you dim-wit.
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by emmydee(m): 9:36pm On Mar 19, 2010
stay there serve ur fatherland. Good gurl
Am sure u serve in the military cantonment in Jos.
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by lukkie(m): 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2010
Foolish corps members. You're on your own!

I wonder the kinds of students we have these days.
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by Chilug(m): 11:52pm On Mar 19, 2010
It is unfair to demand for their redeployment. Where is the one Nigeria for heaven sake. These people have graduated the have the mind of their own. The have the right to make decision that suit them they are there you people are not even there you only here what happened on radio or probably TV so give them a break to serve the nation. In the whole of Nigeria there is no place you find peace. If you dont find social break down you find civil unrest. Yeye d smell
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by Chikendo(m): 12:07am On Mar 20, 2010
If they feel its good for them fine! Bt ensure there is adequate security. Meanwhile pls i wanna know if there is any stream 2 for this batch A nysc. Pls sum1 tell me. Tanx
Re: Jos: Nysc Members Reject Re-deployment by hardywaltz(m): 1:06am On Mar 20, 2010
18 Platoon, you are beginning to sound like a broken record please say something else.
I would also like to be patriotic, however my patriotism can best be practised in Aso Rock, Ministry of Finance, etc rather than a war torn area

(1) (Reply)

Names Of Dead Corpers In Electoral Riots In N. Nigeria. May Their Souls Rip / NYSC 2013 Batch B Call Up No??? / 2017 Batch 'A' NYSC PCMs Have You Seen This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.