Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff (76825 Views)

Melania Trump Condemns Capitol Hill Attack / US Congresswoman, Katie Hill Seen In Nude Photos Showing Nazi Tattoo / Governor Eric Greitens Arrested After Circulating Nude Photos Of Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by TheExecutioner: 11:42am On Oct 30, 2019
DEMOCRATIC Congresswoman Katie Hill has resigned after finding herself at the centre of a sex scandal when nude images of her appeared online.

[img]https://images./3OHRBLLew2Jq11ZtLM4ssi.jpg[/img]

Here is what we know about the lawmaker and the political storm she is embrioled in.

Democratic Congresswoman Katie Hill is currently being investigated by the House Ethics Committee over her alleged relationship with a staffer

Democratic Congresswoman Katie Hill is currently being investigated by the House Ethics Committee over her alleged relationship with a staffer.

Who is Katie Hill?

Katherine Lauren Hill was born on August 25, 1987, in Abilene, Texas, but moved to California at a very young age.

[img]https://images./4jjTDrVtl35UvpbXAFyR3Y.jpg[/img]

Her parents, Rachel and Mike, are a nurse and a police officer and Hill went to schools in the Santa Clarita valley before attending California State University.

After university she began her career as a policy advocate at People Assisting the Homeless, a non-profit organisation developing affordable and supportive services for the homeless in California.

She rose through the ranks to become Executive Director of the organisation before announcing her candidacy for California’s 25th congressional district in 2017 as a Democrat.

She was elected on November 6, 2018, as the first openly bisexual member of congress from California.

[img]https://images./4Bw2E6kf141MhwG1Hxd1GO.jpg[/img]

Leaked photos appear to show Congresswoman Hill kissing 24-year-old Morgan Desjardins, of Santa Clarita, California

What is the nude photo row?

Leaked pictures of Hill emerged in October 2019 one day after the 32-year-old became the subject of a House ethics investigation into allegations that she bedded two young legislative staffers, one male and one female.

One of the images appears to show the congresswoman nude with a “bong” filled with a brown liquid and an Iron Cross style tattoo on her midriff.

Another image appears to show the congresswoman, 32, kissing a female staffer, who has since been identified as 24-year-old Morgan Desjardins.

After the images were released, Hill’s lawyer sent out a cease-and-desist letter to the Daily Mail, demanding it take down the images as this was an “invasion of privacy.”

The Daily Mail reported that Hill and estranged husband, Kenny Heslep, who she is divorcing, were in a polyamorous three-way relationship with Desjardin for more than a year.

According to the messages leaked to RedState, Hill called off the relationship in May, four months after she moved to DC.

In a letter to her constituents on Wednesday, October 23, Hill acknowledged the relationship, writing: “I know that even a consensual relationship with a subordinate is inappropriate, but I still allowed it to happen despite my better judgement.

“For that I apologise. I wish nothing but the best for her and hope everyone respects her privacy in this difficult time.”

Hill, 32, has said she is currently in the process of divorcing her husband, Kenny Heslep, who was part of a ‘throuple’ with Hill and Desjardins

When did she resign?

Hill announced she was resigning on October 27 saying she made the decision “with a broken heart” and that explicit private photos of her with a campaign staffer had been “weaponised” by her husband and political operatives.

In a statement, Hill said: “Having private photos of personal moments weaponised against me has been an appalling invasion of my privacy.

“It’s also illegal, and we are currently pursuing all of our available legal options,” adding, “However, I know that as long as I am in Congress, we’ll live fearful of what might come next and how much it will hurt.”

[img]https://images./7j17b07Q686DTjys8spWhh.jpg[/img]

The statement also read: “For the mistakes made along the way and the people who have been hurt, I am so sorry, and I am learning.

“I am not a perfect person and never pretended to be. It’s one of the things that made my race so special.”

She has not specified when she will step down.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10209443/who-is-katie-hill-and-what-is-the-nude-photo-row/

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by CallMeDrino: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by chibu4u2(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
shocked

True definition of complicated life and marriage.
Polyamorous marriages and she is even divorcing the estranged husband sef.

American life!

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Righteousness89(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
[i]It Shocks me how CNN network pampered this case of Ms Kate Hill like it was nothing.. Infact stylishly avoiding the Matter..
all because she is a Leftist!

Just Imagine if it was President Donald Trump...

They would Have Crippled Him ......

I Pray GOD Should give my Country, Nigeria a "President Trump"

[/i]

177 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by 1shortblackboy: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Male and female staff

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by tofolo(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
na wa Op this your moniker no be for here.

8 Likes

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Emily22(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Once you aim for a great position in life, your enemies will show up from all angles.....and if you ain't careful,u ll return to level 1

7 Likes

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by SincereBigot: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
eyah konji is a bastard
Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Drkeo: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
If na Naija politician she go first wait for fire and brimstone to fall down before she does the needful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Davny(m): 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
kai really bad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Alimani: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
undecided
Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Na wa for konji oh

1 Like

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Raphfito(m): 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Nobody can stop sexual feelings �

3 Likes

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by ursullalinda(f): 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
She dey do both ways.....hmmm Na waoh. Well they have integrity over there...if na Naija we will protest before she will consider resigning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Drkeo: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
1shortblackboy:
Male and female staff

Most females are bisexuals... Even here in Nigeria

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by opalu: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Like for TRUMP
Share for this KATIE

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by NobleRomm(m): 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
She resigned because it is US naa
Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by gurunlocker: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Report like this needs picture for confirmation

4 Likes

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Freemanbobble: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
Okay
Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by RenHub: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
"One male and one female grin!
Americans grin
In foreign country once a public figure gets called out for inappropriate conducts they immediately offer resignation but in Nigeria someone could be under investigation and would still be part of the team running the investigation grin God help us

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by CanadaOrBust: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
In 9ja they’d say “but they are adults na” forgetting she wields enormous power over them

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Olalan(m): 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
As much as we perceive the west to be morally bankrupt there is still a level of discipline that is required of public office holders unlike here where anything goes

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by osilamah77(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pisure or this na trash....
... Do you know billpay is going well.. Iykyk
Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by MobilityExpress: 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
M
Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Mescana22(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Oh Danm what a pretty Lady she is, now she is facing this hard time because of one clown, Ladies be careful, when ever you are having sex or after sex, make sure your partners phone is under the bed or swtiched off grin grin I dont get it, why should you carry phone upandan on the bed, ?? i can never be this careless , God forbid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by ksauthenticoi: 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Its so pathetic that no political office holder in my country can resign for any reason

3 Likes

Re: Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff by Jestin: 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Slapping senator could not even use his fish brain to resign

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$3.3m Bugatti Chiron Turned Heads At Zimbabwean Defence Headquarters / Inmate Escaped U.S. Prison In 1979, Recaptured On New Year's Eve / Journalist Kneels Down To Interview Muhoozi Kainerugaba, President Museveni Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.