Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,048 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

Game Of Thrones: HBO Is Working On A “house Of The Dragon” Series[photo] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Game Of Thrones: HBO Is Working On A “house Of The Dragon” Series[photo] (334 Views)

Everything Is Working Together For My Good – Ini Edo (Photo) / See The Mountain Of Game Of Thrones With His Brothers / MI Abaga Spotted With Jon Snow Of Game Of Thrones (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Game Of Thrones: HBO Is Working On A “house Of The Dragon” Series[photo] by Sadeeqdikkko(m): 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
It appears we will finally get a peek into the lives of Daenerys Targaryen ‘and her dragons – Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal.

The Game of Thrones prequel spinoff series House of the Dragon is receiving a straight-to-series order for 10 episodes from HBO, programming chief Casey Bloys announced late Tuesday.

As the title suggests, the new series will focus on House Targaryen, set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones and based on George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones spinoff book Fire & Blood. Martin co-created the series with Ryan Condal, who also created the recent USA sci-fi series Colony.
Emmy award winning and frequent Game of Thrones Director Miguel Sapochnik will direct the pilot of the show, as well as additional episodes, and serve as the co-showrunner with Condal.

Even though Martin’s Fire & Blood spans multiple generations of the Targaryen dynasty, it’s still unclear how House of the Dragon will approach the adaptation. But, since Martin’s book starts with the arrival of Aegon I in Westeros, as he unifies six of its seven kingdoms with his sister-wives Visenya and Rhaenys, it’s fairly certain that the new series won’t skimp on the incest.

Aegon I also originates several of the most iconic elements of Game of Thrones — founding King’s Landing, building the Red Keep, and forging the Iron Throne.

Bloys’ announcement came at the end of an epic presentation for the upcoming streaming service HBO Max, which will launch in May 2020. There was no announcement about when House of the Dragon will premiere, however.

(1) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj Keeps Her Anxious Fans Guessing! Deletes Twitter Post / Kenneth Okonkwo, Tonto Dikeh Honoured At Nollywood New Yam Festival / “I Am So Blessed”- Cee-c Celebrates Herself As She Turns 27 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.