Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,395 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real (1875 Views)

What do you folks think about this 2 minute video - The Legend of Netvenger / Female Nigerian Youtuber With Afro / Whiteboard Animation Video: The Game Changer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 10:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
Men it is hard doing this $#!+ in Nigeria. cry
Those Nigerian Youtubers who upload videos daily, how the fk do they do it?

Not only is data (internet) expensive. It is unreliable. Even when there is network signal, it is mostly slow. If by chance while uploading it, the power goes off (and your laptop doesn’t have battery like mine), then you have to start all over again.

I just spent 4 hours uploading a 200MB video and now it is telling me it would take 2+ to upload the next video. I down-graded this video to be less than HD quality so I could upload it and still... I can’t imagine me trying to upload a 10 minutes HD video that is probable over 1GB on Youtube.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
Didn't know 10pm have passed cry

Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by viktor88: 9:27am On Nov 02, 2019
And I plan to start my own channel next year, there is trouble.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by excellgraphics(m): 9:42am On Nov 02, 2019
I disagreed with you on this, I upload video on my channel everyday and with went fine, maybe you are not encode your video inline with YouTube criteria.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by Princepri(m): 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
faceland:

Not only is data (internet) expensive. It is unreliable. Even when there is network signal, it is mostly slow. If by chance while uploading it, the power goes off (and your laptop doesn’t have battery like mine), then you have to start all over again.

I just spent 4 hours uploading a 200MB video and now it is telling me it would take 2+ to upload the next video. I down-graded this video to be less than HD quality so I could upload it and still... I can’t imagine me trying to upload a 10 minutes HD video that is probable over 1GB on Youtube.

What kind of video do you create?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2019

Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by bmdmix: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2019
using glo?
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 12:22am On Nov 04, 2019
viktor88:
And I plan to start my own channel next year, there is trouble.

It depends on the frequency of your new upload, it is a challenge honestly.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 12:31am On Nov 04, 2019
excellgraphics:
I disagreed with you on this, I upload video on my channel everyday and with went fine, maybe you are not encode your video inline with YouTube criteria.

Really? How many MB are each of your video (on average)?
I know channels own by Nigerians who upload daily, they are usually big and its a mystery to me. Your videos are in HD so I presume it would be around 500MB for those 7mins videos. I don't put any code in my videos (apart from basic meta tags and title)

By the way, the link on your signature isn't correct (https://www.youtube/channel/UCJOnnIgzNFnbJRYxzESEGbg) because you didn't add "dot com" after the 'youtube'
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 12:33am On Nov 04, 2019
Princepri:

What kind of video do you create?

Art demo and am venturing into Vlogging and hopfully one day podcast.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 12:36am On Nov 04, 2019
bmdmix:
using glo?

For 3 weeks now my Glo is useless (I have about 3GB I can't use). It is Airtel am currently using. It was airtel that took the whole evening uploading 200MB. sad
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by bmdmix: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
faceland:

For 3 weeks now my Glo is useless (I have about 3GB I can't use). It is Airtel am currently using. It was airtel that took the whole evening uploading 200MB. sad
network mayb not good in ur area, try off data n turn on data back but glo here sucks either way

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by viktor88: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
faceland:

It depends on the frequency of your new upload, it is a challenge honestly.
I will be uploading daily, it's a mathematics channel

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
bmdmix:
network mayb not good in ur area, try off data n turn on data back but glo here sucks either way

Perhaps. Indeed Glo is not dependable.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
viktor88:

I will be uploading daily, it's a mathematics channel

make a clear video and explain well and people would watch many years to come. I always watch (mostly Americans and Indian) a few nights before exams and usually crush it at the exam.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by viktor88: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
faceland:

make a clear video and explain well and people would watch many years to come. I always watch (mostly Americans and Indian) a few nights before exams and usually crush it at the exam.
Thanks
That's the plan
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by agbolahan1991(m): 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
faceland:

Sorry to ask....
What app can I use to compress a video file
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
agbolahan1991:

Sorry to ask....
What app can I use to compress a video file

Honestly, I don't know. However I am sure you would find your answer if you search on Google... I usually save the video in lower resolution (after editing, I render it below HD because 10 minutes of an HD video is 1GB) and the end file comes out less.

May be excellgraphics could give a suggestion (since you do it everyday).
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by agbolahan1991(m): 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
faceland:

Honestly, I don't know. However I am sure you would find your answer if you search on Google... I usually save the video in lower resolution (after editing, I render it below HD because 10 minutes of an HD video is 1GB) and the end file comes out less.

Thank u bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by excellgraphics(m): 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
The truth is that there's a software you will to compress your video without losing out any quality of the said video, even the software can compress that 200mb to 20mb and that's what I used, I produce my video with 1920x1080Dp and compress the crazy video file before upload it on YouTube

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by Nanorest: 6:25am On Apr 22, 2020
faceland:

WhatsApp can convert your 200mb videos to less than 20mb with same quality

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by don4real18(m): 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
grin 200mb for 7mins video is large even for 4K videos. You haven't learnt how to convert videos yet.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nanorest:

WhatsApp can convert your 200mb videos to less than 20mb with same quality
I didn't know that. shocked Thanks
So you have to upload it to WhatsApp 1st?

I would check it out my phone is currently charging, I would be nice to be able to upload HD video again.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
excellgraphics:
The truth is that there's a software you will to compress your video without losing out any quality of the said video, even the software can compress that 200mb to 20mb and that's what I used, I produce my video with 1920x1080Dp and compress the crazy video file before upload it on YouTube

I would research this (if you konw of any free software names, I would appreciate). It would save me a lot of money/data and time. Thanks.

I noticed you use to upload in HD.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by Nanorest: 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
faceland:

I didn't know that. shocked Thanks
So you have to upload it to WhatsApp 1st?

I would check it out my phone is currently charging, I would be nice to be able to upload HD video again.

Send it to your friend. Then download it from your friends WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nanorest:

Send it to your friend. Then download it from your friends WhatsApp
I see, it seems it might cost data to initially upload/send.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by Nanorest: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
faceland:

I see, it seems it might cost data to initially upload/send.

No. It will cost less than 20mb. WhatsApp will even load halve of it without data

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by faceland: 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nanorest:

No. It will cost less than 20mb. WhatsApp will even load halve of it without data
That is cool. Thanks. I would explore it.
Re: Nigerian Youtuber - Spent 4 Hours Uploading 200MB Video - The Struggle Is Real by excellgraphics(m): 7:45am On Apr 23, 2020
Though the one am using at the moment is a paid one and i will attach the software interface screenshoot to this message here, more so i have use free software in the past but i don't know if the software is still free link here:https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
faceland:

I would research this (if you konw of any free software names, I would appreciate). It would save me a lot of money/data and time. Thanks.

I noticed you use to upload in HD.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Car Sounds For Animation / Our Industry Is Dying And Needs A Boost! / I Want To Start A Printing Press

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.