Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) (26998 Views)

Man Trapped In A Sealed Manhole In Lagos, Cries Out For Help (Video) / Why Can't All Roads In Lagos State Be Like The Roads In Alausa, Ikeja? (PHOTOS) / Ambode Is Building Pedestrian Bridge At Magodo-Alausa Secretariat Bus-stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by flejnr2(f): 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
Ha all this ibo boys and Hausa boys wey Dey sell iron scrab

1 Like

Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by abdullkabar(m): 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
The evils we do to ourselves as citizens aren't a small one
Sometimes you wonder how we think(quite crude tho)
God help us, but we aren't helping ourselves cry
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by IamHonourable1: 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
Good citizens of this country have to watch out for these criminals who perpetrate this crime especially at night.They steal those things and sell them as scraps.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by 1shortblackboy: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
iamapplord:

What the f*ck are they going to do with it
sell it as scrap metal
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by xtrim1: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
Na aboki 'kwandem' steal am. They stole guard rails on bridges too. So blame the citizens not government.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by Butoneday2(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2019
Imagine just imagine. San-wo-olu where @thee
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by Bellotelli: 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2019
Come to Abuja and see lots more. The govt should look for ways to mount those cover properly in order to avoid them being stolen by scavengers.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
Guestuser:
Those things were always covered .
It’s Nigerians like you that removed all of the metal covers and sold them.
We keep blaming the government in Nigeria , whereas we the people are the greatest problem.

"We the people are our greatest problem".
Word!
It's like we love living in a third world country.
An average Nigerian just looooves this country, the way it is.
Steal transformer, steal wire, still manhole, steal human being, steal everything imaginable.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by goshen26: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
gulfer:
Two days ago, this was on the front page. We are our own worst enemies........https://www.nairaland.com/5499284/amuwo-odofin-task-force-arrests

Those aboki/Niger guys that full Lagos without LASRRA number are mostly fund of starling anything called iron. If u keep your generator outside they will steal

1 Like

Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
Bellotelli:
Come to Abuja and see lots more. The govt should look for ways to mount those cover properly in order to avoid them being stolen by scavengers.

There are manholes in developed nations but they are rarely stolen.
The problem, in this instance, is not the government but the thieving citizens.

We really need to start being accountable to the law here in Nigeria .

We are just too lawless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by frozen70g(f): 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
They are aware of that, once a human being falls into it, gbaam ❗❗❗

They will rush and cover it

1 Like

Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by NACE13: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2019
Come to Aba and you'll see worse. I visited Aba few months ago, went for early morning work out, I always fell into a drainage hole. I wanted to create a topic about this same thing. Too bad my memory card got corrupt after I left Aba.
Ikpeazu is the worst governor in SE
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by bukatyne(f): 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
Even if they are stolen by unscrupulous elements who want to sell it, I would still blame the Govt.

Mount surveillance and make scapegoats of people you catch.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by okoroemeka(m): 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
babzo:
Manholes in Nigeria? Im suprised. That actually is good news; its a sign of development. We need to find a way to stop the evil thieves stealing the covers.
underground drainage and manholes has been around for long it's not new,what's new is that poverty , ignorance and all malady in between has made some Nigerians to turn around and steal the iron manhole cover to sell as scrap,if you go to Niger bridge onitsha there are armed guards protecting the iron bridge,if not criminals will dismantle the bridge and sell it for scrap iron,it's very unfortunate it's like an African lungfish the country is devouring itself from the tail and nothing can stop it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
Please there are those who are satisfied with the current condition in Nigeria. They're the demons you see throwing trash and debri on the street that'll block drainages and cause flooding, they're the ones who'll stop at nothing to be uncivilized monkeys.
If I had super powers ehn those people will have to remain in the trashy Nigeria... Then there will be a new Nigeria where the mad mad minds that are replete in this country won't be allowed into.
Forget it, there's still poor people that are civilized.. It's not all about the rich and the poor.
It's just the unevovled state of the mind of some humans.
I shudder to think that we've been shackled together to be one nation and breathe the same air with these people

Seriously, I'm just sad...

1 Like

Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
nairafame:
WATCH FULL VIDEO BELOW
https://www.nairafame.com/2019/10/man-calls-out-nigerian-government-after.html

From constain going to Iponri Estate, all the manholes there have been stolen or vandalized
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by ikwedim(m): 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
Let me shock you, those holes you see are been used to transport kids or people for ritua purposes. You guys may not understand what I am saying but a lot goes on underground. Someone is under but you will never believe. Na you lay the foundation of Lagos to doubt me?
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by Tonyblessed(m): 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
Probably by all these boys from the north.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by updatechange(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
I think they need to arrest those who buy these covers from the vandals.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by stasius: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
Oga it's your brothers that are stealing the manhole and killing people.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by deavicky(m): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
That thing was covered nah, nah boys or malam change the position.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by ojibole(m): 5:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
Do you know the govt can be sued for this. Imagine a visually impaired person walking there. Smh
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by Originalsly: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
The City government is trying..... prosecuting the thieves and the buyers.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by gaza1234: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nigeria is a fucking zoo
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by Legendguru: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by mamaafrik(m): 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
Na concrete make government use instead of iron.
Aboki are just illiterate,virtually all the ones for Iyanapaja are not covered.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by babzo(m): 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
okoroemeka:
underground drainage and manholes has been around for long it's not new,what's new is that poverty , ignorance and all malady in between has made some Nigerians to turn around and steal the iron manhole cover to sell as scrap,if you go to Niger bridge onitsha there are armed guards protecting the iron bridge,if not criminals will dismantle the bridge and sell it for scrap iron,it's very unfortunate it's like an African lungfish the country is devouring itself from the tail and nothing can stop it.

Armed guards protecting the bridge? Haaaaaa.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by Trump4ril: 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
There are big ones in Ojota.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by LadySarah: 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
Go to Akpajo,eleme junction .ph and see Aboki gradually stealing the iron that serves as the railway for the Aba ph route.Even All the ones in Aba has been stolen

God will punish them.

Cc babzo,mamaafrik,ojibole,okoroemeka,NACE13
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by mamaafrik(m): 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
LadySarah:
Go to Akpajo,eleme junction .ph and see Aboki gradually stealing the iron that serves as the railway for the Aba ph route.Even All the ones in Aba has been stolen

God will punish them.

i see that also at oshodi , Yoruba boys do same at oshodi CCECC reconstruction site there,but those are the excavated,rusted old rail lines.Engineers and soldiers on site gives them the permission to do so.
Tell us ,what is the relevance of those rail trackd cartered away by them.
Are they still used or useable??
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by mamaafrik(m): 9:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
LadySarah:

God will punish them.

i think i saw those ones you are talking about(it may not be the one you are talking about though) during NYSC along Umuahi aba axis,they are old unused scraps tracks.
Good that we are opening people's eyes.
Re: Manhole Left Uncovered In Alausa, Lagos (Video) by bikefab(m): 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2019
This? There are lots of them in Abuja. Just take a stroll from oando filling station at first avenue gwarinpa, walking towards kado estate. Plenty.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Ever Missed A Flight? / BRT Vehicle Crushes Man To Death In Lagos / Your Vehicle Can Be Impounded If You Neglect This Traffic Direction (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.