Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites (15192 Views)

Uzodimma Seals Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University, 24 Hours To Matriculation / Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions / The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:54am On Nov 01, 2019
Rochas2023:

You fail to mention that this man is already a billionaire before entering politics
Rubbish! And he own all those properties before he became Governor.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 01, 2019
Metrixnews:
The chancellor, Eastern Palm University, Sen. Rochas Okorocha has announced plans to offer students with excellent academic performance in JAMB automatic scholarship into various departments in the university.

Okorocha, the immediate past governor of Imo state made this known in a chat with ABN TV on Wednesday.

He emphasised that those with special cases who by unforeseen circumstances cannot afford to go to school will be considered.

The federal lawmaker while stating that his Foundation, Rochas Okorocha Foundation is in talks with JAMB to organize this scholarship described education as a critical social infrastructure to drive development.

He also announced that at the moment, Eastern Palm University is offering free education to no fewer than 720 students at various departments, saying this is a way the Foundation is offering assistance to those who cannot afford the cost of education.

Okorocha also said the aim of establishing the university is to help the Foundation actualize its mandate of training children of the poor to the university level, adding that it is more cost effective than enrolling them in universities that do not belong to the Foundation.

While announcing that benefiting students can approach the Rochas Foundation headquarters or register online, Okorocha said JAMB will play a critical role in choosing those who will access the scholarship.

Source: https://www.abnews247.com/2019/10/breaking-okorochas-university-to-offer-automatic-scholarship-to-outstanding-jambites/

There's nothing in the school oh. No good road self to drive to the main gate from orlu to ideato.
Crazy fellow

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by ihitenansa: 6:58am On Nov 01, 2019
modelmike7:

Will you shut up. Well you are a kid who doesn't know this is one of the Billionaires in Nigeria, many many years before he even near politics at all.
All these little pikins sef.
shut up
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by phenol33(m): 6:59am On Nov 01, 2019
Can u come forward with an evidence?
TOPCRUISE:
He used state government money to build university, factories, plazas, hotels, companies e.t.c for himself. Most of this arrogant ex Governor's deserve to be stoned
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by ihitenansa: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2019
juche:
I am really sorry for people who are not from IMO state exposing their ignorance on issues they do not know anything about. The said University was built with IMO state money and have been taken over by the present IMO state government. So which school is Rochas going to give the scholarship ? This is the way he continues to scam people. The gullible people will be here shouting up and down how he was a billionaire before. Can any of you tell us what business Rochas have done or where he worked to become a billionaire ?
uche gi di ya

1 Like

Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by generationz(f): 7:00am On Nov 01, 2019
ednut1:
Jamb is not a measure of intelligence. The high scorers are not usually the best students in uni

You say? grin grin
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Amozever12: 7:03am On Nov 01, 2019
Isinweke:
This is good but that school won't give them quality education, it's just to destroy the intelligent brains, give them the best schools abroad there your children study.
We have have seen how Rochas is reducing Imo State education system to the level of those in [b][/b]South West.
Instead of saying North, you are mentioning southwest. You must be joking, bro
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by NORSYK(m): 7:09am On Nov 01, 2019
Don't be deceived by this scammer gimmicks... Eastern Palm University does no longer exist its now a campus of Imo State university
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Otunbastevo(m): 7:09am On Nov 01, 2019
Which university? The one that has been taken over by Imo state government?
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by 9gerian: 7:11am On Nov 01, 2019
This Okorocha ehn... but for his perceived arrogance is a philanthropist per excellence.

Not sure how he lost favor with his people though but he makes good impact consistently.
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Rochas2023: 7:16am On Nov 01, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

Rubbish! And he own all those properties before he became Governor.

What does he own really after becoming gov? Eastern palm university only.

I think you are ascribing what some of his family members own to him which is not proper.
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Rochas2023: 7:18am On Nov 01, 2019
Otunbastevo:
Which university? The one that has been taken over by Imo state government?

No it hasn't imo state can't take it over it's is only FG can do that forget all the noise Iheadioha is making
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by thundafire: 7:19am On Nov 01, 2019
iammo:

i still wonder who cursed the once charitable and good man called rochas, his case breaks my heart every time i read about him

his greed wat he embezzled to build if government serious such are to be thrown in jail
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Rochas2023: 7:20am On Nov 01, 2019
fastseo:
I hate this man, God forgive me.

He wants to attract sympathy from the general public. I repeat all roads constructed by okorocha 8 years of governance..has been washed off.

The Eastern palm university was built with 100% imo state money. He brought an opinion to move the imo state university to his home town so as to decongest Owerri metropolis but people of Owerri refused. Okorocha knew quite well that people will resist, but he had a game plan. He continued with the structure suggesting that imo state can have two universities. Right now okorocha has claimed the school

Get the story here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/82866/okorochas-relocation-of-imo-state-university.html

The new imo stats government is trying to probe the institution and get it back to be an Anex of imo state university because it's built with 100% tax payers money.. Now okorocha the yahoo yahoo man wants to offer scholarships so as to get public sympathy...https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/okorocha-insist-eastern-palm-varsity-jointly-owned/amp/

All those links you added are known to peddle fake news, nobody takes them serious
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by EkwensuNjaba(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2019
Ok
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Rochas2023: 7:24am On Nov 01, 2019
ruggedtimi:
Guy this man made his money from politics. He was an adviser to Obj and trust me that his post was very lucrative and he had other government appointments before obj's tenure.

Lol, how many special advisers are billionares Even during GEJ time,
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by sujexy(m): 7:31am On Nov 01, 2019
KenModi:

You mind that indomie pickin...he probably wasn’t born in 2003 when Rochas contested against Obasanjo in the PDP presidential primaries. To get nomination form that time was not easy even as it is today.

He contested against Yaradua for the ticket not Obasanjo..

In 2003, he contested for Imo Guber..

He was rather, Obj's S.A in his first term..

stop distorting facts bro
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by ScotMisile: 7:37am On Nov 01, 2019
modelmike7:
This is a very good one from Mr Okorocha.
I hope his people can take good opportunity of this.
His people or Nigerians.
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by ScotMisile: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2019
iammo:

i still wonder who cursed the once charitable and good man called rochas, his case breaks my heart every time i read about him

Nobody cursed him bro. He is fine
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by back2sender: 7:42am On Nov 01, 2019
modelmike7:

Will you shut up. Well you are a kid who doesn't know this is one of the Billionaires in Nigeria, many many years before he even near politics at all.
All these little pikins sef.
please name the industries , companies , services he rendered that made him a billionaire in nigeria!
we are waiting for the list Sir
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by West2019(m): 7:59am On Nov 01, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
He used state government money to build university, factories, plazas, hotels, companies e.t.c for himself. Most of this arrogant ex Governors deserve to be stoned
thank God him use the money to build school ,plaza ,hotel, companies and many more in IMO ,Not saving it in the bank
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Ochendo1: 8:09am On Nov 01, 2019
Rochas, the Nigerian king of con men is about to scam people again using a university fully run, owned and taken over by the Imo State government.
Again, we warn people not to fall for his gimmicks in order to get public sympathy for a failed presidential ambition that is already dead on arrival.
The clown has been looking for ways to be on the news again after a battered, corrupt filled, filty image.
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Belteshazzar1: 8:17am On Nov 01, 2019
Honestly this man has great passion for the poor and their education.......
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by ruggedtimi(m): 8:23am On Nov 01, 2019
Rochas2023:

Lol, how many special advisers are billionares Even during GEJ time,
ask about timi alaibe former special adviser to GEj
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by ONNYX: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2019
ruggedtimi:
Guy this man made his money from politics. He was an adviser to Obj and trust me that his post was very lucrative and he had other government appointments before obj's tenure.

I am no fan of Rochas.
I think he made a mockery of governance during his misadveture as Imo state Governor.
He brought government to the level of a play pen.
And to think that this man even contemplated becoming President.

But in all objectivity he was already a very solid man twenty years ago, perhaps even more solid than he is today.
I do remember his investments in philanthropy all around the country (whatever may have been his impetus).
His foundation was very visible and his support in the building of the foremost Christian edifice The National Ecumenical Centre
does not require a struggle to remember. Of course I do not know the source of all that money and if it was from over inflated government patronage.

But I still give it to him that he was an already made man beyond rhetorics before he became governor.

On the whole I am really happy that he put paid any chances of his ever vying for presidency ever again

The masquerade has indeed been unveiled.
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by jaxxy(m): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2019
Okorocha is very good and useful when not in power, give him power and he gets intoxicated, proud and unrecognizable.
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by ikdaddy01(m): 8:46am On Nov 01, 2019
The school belongs to Imo State govt and not Okorocha
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2019
Amozever12:

Instead of saying North, you are mentioning southwest. You must be joking, bro

These days the Northerners are doing better than the South-westerners... academically
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by Marscolors: 9:03am On Nov 01, 2019
Sheriman:
All these Advance Secondary school School Called A University

That's why u can't write good sentence?
Re: Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites by ScotMisile: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2019
back2sender:

please name the industries , companies , services he rendered that made him a billionaire in nigeria!
we are waiting for the list Sir

Where were you when ElRufai visited Former Gov. Udenwa thanking the people of IMO State for developing Abuja?... Who do you think he was referring to? A man adjudged to own 1/3 of real estate investmens in Abuja before ever venturing into politics.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fumigation: 100 Ekiti Students Hospitalised After Inhaling Chemicals / Why Is Pijin English Now Common Among Nigerian High Institution Students / Aviation Workers To Shut Down Airports In Support Of ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.